Vol. 2 – Chapter 34 – Ancient Heirloom Rediscovery
737 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 - Chapter 34 - Ancient Heirloom Rediscovery


<For someone who didn't have any prior guidance, or even being rundown by me on how to use the Red Energy, he managed to understand the manipulation principle. Interesting. It took my sons months to understand how to move Red Energy.>

<I will not get bored at all from what I eavesdropped on this lad, he reminds me of my youngest son, even that punch on that ant was worth all my money>

.

Mathias whose hands were releasing the Red Energy, it almost made the kobolds question if what the crimson-haired human was doing could help their friend, but with each second passing, the Red Energy started diminishing from his hands, with them covering the kobold.

The signs of calming were visible which made the kobolds look at Mathias as if he was a saint, even Paula with Vivian who approached to see what was happening could see Vek whose appearance morphed turning bigger. Along the way they could see the kobold cry from pain.

"What is happening to the little creature?" asked Paula, not knowing what was happening standing beside Vek, readying herself to heal him.

Vivian remained at the back, not saying anything, while Mathias was silent focusing on guiding his Red Energy inside Vek's body.

Only after he used all his Red Energy on Vek, did he turn his attention on Paula, telling her in a calm manner.

"That little guy awakened his bloodline powers."

{Indeed, if I am not wrong they are called Dragonwrought, that kobold I fought also was one persistent Dragonwrought that almost made me cut his wings off. He dared showing off to me, about his ability of flight.}

{Right, I am curious about something. Little snob, check if that little puppy has started sprouting his wings.}

Hearing Haycien's voice in his brain as if he was some schizophrenic person, he looked down at the ring with a complex expression noticed by Vivian and Paula. Later the girls saw Mathias turn Vek on his side, where from his back two small wings exited breaking off the 'Gragger Boar Armor', instantly sending the kobolds noticing the wings into a frenzy.

"The Mythical Dragonwrought! Brother Vek awakened the ancestor's powers!"

{Bahaha, those little puppys reactions is priceless. 'Mythical Dragonsbutt' that isn't even comparable to Hel or Bun, the first Half-Draconians to plague my kingdom.}

'Old man, stop talking in my brain! I feel like I have mental problems already.'

{Sure, sure, I am still  not used to being with someone after such a long time.}

.

Soon, Vek gained clarity, opening his eyes all of a sudden and looking vigilantly around himself, only to see Mathias gaze at him along with the rest of the party.

"What happened to me? Argh, why does my body hurt so much? Lord Mathias, what happened to that monstrosity? Rebe? Hass?"

"We are here, Vek. The human lady has healed us."

"I am glad." responded Vek turning his head toward Paula, and trying to get on his feet when he reacted to a stinging pain coming from his back, where he could feel something that he could move, like a new limb.

"You have awakened your draconian bloodline, little Vek. From what I understood, you have become a Dragonwrought Kobold."

"A what? No way, someone like me become such a great being to the kobolds."

Nevertheless, Mathias could see that except for the level Vek gained from the defeat of Iljnoks, his health was the only thing he could see changed, becoming larger, even his name changed to just [Vek]. It was a good sign and was happy for the little one's success, who gave him the chance to discover the lake, where a memorable event happened in his life with good and bad sides, just like in a coin flip.

Settling down, Mathias's left Vek with his brethren, before turning toward Vivian and Paula and opening the trade exchange interface between himself and the huntress.

"I got something for you since I have no use for it, I'd rather give it to you. I don't have an archer in my guild, so I don't take priority in it."

Vivian saw the system notification asking her if she wanted to accept the trade exchange interface between the two, and hearing his comment, she accepted, only to wake herself with the bow Mathias gained from Iljnoks.

.

.

**************************

[Iljnoks Spine Bow]

Rating: Epic

Durability: 490/490

Attack Power: 278~380  Firing Speed: +20%

* When an arrow hits the target three times in a row, 150% additional damage will be done.

* Every time you shoot an arrow, the firing speed will increase by 1%. This effect will only be applied up to 35%.

* The skill 'Demise of the Dead'' will be generated.

A bow created from the spine of the "Undead Monstrosity Iljnoks" and it still holds inside its marrow, the evil, malicious energy that empowers the bow.

This bow will be the worst enemy of any alive creature. Requires special sturdy arrows to be used otherwise simple arrows will not withstand the evil malicious influences of the bow and will suffer mutations while firing.

User Restriction: Holder of Title: <Menace Hunter>

****************************

.

.

When Vivian looked at the specs of the bow and checked her own bow which was a rare one, it left her aghast, without words. Nonetheless, it was Mathias who woke her from the bewildered self, with a calm, yet serious question.

"You earned that title required for the bow? Right?"

