II Chapter 44 – Shisui – Gene is leaving
769 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday I tried to upload a few images but apperantly I did not suceed, it was not visible for some, so I put them down. 

It was worth a try but well...yeah. 

Spoiler

I tried again, no clue if it works this time, if it does Yeahahahaha, if not ... well ... 

[collapse]

--

Shisui had enough, more than enough from all these politics, from the games and strategic decisions and from all those damn talking, talking, talking, being imprisoned by fear just because of what happened. 
Gene was not bothered by it, she never was, she waited until the people came to a conclusion and if it didn't fit what she wanted she simply ignored them shutting away the objections, something she adapted from Tsukiko. The Menace she did the same, just that she was far more ruthless, utterly destroying what didn't sit right with her. 

I like Tsukikos way of dealing with things more. 

Bringing Gene to her room he helped to gather her stuff, she shook her head when he wanted to bring them to the small compound that was from now on assigned to the Yuki, she simply smiled and said that her new Clan was something she had to deal with by herself, gaining their trust wouldn't be an easy thing after all. 

Gene went with a smile and two sheets of stuffed to the brim storage. He looked at the empty room and felt empty himself. He had gotten used to the smallish room being stuffed with things to the brim, trinkets, papers and books, the desk was still there only not it was empty, the closet was drawn over with color, but it was the only color left the one thing that remained was the screen with camellias. Wondering where it came from he couldn't exactly remember when that one was added, Gene said it suddenly was there for a moment. 

Seriously, where does this thing come from, it's fine quality. 

Deciding he was not worth it, shrugged his shoulders and was left alone sitting on top of the roof brooding, not knowing what to do with himself. 
Mikoto-san said she had a few papers to read, since he was now vice head, with a sign at the thought of reading and managing the dryly written mountains of paper in the bureau he jumped downwards wanting to make his way there. 

"Shisui?", he heard Itachi behind him and turned around, wondering what his cousin would want from him. 

"Yeah?", he asked, and Itachi seemed to be hesitating a bit before gathering the courage to say something. "How do you tell a girl you like her?", he asked, and left Shisui stumped. 

"What?"

"You heard me fine, how ... well ... do you tell ... you know."

"Tell me it's not Tsukiko or Genevieve.", Shisui said out loud, and his little cousin gave him a glare that could murder a man. 

"No, do you think I want to end up in a body bag, It's about ... someone else" he said and Shisui was internally relieved, luckily it was not one of his teammates the catastrophe would be in the making if it was. 

"Well in that case, support her and be sincere, honesty is never the wrong way, do what you won't regret and don't get controlled by the fear of her refusal it is much worse to never find the question answered at all and find yourself doubting." 

"Thanks.", Itachi literally vanished. 

"Why don't you ask Gene and Tsukiko, they are girls!", he called after Itachi and suddenly felt he said the wrong thing. 

Genevieve and Tsukiko admittingly may not be the best of advisors in that case. Sometimes I doubt Tsukiko is a girl from the way she is speaking. 

Trying to forget the instance, he opened the office where Mikoto-san was sitting and already working on her papers. 

"Oh, the legend of Shinobi does grace me with his assistance, grab yourself a chair, and we can talk while working." She said, and Shisui took her up on the offer and started to sort through the papers before piking a clan member's report and starting to read through it. 

"I start to understand why my husband was short-tempered sometimes during the evenings, this is plain exhausting.", Mikoto-san muttered and rubbed her temple, "I have trouble understanding some of this and barely the Time I wanted for Sasuke, it's only relieving Itachi cares so much for him." 

"I agree, what do you think of the Team 13 issue?", he asked Mikoto who started wheezing out a laugh. 

"You mean Minatos distraction?", she asked. "It's a good idea I believe most have gotten his intention, but the bait of having a person of their own choosing join a Team for the Suna-Kiri diplomatic escort mission is tempting enough to make them overlook his original intention." She shifted to another report. "Especially if two future Clan leaders are present. I doubt Gene realized it, but she made a reputation for herself, a Shinobi of her capability at her age she is nothing less than a genius, she lacks the finesse for diplomatics, but that comes with experience. Now that she made her choice and wished to reestablish the Yuki, with her Kekkei Genkai, every bachelor with ambition will have an eye on her similar to Tsukiko once she is of age. The temptation of being a possible Clan leader to tempting." 

"Tsukiko is Loyal to Kakashi, she represents the Hatake for years now and has done a mighty fine job." 

"No doubt, but still many started thinking Kakashi will yield the title of the Clan head to her, we know it won't happen but how many have a connection as close as we do to her and know the Menace, really know her, I believe only Gene might but not even she knows where that brat gained the knowledge, skill and experience she has." 

Mikoto-san was right, and that unsettled him more than it should. Tsukiko was brilliant in politics, but she was no match for Itachi and Gene in terms of combat skill and strength, being able to use a few body flickers and a flying thunder stretched her capabilities of Jutsu to the Limit, forcing her to focus on Taijutsu. 

"So whom are we going to nominate?", Shisui asked and Mikoto-san grinned at him, giving him an ominous feeling. 

"You my dear, obviously, you know them, you work well with them and that makes you almost perfect and is more than the others are capable of saying. If you are willing." 

"Ah.", he answered and thought about it, he was older than the other three by a stretch, and held a higher rank as a Jonin, he would fit as every team needed a Jonin, but it also felt awkward. He would have to follow Tsukikos orders as she was team leader despite her being a special Jonin, who got where she was by using brains and with Itachi and Gene being Genin, both of at least Chuunin level or likely above Chuunin level combat strength. 
On the other side, working with Gene on the long run. "I am on board." 

32