IV Chapter 32 – Tsukiko – Who we are
207 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsukiko felt her blood chill as she stood in front of the Traitor among the forgotten and saw how unforgiving Emeraude was. She had to admit her favorite Psycho had always been unstable, but she never had a reason to learn control. She used Anuk and herself for that. Now that Emeraude had learned control and learned how to channel her own rage she was fearsome, dangerous, deadly. 

Deadly beyond everything she had ever known. 

The poor soul was almost pitiful, but Tsukiko knew. He did not deserve the Pity. He did not deserve anything but contempt and the rage that was benefitting for Traitors. 

Traitors such as this one. 

There was only coldness inside her, and she knew it was right, well maybe not right, but maybe right for her, just for her. 

"Why did you betray us?" Emeraude asked in a voice so cold it was almost bewitching. 

"Why you ask." The other party said. "Why, it is because you have forgotten what the forgotten are to be!" they said, and Emeraude merely continued to silently observe and look down at her opposite. "We were supposed to be forgotten, as the name implied. We were never to involve ourselves into the world outside again, remain here, remain in this place and no war shall befall you and no harm shall come your way and yet. We have involved ourselves in the uprising of the Kyuubi, and we have involved ourselves into the makings of Konoha. For what for that little imp over there that means nothing to us!" 

Tsukiko stayed silent, an observer. These were Emeraudes people, not hers, she had no sway or word here but those given and grated by her former protégée. 

"I understand." Emeraude said and closed her eyes. "But you should not have betrayed us, and this imp over there is not anyone. Do you remember when I said as my predecessor said that there is more than one world, the one we reside in out there?" 

The other party stilled. 

"Have you never asked how we came to know what we know, our ideas, inventions, the language we speak, have you never asked where it came from. I am sure you did, and like everyone else you thought it was from a small unimportant but technologically advanced country barely anyone knows."

"What else would it be." The traitor spit out and glared an Emeraude. "What else, would have made the great Kage agree to have a stranger as the new head of the forgotten." 

"Idiot!" Emeraude shouted on the top of her lungs. "There is more out there, and that Imp was once my teacher. I might not like her, but she is the reason I stand here today, she is the original reason the forgotten exist at all. We come from a place far beyond your imagination, and we act upon our wishes with a keen eye on how to keep the forgotten out of everything. But we cannot be part of nothing." 

Now Tsukiko felt herself tense. This did not sound like Emeraude, just what had happened to him. 

"If we isolate ourselves we will be a relic, we will be nothing, and we cannot afford to be nothing." His words were spoken with a note and strength. "We have to interact, we have to mingle, we have to be existed out there. I merely choose to trust someone with our existence whom I knew to be honorable. Her concept of Honor may be fluent, but it is unbreakable." 

The man stilled and Emeraude closed his eyes. 

"Chop off his head, feed him to the fishes and make sure that this message is received. A different opinion is of no matter, they can come to me or to Aoki, and we can speak about such infernal things as opinions. But betrayal cannot, never, under no circumstances be tolerated." 

Emeraude turned around and nodded at Tsukiko who followed him out. There was no need to watch a man's head get chopped off if the person did not deserve the honor of being acknowledged. 

"Emeraude, he is not alone in his thinking." Tsukiko told her friend who shrug her shoulders. 

"I know." He muttered. "Nothing I can do about it, it is part of our core, but they will understand, and I will make them understand that we cannot stay stuck in time, not in the long run. It will kill us." 

"You have grown wiser." 

"And you younger." 

"I will be heading back to Konoha Emeraude." 

"Do so, please do so, Commander." 

"So, you think they have missed me?"

"Does anyone ever miss a thorn in their sides, an annoyance in the back of their head, an approaching pain?"

 

 

7