Il Chapter 48 – Questions never asked, thanks rarely given
646 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening her eyes, Gene looked at Kushina who sat in front of her and then moved to looking at the Sky, feeling a bit lost. It was Dusk, strange, it hadn't felt as if she had been walking for so long, a few hours, maybe. 

"You were in there pretty long, so discovered anything?" Kushina yawned, and in her arms was a sleeping Naruto. 

Huh, has someone passed by and brought him?

Gene opened her mouth and closed it again before remaining still a moment and then determining that she should ask. "Say Kushina, can there be more than one soul inside a body, or can physical and soul appearance be different?" 

Kushina blinked and leaned her head to the side. "In how far?" 

"I mean there is me, and the Kyuubi and another someone, someone I don't know, oh, and I look different." 

Kushina fell into silence, removing the chains, drawing them back inside her. "Technically yes. There is no limit on Souls capable of residing inside a body as long as the body is strong enough. As for the appearance of the soul looking differently. It is a world inside you, I never knew anyone who experienced that, but technically, I see no reason why it shouldn't." Kushina stopped a moment. "But I honestly don't believe you are strong enough for more than yourself and the Kyuubi, not Jet anyway, one day, possibly. But that is all speculation, there has never been any reason for a body to hold more than two souls and even that is only something that occurs to Jinchuuriki, and not just anyone is able to be a Jinchuuriki nor are there many of us, them around2." 

"I understand, thanks, Kushina."

"You are welcome, now get moving home, there are a few kids waiting for you and need some rest." Kushina told her and Gene nodded, she was excited to go home and rest, but the thought of the children made her feel exhausted again, more, so she almost felt tired again. 

No, I did this myself I will face them head on no matter the exhaustion, tomorrow I will ask Tsukiko, the Nanites and why we are here is not hurrying, we have been here for years after all. 

"Sure, see you tomorrow, Kushina." She waved at them. 

"See you, til tomorrow, and bring some food with you." 

Gene departed in a fluent movement and felt all the energy running through her body while being tired at the same time, but not physically but mentally tired, physically she was all pumped up almost restless. 
She reached her new home fairly fast and stood in front of the broad doors of the newly assigned home of the Yuki Clan. There was no guard there, she put her hand on the door, pressuring against it, and stepped inside. The sight that greeted her was almost so similar to the sight of the Uchiha Compound, she almost felt as if walking into it again. Instead, she went left to her Kitchen and opened it, almost awaiting to be all alone for dinner. 

As a surprise, she was instead greeted by a line of children waiting. They were silent, but they were there, all of them, sitting in front of large Ramen Cups. 

"We made it ourselves." Izayoi said and looked at her interpreting for the others that didn't speak, not yet anyway, or they weren't able to speak, she didn't know in most cases. "We asked, and they said you like Ramen." he said and Gene blinked, needing a moment and feeling touched by them. 
"Thank you.", she said and started ta the hot cup of Ramen, with a smile she sat down on the Chair at the head of the table. The cup was nice and hot. "Really.", she muttered. 

"No, thank you.", Izayoi said, and suddenly one of the children uttered a sound, raising the attention to herself. All of them looked at her, Gene recognized her, she was the same one that had said, the sky is blue. "Thank you for giving us a place to stay, all of us together." she smiled at Gene, who suddenly felt as if everything would be easier soon. 

"Sure.", she answered and digged into the noodles, they were a bit soggy, and it was overcooked, but it tasted as good as the first time when she ate it together with Shisui. 

The other kids started eating silently as well and Gene suddenly was certain that this choice was the right one, not the easiest way to take maybe but a good one. Seeing the life return into their eyes and some of them speaking among each other in their own peculiar ways, ways she hoped she would understand one day.

I have to make some time in between Jinchuuriki training and mission preparation to interact with them, if we truly ever wanted to become a Clan, it's not as if I have a lot of time with those two weeks, hopefully the Clans agree to someone decent to be our fourth member and I don't have to worry about that as well...not that Tsukiko would accept just anyone in her Team. 

 

 

27