III Chapter 50 – Proxy
306 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short visit at the Hokage office, where Minato lengthily explained just how happy, dripping with sarcasm, he was with her mission report it came like Izayoi prophesied.
Indeed, the Konoha Clan council was sitting on their wooden Table, someone had learned not it was a steel enforced one, with plenty of dents already at various places, the truly deepest where she suspected Kushina was normally sitting. Currently, though, she was apparently on a maternity leave with a few other women, something about a baby meeting and a picknick.

The Hyuga Patriarch was sitting on his place his documents piled and his white pupilless eyes staring with undisguised malice at her, refusing to back down, Gene decided to go a bit down the creepy road and had her Nanites activate just that touch enough to make her eyes knowingly faintly glow. The tension was close to touchable in the air and since the two of them were having a staring contest everyone else remained silent, well everyone but Mikoto-dono. "Hyuga-dono, have you blown off enough Testosterone?" she asked with open sarcasm, which made Tsukiko, who had been suspiciously quiet, chuckle. Unlike usual, she was attending as Kakashis Proxy, since apparently someone underage could attend as Proxy underage but not be a clan head, or it was just Tsukiko being Tsukiko and everyone keeping their objections to themselves due to her position as Hokage assistant advisor.

"I would ask of you to keep such crude words to yourself, Uchiha-dono." he retorted sharply and earned a shrug from Mikotos shoulders." As everyone knows now that Yuki-san is present, we can finally discuss the issue. Miss Yuki needs a proxy to act in her place as a Clan Head, since she is still underage and like Uzumaki-san a potentially unstable person as a Jinchuuriki."

"Unstable....?" Tsukiko asked him and let out a snort. "Kushina is more than stable, just a bit hot-tempered, and to my knowledge the last heads of the Uzumaki were all Jinchuurikis. Being a Jinchuuriki is hardly an argument for being incapable as a Clan Head."

"But Miss Yuki is not a Uzumaki." He argued. "Her suitability as a Host for the Yin half of the Kyuubi is more than discussable." 

"Yuki-dono." Gene said. "For you Hyuga-dono, I am a Clan head for all that matters, as for my qualifications as a Jinchuuriki, I have Kushina as my Teacher, there can hardly be anyone more qualified to teach me no? That aside, is it really a good idea to call the Hokages wife unstable?"

That shut him up.

"Alright, I understand everyone's opinions on me being a tad too young, and not Tsukiko, so I have someone I wish to choose as my Proxy." Gene announced, and everyone looked at her.

"And who is that supposed to be, not many are in suitably high positions and strong enough to keep you Miss Yuki in case of emergency from making this Village into a frozen wasteland." Hizashi Hyuga crossed his arms, "It needs to be someone on par with a Clan head in terms of strength, not a Clan head themselves and there is hardly anyone in what you call your Clan that can fulfill such requirements, to be exact the only person in the village is my brother."

Gene raised her hand and banged pointed up the first finger, pointing at Hizashi Hyuga. "Firstly, it is Yuki-dono. Secondly, I have never met your brother and I honestly have no intention to accept any unknown as my Proxy, speaking for me in this round. Thirdly, I do have someone in my Clan fulfilling all those conditions, or rather soon to be Yuki, but let us not be stingy will we."

"You cannot be thinking!" Hizashis fist banged on the table that tremored but remained intact. "Do you truly think that Uchiha-dono will accept you taking one of her best Shinobi from the Uchiha!"

"Oh, I am quite certain she will, and be it just for the sake of her sons." Gene replied calmly, crossing her arms. "Actually, I am rather sure that Mikoto-dono will have no issue with me taking Shisui Uchiha as my Vice Head, but welcome it."

Mikoto-san was starting to laugh in her chair and with a glint in her eyes she eyed Gene. "Are you sure of that, Shisui is a Jonin with quite a reputation, bringing a lot of money into the Clan."

"I am not doubting so.", Gene smiled back. "But I also know that you have two sons, one of them being a baby and the other underage like me, and no one to... openly support you. A lot of older members in the Clan want Shisui to take over the Clan, maybe one many, for you to be comfortable with it. No matter how much he declines. I am aware enough of the Uchiha clan affairs to know it is no good."

"I cannot deny that, and he does fit the bill, but Gene, remember it is up to him in the end, if he accepts or not." she said and Gene nodded.

"I know Mikoto-san, and I will find another solution if he disagrees, but he does fulfill all conditions." she looked at a fuming Hyuga. "A strong Shinobi, not a clan head himself and unlike someone else I do trust him."

"If anyone had told me back then that the ragged young stick like slip of a girl Shisui brought home would end up a Clan head herself, I would have called them crazy." Mikoto leaned back. "If Shisui agrees, I will not object."

"If someone had told you about Tsukiko, you would have sent them to a Sanatorium, I am sure. "Gene answered, directing the attention at the still suspiciously silent Hatake proxy in her customary Kimono, who had a mischievous smile on her lips. 

12