III Chapter 26 – Rocking Waves
413 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene stood at the reel of the ship and enjoyed the soft rocking of the ship to her fullest, while Tsukiko was brooding once again over papers and writing down stuff in her notebook. 

"What are you writing?" she asked, and Tsukiko looked at her, shrugging her shoulders. 

"My own version of the Bingo Book, want to see?", she held up the small booklet and Gene took it from her, reading through Tsukikos scribbling. 

The notes were meticulous, there were only Names but no images to most information, here and there though peeked up a small drawing that looked equally scribblish. 

Kazekage Rasa 

Anuk Yuki-Bernaude - The Madness

Mizukage

That was the last entrance and no information was written there, which had Gene wondering. 

"Why nothing about the Mizukage?", she asked, and looked at the page in wonder. 

"Because I have not met him yet, told you this is my personal Bingo book, only people I know and have met go in there." Tsukiko took her booklet back and Genes eyes fell on another page, making her almost smile. "It is by no means an unbiased source of information." 

"You have Ichiraku Ramen next to the Daiymo?", she asked her, and Tsukiko shrugged her shoulders. 

"Equally Important." she said back and almost immediately lightened Gene's mood, who spend a bit of time laughing before the bad almost melancholic mood came back. 

Maybe it has something to do with how I came here, I mean Tsukiko was born into the body she lives now, Emeraude and Anuk probably too, but I was not...this is somewhat worrying....maybe I was but just cannot remember. 

Frowning Gene threw those thoughts in the back of her head, deciding it was not worth to worry about it, what was that was, she could spend hours thinking about the topic, but it would only bring one thing. Heavy thoughts and no further result in any matter or kind of way. Frowning, she continued watching the waves and feel the comfortable rocking of the ship. 

"You should have stayed in Konoha." someone behind her said, and she turned around, startled by his words. "You are an abnormality, cursed. You should have stayed in Konoha or at least lived a quiet life. Vanishing somewhere far, far away from us an..." He was lifted by his scruff and Shisui threw him unceremonially over board, mustering the Kiri-crewmember with a cold glance as he fell into the water and panic broke out on the ship. 
A safety ring was thrown into the waters, and he was brought back on board again as he mustered them with even more malice and hatred. "You should watch your words." Shisui said, and if a voice had an ability to cut someone up, he would have done so at that moment. Never before had Gene heard him this angry. It was not his usual cool-headed self or his I am angry at you and simply ignoring your mood. Instead, he was spreading bloodlust and a kind of hardness she had never seen on him. 

"Shisui?", she asked doubting her own eyes and the mood of his immediately returned into the normal him, the one she knew, with a smile on his face and a relaxed and friendly expression. 
"What is it?" he asked, and Gene had to giggle at his behavior. "Nothing Shisui, all it fine and well, it just don't murder the poor fool with a gaze alone. You should know, talk like that does not affect me the slightest bit." 

"Still no reason for me to tolerate him talking to you like that." he patted your head. "I wouldn't tolerate anyone doing that." 

"Alright, alright." she answered and smiled at him while Itachi was rolling his eyes, and she stuck out her tongue towards him which made him laugh and Tsukiko next to him frown and mutter something that very much sounded similar to. "Lovebirds, next time I will take Kakashi with me...but no, he is stuck in a damn mission." 

"Miss Yuki?" she heard a familiar voice behind her and turned around to see the delegate whose name she could not remember. 

"Mister delegate." 

"It is...well I guess not important although depressing that after all that time you cannot remember my name, may I ask you something?" he sounded like he had something important to say, so Gene straightened herself and nodded. "Sure." 

"In what relation do you, Lady Tsukiko, and the Suna Shinobi stand. You all seem to carry the same Dojutsu. I mean Lady Tsukikos is far less striking in comparison to yours Miss Yuki, but it is the same and the golden eyes of the one you call your cousin are too." He sounded genuinely curious, so Gene nodded. 

It is not as if he would understand, I may just as well tell the truth it sounds so damn unbelievable it may be better than any other version to tell. 

"I am Anuks sickly cousin for another life, the scientists there invented a tech called nanites but only a selected few people were compatible, one of them being, by Genetics alone, me and my cousin. As I said I was already a lost cause in terms of heath, so I volunteered to be the first person to ever have nanites implanted, it worked, later on my cousin got them, a lot of people died afterwards, turned out compatibility needed to be over 85 percent to survive the operation. I only found out a lot later that there were others around with the same tech. So not a Dojutsu simply advanced technology." 

"I see, so it is a secret...", The delegate smiled at her in his ears probably sounding totally nuts explanation. "Excuse my rudeness." 

"No worries.", she answered and waited before he was gone before muttering silently. "But it was the truth." 

 

So yeah ..... I actually forgot to upload yesterday.

Sneaks into a corner, slightly embarrassed to vanish

16