"Hm? Yes, yes, sorry I was a bit taken aback. What did you ask me?"

"About the title required."

Checking her notifications and title section, she saw the "Menace Hunter" which on itself was a boost to her powers beside this bow, and telling Mathias about this, she stopped him right before accepting on her end the transaction.

"Do you need anything for this bow? I can't just simply take it for granted. I am not a beggar or a cheap woman who uses her appearance to take advantage of guys."

"I don't need anything, this is also what you deserve for the heavy participation in the fight, unlike some fools who take this as simply a game."

"Sorry about those two, I don't know them personally. I was approached by them in the forums, and so we teamed up, same for Paula. However, I live in the same State with Paula so we meet after teaming up."

"I see, good for you two." replied Mathias with a small smile on his face, which made Vivian feel a bit weird gazing so close to this crimson-haired man, whose eyes were like precious rubies.

{Son no one can resist the Saharan genes. I tell you, this is how I conquered my wife.}

'Tsk, old man, want to know something? I don't care. Now buzz off and leave me in peace for some moments. Go sleep or something, just don't butt in.' thought Mathias when hearing Haycien's comment, which made it feel as if he was making fun of his new appearance.

{Son, no need to be mad at me, just take me as a Sagely Grandfather, who wants to guide his lost grandson in courting a girl. Just look at this little doll, with that healthy waist and bosom, she is perfect for mating. The success of the child being born healthy is 100%}

Mathias, who heard the old man's comments while looking at Vivian, couldn't stop his eyes from rolling, which made it seem he had some problem with the girl in front of him.

"I have some eye problems. Anyway, are you going to take this bow or not?"

"Are you asking? Obviously, let me get this little monster, he will be in good hands. This monster made me die so many times, it was about time he makes up for the damage caused and all the arrows lost."

[Transaction has been completed]

.

Done with the aftermath of the raid, the party made their way toward the Kobold settlement where on the way toward the base, it was complete silence, making the kobolds worried, while Mathias was listening to Haycien's clamorous comments who began telling Mathias's the story about how he fought against the Ancestor who settled inside Gravelmark.

Yet, when they entered inside the entrance of the kobold settlement there wasn't even the guards, however the whispering began evidently, and after stepping inside the Common Room, a sea of kobolds waited there with Elder Morkl.

The gathering of kobolds, which made Mathias believe it was about the entire tribe of kobolds, instantly reacted when Vek and the rest entered their sight.

"WHOAAAA! THE CHAMPION HAS RETURNED BACK HOME! THE PROUD KOBOLDS ARE BACK! WELCOME HOME!"

"CHEERS TO THE GOOD HUMANS WHO HELPED US!"

Facing themselves with such cheers made the two girls feel awkward, while the kobolds dashed toward their brethren who took them in their arms, launching them in the air, only Vek remained side by side with Mathias who was walking toward the old kobolds in a calm, collected manner.

"Young human, I've seen your fight, using my magic. You've left me aghast with your valour and courage of facing that monstrosity that could rival the demons in hell. You've also kept to my selfish request of protecting my children, I can't express how grateful I am right now."

"Elder, no need, raise up." said Mathias's who went to hold the old kobold who wanted to bow to him, while Vek also stepped forward in greeting his elder.

"My child, at long last you have succeeded in awakening your latent draconic bloodline and even successfully attained the strongest evolution to us kobolds, the Dragonwrought. At last, the memoir left by the ancestor for the future Dragonwrought, entrusted to the All-Watchers can be revealed. Follow me, humans, little Vek."

.

.

Soon, with the departure of the small group, they arrived at the Elder's house, entering inside another section of the house that was more like a praying room, where the stone statue of a small creature with wings on his back was revealed.

"Before I start opening the memoir of the ancestor, I promised something to the young human, let me show you what was kept protected for generations of my people."

.

[You have cleared the quest <Defeat the Undead Beast Iljnoks> gaining the following rewards:]

[You have leveled up]

[You have leveled up]

[Affinity with Gravelmark Kobold Tribe increased by 40]

[The Event "Ancient Heirloom Rediscovery" will be triggered.]

.

In the moments, Mathias's and the girls were receiving their quest rewards, with Mathias's being the only one to enjoy the full rewards, and the girls only getting the EXP reward, the old kobold was turning toward the back of the room starting to search for something, which took him quite a while, but he nonetheless fished out something enveloped in spider silk fabric that was quite slim, making Mathias's ponder what could it be.

"To be honest with you, young Mathias, I also don't know what this Heirloom passed from All-Watcher to All-Watcher truly is, so I am also looking forward what it could be. I just heard from my predecessor that its meaning is enormous for us kobolds."

