II Chapter 45 – Chocolate in the mornings
678 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene was tired, there was no other word to express it than with than plainly, bone deep tired. The children she took in under the Name of the Yuki were hesitant, for all the right reasons, and it was only thanks to Izayoi they even spoke a single word with her, Seiyu whom she also took care of now was still unconscious in the hospital and god knew what would happen to him, but the doctors only shook their heads in confusion at his state. to make things worse, they may had dealt with the Kyuubi but the traitor was still an unknown, the momocrome guy she met gave her shivers and she had no clue who he was other than he was apperantly powerful and who the hell was behind that lab?
Even with the blueprints and scientific records they found in the now collapsed Lab they couldn't do anything, no one could even decipher what exactly was written on it.

Neither her nor Tsukiko had much of an affinity for biology, and the specialists here stood in front of the material blabbering scientific stuff no one understood but resulting in the same thing they had already guessed. This work was light years ahead of everything they knew, and half of it was gone. 
Whoever did that, they were certain of, had to be a genius. Tsukiko send a copy to the forgotten, but god knew if they could understand what that was about, apparently their leader and fellow countryman Emeraude didn't even know how to spell biology, the only thing she did that had anything to do with that was the breeding of vicious man eating Piranhas.

At least now she knew where to send a body if she wanted for it to vanish, for good. 

Signing she looked on the top of her new roof and at the window, a dissareyed chaos of a garden was there and for all that mattered it looked almost charming in how unkept it was. Internally, she put a radical gardening day on her list of things she needed to handle, or ask Tsukiko or Mikoto-san who took care of their gardens, so she could hire them. 

Getting up she remembered that Kushina wanted to do Jinchuuriki training with her, slouching she marched to the screen and closed it behind her, it was the same as always the one with the red camellias. 

Did I take that screen with my, I thought I left it since it wasn't mine. Oh, well. 

Ignoring the issue, she dressed as always, just forgone the Tunic with the Clan Emblems on i but took one of the few without. In new pants and with freshly combed hair, she tied her Shinobi Badge around her neck. Fixed her quiver and bow to her hips and walked out, stretching herself against the sun. Her sight promptly falling to the next door building that needed a slight renovation. 

"Oh well." 

She muttered and felt her savings starting to melt already, maybe she should give the invoice to the Hokage office and wait what would happen with a bit of luck it would drown in the other paperwork and get paid without really getting read, worth a try. Perhaps it works. 
With the thought of shoving all the expenses at Minato she made her way through the pathways of her very own compound, it felt strange to walk through her own compound. 

Opening the door to what she sniffed out yesterday to be the kitchen, she stood there and missed her table. 

I need to put a table on the list.

Climbing up to the carports, she opened the one over the kitchen sink and looked into emptiness. 

Dear, no coffee, no hot chocolate. 

Signing, she jumped down and determined herself to buy some coffee on the way to practice. 

"Morning.", she greeted Izayoi. 

"Morning." he greeted back hesitating a second "Clan Head."

"Not yet, can you make me a list of everything we need?", she asked him. "I am training with Kushina on how to be a Jinchuuriki." 

"I can do that." 

"Good, make it expansive, I will be robbing the Hokage office of their money, I doubt my savings will cover it all."

"Sure.", Izayoi opened another carport and pulled out a bit of hot Chocolate.

"Can I get a cup of that too?", she asked internally, asking herself why in the heavens she hadn't looked up in other places.

"Yes." 

A few minutes later she was sitting on the kitchen and slurping a bit of hot chocolate in silence with Izayoi who did the same.

"I don't think anyone told you yet, but thank you. It must be a pretty radical step for you, you had a nice place with the Uchiha and could have stayed there too if it wasn't for us." he said and Gene blinked, well she hand't expected that.

"It's fine, you reminded me a bit of myself I think, from when I started off. I had no parents, no one to support myself, my luck was meeting Shisui and three other Konoha Shinobi, who took me in, saved me and made certain I had the possibility to find a place among the Uchiha. " She answered him. "I would have blamed myself if I had just watched and done nothing for you. I could have ignored the issue, maybe, if I hadn't been among the ones who found you, but I was, and I couldn't look away. So I did what I could do, the possibility was there, a path to be walked on, if it was the right choice, I don't know." she shrugged her shoulders. "But I sure won't regret it, and that's the important thing."

"Thank you, nevertheless, Clan head."

"You are welcome, now excuse me, I have a rendezvous with a redhead at a Ramen store." 

"A rendezvous?"

"A date, an agreement to meet up in other words." she said and left the cup in the sink before walking out and making her way to Ichiraku Ramen, some food, Ramen in the morning, and she could start training and hopefully walk out of it without missing a choice of body parts. 

31