III Chapter 33 – Tsukiko – Dolls in the mist
373 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This man....his facial movements, his reactions, all he does. It doesn't fit, it is like an overly hard tried animation movie, an old one, where the laugh is just a millisecond off or the reaction just that tiny bit, I doubt anyone would notice it. Gene maybe, but she had been off the wrong foot ever since we entered the Village, most likely due to her memories coming back to her. 

Worst thing, the others to, the only normal one is that Shinobi apprentice that ran past us. He moved normal meaning it is not just a peculiarity of the Shinobi here.

Observing with her nanites on full service, she clicked her tongue silently. Itachi who walked next to her shot her a glance. "What?" he asked with a slight movement of hand. She shook her head and made a small nod at the Mizukage. Later. 

But it was enough for her friend to pick up something with the man was wrong, eerily wrong, totally utterly wrong here. 

It gave Tsukiko creeps and shivers, and little made her shiver. 

Wait ..... distorted movement, distorted expressions unreal smiles .... not acted .... a pupped, a pupped with strings attached moving as if controlled by a puppeteer. There is no reason why a jutsu like that couldn't exist, not only for controlling wooden dolls, but also people. 

But a Kage, no matter how young, under such a Jutsu......

Tsukiko looked around and tried to spot discoloring, prodding her little chakra into the immediate surroundings to feel something, but no avail, there was nothing. 

Whoever it is...if my guess is right, they are good, better than any Shinobi I have ever seen before.

"Hey, something is strange." next to her Itachi muttered, she she him a glance, "Well except these Shinobi being a tad creepy, haven't you noticed, there is no one with blue eyes around, we have passed by at least a hundred or more people by now all shades of eye colors but no blue, generally hardly anyone wears blue, look, Kiri is well known for their blue fabrics but no one wears any." he muttered. "It is as...."

"If someone had something against blue." she agreed and looked around, her eyes picking up information at lighting speed at the given parameters that were searching for blue, and he was right, not a smidgen of the color anywhere. 

"We need Gene." she muttered. "Colors are her thing, and I am sure that if she was not that distracted she would find it strange as well. I am getting more and more keen on that report on the general situation I will be getting from her and Shisui. For now, Itachi, we never move alone, Gene and Shisui stick together and we two." she muttered. "This entire situation is not .... right, I don't know how other to call it." 

"I agree with you Tsukiko, something is .... off here, in this village, among those people." Itachi noted, and the two followed the others as they fulfilled their guard positions, and it seemed they were not the only ones who noticed the ongoing. The Samurai were on the edge, more than during their visit in Suna which after a slightly rocky start had gone pretty well. But this one, Tsukiko highly doubted that this visit would end up well. 

Opening her personal Bingo book, she noted down next to the words Mizukage.

Puppeteer. 

Flipped the book closed, now she had three individuals to pin down that she couldn't name, and it was grating on her. Orange Mask, Black n' white and now Puppeteer. 

Gene's small sketch of orange mask and black n' withey pinned right next to the names, at least she had that but nothing on Puppeteer, so far. 

Her Kimono was hit by a gust of cold wind as they entered the largest of roundish building that were so common in Kirigakure when the Mizukage stopped and signed. "Where have you gotten that Dojutsu of yours, captain Hatake, I would appreciate if you'd stop using it." 

Tsukiko smiled at his annoyed and blank expression, but she was genuinely surprised he noticed after all black did not glow, unlike the Anuks golden, Emeraudes green or Genes blue. 

"I saw it before that Dojutsu, although it was different in color." he said, "that Yuki of yours, when she was little, she had the same ability sometimes. It helped her notice things even if she needed quite a bit until she connected the information she had been given by her Dojutsu. A waste not, it seems you are a lot better at using it and more subtle, please refrain from doing so, it is rude." 

Tsukiko did as he requested, she quieted her Nanites down until her eyes returned to normal blank spheres of black, and she was being normal. 

"Better, I do not like being scouted by a Dojutsu like that." he said, and she smiled. 

Well, well, this is going to be interesting the least..... Genevieve, your report better be as interesting as this meeting and have a lot of intriguing information on the general state of Kiri.

With the mist shrouded mountains in the background, the delegation settled in. Not one Kiri Shinobi lost a word about Genevieve and Shisui who had gone their own ways until the Mizukage left by saying. "I hope the rest  of your team will be fine once they return from that scouting trip of theirs. 

13