III Chapter 44 – The importance of the people
333 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene felt like watching a madhouse in the making. She hadn't been sure if she should have been that direct, but there truly had been no better way that came to her mind but that one. Diplomatically speaking, she should probably have said it different. 

Now they were debating and apparently forgetting her existence as she watched. Mei Terumi who said she would do the Job was the only one who had done more than asking questions but actually made a decision. The others were still confused. Ao then smashed his hand on the table, half expecting it to break down like in Konoha it merely shook and everyone fell silent. 

"We are behaving like children in front of a Konoha Shinobi." He thundered, and the others fell quiet until one let out a snort. 

"A child, I am sure she doesn't even understand half of it." One said and Ao signed. "A Child that discovered our Kage being controlled for years in a few days and, I hate to admit it, with enough firepower to lay the village to waste right about now." He noted, and everyone fell quiet. Gene merely smiled at their words and continued nibbling at her cookie, trying to look harmless.

The discussion went on and on, no one wanting to be concrete, everyone twisting their words into complicated things, at some point they completely lost Gene, and she had difficulty staying on topic. Until finally the decision was made, Mei Terumi, who had not spoken the entire time, would be made an interim Kage, and then they would make a decision in calmness and peace without rushing it. 
The new interim Kage had a grin on her smile the entire time and as everyone left the room she followed the two of them. 

"Tell me Yuki Girl, who was your teacher?" she asked and Gene looked up to her blinking. "You pulled it wonderfully, intimidating them the gentleman in the room by nibbling on a cookie and playing innocent while watching them self-destruct after your very straightforward statement. How were you able to drag Ao-dono into it?" 

Gene giggled, she liked this woman. 

"We kind of kidnapped him after we found out where to look for." Gene answered.

"And how did you find that out?" She asked and Gene raised an eyebrow. 

"You truly want to know how?"

"Color me curious, and you have nothing to lose by telling me." Mei said and after a bit of thinking Gene had to agree, their Plan had not been complicated, and she truly had nothing to lose by humoring the interim Mizukage.  

"We had our Captain kidnapped intentionally, and then we tracked her down till we found the kidnapper." She explained. 

"That is simple, but answer me why your Captain, if I am not wrong, you would have made easier goals than a Team captain?" Mei asked and Gene started laughing. 

"Our captain is the youngest, and she looks rather harmless." Gene answered sincerity and Mei slowed down.

"The Youngest, just how old is your captain exactly, I know she is young, but I would not have guessed her the youngest?" 

"Twelve, almost thirteen."  Gene answered, and she stopped in her tracks. 

"Twelve? You are what thirteen I was expecting her to be thirteen fourteen as well from the looks, but twelve is...young, very young, and she is a Jonin." Now Mei started laughing as well, "I believed Shisui Uchiha was your Captain, and I thought people were kidding me when they said that clad in a black kimono girl was the Captain, but she seriously is?"

"Mhh, she is." Gene answered. "Among other things." 

"I fear what Konoha will become." Mei said and Itachi stopped Gene who wanted to walk on. "You have some of the biggest Geniuses of this Century, truly. Yuki-san, are you sure you do not want to return to Kiri, we would welcome you with open arms."

"The decline of Kiri is by the bloody mists own making, if you had not destroyed the Yuki, not weakened the Clans so much and most important suppressed your civilians like you do things would have been different. My place is in Konoha, I carved a home of my own there, I am rebuilding my Clan there and forging my fate, my own path." Gene hold her own a second before remembering Granny. "If you want my advice Terumi-san, don't ever forget it is commoners who feed you, who make your clothes and keep the villages alive, without them, we are nothing." 

"A King without people is nothing." Itachi said. "Most of us Shinobi like to forget that. We wage wars, we kill, and we slaughter, and we forget our duty is not to kill but to protect." 

Then he took Gene's hand and dragged her with her, leaving Mei Terumi standing and looking at them with a look that she couldn't interpret. It was a bit strange seeing the woman standing there all alone, it had seemed so the entire time in the hall too, a loner standing on the edge belonging to nowhere. 

11