The old kobold began taking the silk bandages from the thing he was helding in his arms, slowly revealing the portrait of a certain someone.

"A painting?" asked the girls when they saw the back of the heirloom.

On another hand, Elder Morlk's eyes turned big, shifting his attention to the painting and later to Mathias's, and back and forth with his hands trembling, from fear or emotions, it was unknown.

.

.

"How can this be?"

The old kobold was still going back and forth until Mathias went closer to him to stare at what he was looking at, and he was left surprised, because it was a portrait of someone with crimson hair just like his own, only the difference was that it was short-styled. With ruby eyes that could penetrate into matter itself, and an overall appearance that was reminiscent of Mathias's who was in front of him.

"That is not me. Look at the moles, nose and how his lips are. Calm down, I am not some ghost who came to haunt you, instead, I am willing to bet everything I know that I know the person in the picture."

'That's you right, old ghost, Haycien von Saharan?'

It took some time for Haycien who was gazing at the portrait using what Mathias's saw, but it made the old man sigh, and respond slightly melancholic, reminiscing about past events, and with a calm, warm voice, Mathias heard him tell.

{That little kobold did something unnecessary. I've told him to not put to heart the fact I didn't go heavy on him and allowed him to stay in Gravelmark, the safest location in my Kingdom at the time I founded Titan. By that time, the world was full of chaos and conflict, the Hegemon Wars beginning, with different races murdering against one another.

{The Elven Empire with their Godly Gifts controlled most of the Western Continent, while I carved my way to Titan and began reconstructing the region I've managed to rest from the different races with all the different human tribes I managed to pick up from dirt.}

{Hah, those poor kobolds even now I can see their despair and fear, as they watched their leader fight against me. From what I understand they escaped from the Claws of Hel's tribes. Those warmongering puppets created by the Dragon of Destruction Brunhellier.}

'So in short, that ancestor of the kobolds wasn't trying to take revenge, instead took your gesture as an act of kindness, and so to immortalize this change for his people he painted your appearance?'

{You got the main picture, but damn, that little kobold drawing skills is so bad. Is my nose so crooked? Also, why is my hair so messy as if I came from the stomach of some beast I slew?}

'Who knows, maybe you did just that? Still, thank you, sir, for telling me these details.'

.

Settling his thoughts after the conversation with Haycien in his mind, he still didn't have an idea how the old man looked, but the portrait painted an image in his mind. Following that, he told the old kobold about this story without going into unnecessary details, which pleased Haycien from the sidelines, and soon enough the old kobold calmed himself and went to grab the memoir as if remembering something crucial.

"What you told me right now young human, makes so more sense with the memoir left by the Ancestor. About how my tribe used to be the slaves of the half-draconian, a warmongering people who were created by an evil dragon just to brew chaos.

Now, everything makes sense. But this doesn't explain your indistinguishable appearance to the portrait of this great person who helped my ancestor in a time of need."

"It is really important?" asked Mathias, scratching his hair, feeling that something unnecessary will hit him in the face.

"Indeed."

"..." Mathias was quiet, while the old kobold too remained silent waiting for his answer, it looked as both froze, clinching out, and it needed an outsider to fill the answer.

At that moment, both Paula and Vivian were talking privately, managing to gaze at the portrait that felt as if it was Mathias on that painting, and by asking one another, they started filling the empty spots.

@Vivian: Why doesn't he want to continue on with his quest? It is clear that the old kobold is asking him something related to his crimson hair. I've seen the videos he was in spotlight, the time he defeated the gang members from Titan, and also when he defeated Reis. His hair was of a raven color.

@Paula: Don't tell me you are one of those fans? Also, is Mathias's really the Black Spearman from that famous video?

@Vivian: I am not his fan! Anyway, let me try and ponder what the old kobold wants from Mathias so we can go on with this Event. Otherwise, we will be stranded here for a long time, with those fools remaining silent, gazing at one another.

@Paula: But how? Do we even know what he wants from Mathias?

@Vivian: I have a link, but it is worth a try, we just have to spin some words, like a puzzle and the event will be cleared, or in the best case make Mathias talk, giving him an impulse. A kick in his ass, so to speak.

@Paula: Vivi, you really are bad, but is worth trying.

.

Vivian cleared her throat after being mocked by her friend, Paula, however unknown to her, she attracted the attention of the Elder and Mathias who simultaneously turned their heads at her.

"Is something on your mind, young lady? Could you help your friend out? Maybe he is too shy or ashamed to tell me the truth." mentioned Elder Morlk, to Vivian who felt even more awkward in those moments.

She gazed at the old kobold whose face was genuinely curious, while later at Mathias's who seemed to be of someone who eat some spoiled food, nevertheless, she told her thoughts out.

33