III Chapter 31 – Old womans words
414 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene smiled and found herself in a warm hug with the sobbing of the old lady in her hears. "I thought you had died, my little Fuyune." she muttered, and Gene hugged her back. 

"I am still alive granny." she muttered, "I am still alive and kicking, and I have found a home too." she muttered and got hugged even tighter and Gene giggled. 

"What happened to your pretty black hair, it is all white?"

"A lot, granny, but do you have some of your special cookies for me and my friend?" She turned around and Shisui bowed to the elderly, who went up to him and inspected him with a sharp gaze before huffing and patting his head. 

"At least you have great taste." she concluded, "Although he is a Shinobi....well....you are too, but it was unavoidable as you are Yuki... I just wished that you wouldn't" 

"I am, and granny, I am a pretty good one too." Gene said. "I have made my way, I am all grown up now, I even refounded the Yuki.... I just wanted to ask, granny, do you want to join in." 

Granny stopped and stared at her before tears run down her cheeks once again. "Truly, that means we might have decent Shinobi one day in Kiri." she muttered, but Gene only faintly smiled. 

"Not in Kiri granny, in Konoha." Gene said, and the elderly nodded. 

"I understand, I would love to go with you, but I do not know if my old bones can bear it." she looked at her hands. "The time ever since the Yuki were destroyed have been harsh for me, for all commoners, a lot changed with the new Kage....this man...he is not a human if you ask us he is the embodiment of a demon." 

Gene helped the trembling woman alongside Shisui to settle down before she continued. "The discrepancy between Shinobi and Commoners had always been big, but ever since the regulation that only those who kill their comrades in the final exams of the Academy, things have been getting worse. Those already few ones that treated us as equals slowly vanished. The Civilian Shinobi had a rapid decline, there are almost no left and ever since the treatment of commoners detoriated. It has gotten as far that high ranking Shinobi do not even have to pay for the services of a Commoner anymore...." she signed, closing her eyes. "...that goes especially true for those that have stood firmly with the community of the Yuki while they still were around. Many of us choose to leave....especially those that were close to the former head and his wife...it is almost as if they want to eradicate all traces of your clan but at the same time are afraid of something." 

"I am the only survivor of the main family...the rest is gone...there is nothing to be afraid of anymore." she said and Shisui nodded.

"She is right." he said. 

"Yes...but....little Fuyu...ever since the destruction they have been taking blue-eyed people from the streets, and seeing you now and knowing you have been alive all this time...they could have been searching for you." 

The woman grabbed her shoulders. "As happy as I am to see you here, it is dangerous, so take your friend...." she looked at him as if asking for his name. 

"Shisui, Shisui Uchiha." he introduced himself. 

"Uchiha-dono to leave as fast as you can, I don't know why they are after you, but they have nothing good in mind." 

"I can't granny." Gene shook her here. "I am here under official orders as part pf the security division belonging to the delegation of the land of Fire, I am Chuunin after all." she said, and two large eyes stared at her. "I cannot abandon my mission, may there come what there be, I will not run from it... I will face it... I have build my life to this point, I will live it as hard and as strong as I can, I will not yield, and I won't run from any opponent no matter how strong."  

"She is among the most promising Shinobi Konoha ever had, not only for her skill, but also due to her immense chakra reserves." Shisui said, "They have chosen the wrong target, if they want to get through to Gene they have to walk over my dead body." 

"Gene? As in that strange name, Fuyune sometimes called her Genevi...well, however."

"Genevieve." Gene said smiling. "I actually go by that now instead of Fuyune."

"Well.... I can understand you changing your name, but did it have to be that unpronounceable one?" she signed. "No one but you know how to pronounce words like that." 

"Genevieve." Shisui said. "Je ne parle pas francais." he then got out fairly well pronounced as well. "And there it ends, it is a different language." 

"Well you are getting there Shisui." Gene giggled. "One fluent phrase after several years of learning." 

"Languages are just not my thing and complicated ones even less, I am still frustrated that Kakashi can have an almost conversation with Tsukiko." he grumbled and Gene started laughing bowed forward and placed a peck on his cheek. 

"Love you too Bro." she said and heard a grumble from Shisui. 

The old woman watching the two of them patted Shisuis head as if wanting to say something, and then she growled. "But only once she becomes an adult." Gene was confused but Shisui seemed to have gotten the message, so she merely smiled, suddenly imagining herself next to Shisui as an Adult and felt a small tingle in her heart. 

Jep I would like that, Shisui all for .... my own. 

Since I have been kinda not keeping up there, and finally had a bit of time on my hand. Extra chap for today.

 

15