Vol. 2 – Chapter 38 – Leviathan vs Blackdawn
719 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 - Chapter 38 - Leviathan vs Blackdawn


With the countdown over, the 9 players spurred into action, attracting the attention of the citizens of the Duchy along with the players who stopped in place immediately gathering around when seeing that a Guild War was commenced.

"Guys, who are the ones fighting?" asked a low-level player the group of players who gathered for the spectacle.

"The Leviathans are fighting against Blackdawn's again. Red will butcher those idiots again." commented a girl in the crowd, seeming to know about Red and the other players from Leviathan Guild.

"So that is Red. The high ranker, who has been in the top 3 since the game started. He should be the guild leader, right?" inquired the same low-level player, curious to find more about Red and the others.

"No idea, but he should be since his level is the highest. I can't imagine who could beat the top 3. Kraugel and the new top 2 Vivian don't have any guild disclosed under their name, so they shouldn't be the leaders."

"If I am to bet on who the guild leader is. It should be another Beta Phase Player like Cain or Lucas." remarked another player watching on the starting fight.

.

The players fighting in the Guild War had no clue what the players were talking about and instead focused on the fight at hand, with Lane taking over the role of Vanguard charging at Blackdawn's people without a worry in the world, making Fuseblade smirk and order his players to act fast and eliminate Lane.

"[Earthblade Release]"

Lane released a crowd control skill waving a sword slash that sent out a blast of dirt in the faces of the enemy, making them stop for 2 seconds, enraging them more than their initial defeat was.

"Hmph, I got you, bastard. There's no way for you to escape this."

Lane switched to a guard stance, seeming to expect the attacks of the Blackdawn's players, but what followed suit was a strong gust of wind being blown close by with the appearance of another person who slashed his longsword in a diamond pattern cut.

"[Lone Rider's Flash]"

Fuseblade, who was about to deliver his sword skill on Lane, suddenly stopped because of the paralyzing effect Red skill had. Even his guild members were paralyzed by this AoE attack, where they could see Red gaze at them with his cold black eyes.

"This skill I gained after I cleared the boss of the hunting ground you've been hoarding. It is an Epic sword skill called Lone Rider's Flash with a 3-second paralysis. Ahh, two seconds have already passed."

"I got you covered."

"[Spiral Flame]"

The sound of a gun being sent alive, shouting with thunderous roars, with the smell of gunpowder in the air, and with the temperature rising, followed by the cry of pain from one player next to Fuseblade.

Lane also jumped in action and took advantage of the brief seconds of paralysis, striking with a sword skill that moved with a large swing downwards, called [Juggernaut], taking away 35% of the HP of the player he targeted.

Red started fighting using basic attacks, putting pressure on the players while Evans started looking for the perfect shots using his revolver while Lane fought side by side.

The fight in about 5 minutes that they were fighting made the plaza quite busy with players and the inhabitants of the city there was even a middle-aged man watching from a close distance drinking from a jug some alcohol. His body was reeking of alcohol, but the manner he was staring at the players' fight was of some interest.

"Your Grace, should I stop this fight before the commotion gets bigger?" asked someone who came closer to the middle-aged man, drinking from his jug.

"*Hich* Let them be. They paid the guard the fee that would allow them to fight. Things seem controlled enough that they didn't damage anything in the square." responded the middle-aged man, watching the spectacle.

Red, after those 5 minutes, suffered from some hits even though his agility was the peak of all players, failing to dodge or parry the instant skills thrown by the players in his direction.

From the 3vs6, the fight became a fair one with the Blackdawn's contracting in number, making Fuseblade even more flustered for not killing Lane, who seemed the weakest of the bunch.

As for Lane, he was relatively low HP, being at 35%, while Evan's faired better than Red or Lane standing behind them and using his firepower to strike the enemy down, him being the one killing the three members of Blackdawn.

Red started pushing on to end the fight since his buffs were soon to wane off, which was an outcome he didn't want, and instead of focusing on Fuseblade, he and Evan began concentrating their attacks on the other weaker guys beside Fuseblade.

Seeing their plan, Fuseblade give the order to his remaining guild members to focus their attacks on Lane, at least having a chance of pulling a win in a 2vs2.

"Guys, they are about to send me to hell."

"Use your defensive cooldowns already." told Evans, who got in melee range, standing close by preparing his 6 round of shots.

"Fuck, but afterwards, I can't use my attacking skills." retorted Lane, who started entering a heavy stance, raising his sword in a middle guard.

"Idiot, you will get yourself killed otherwise. Stop looking for kill-steals in Guild Wars."

"Fine! IRON GATE!"

Around Lane, with the use of his sword, a barrier was formed, which started protecting him from the Blackdawn's attacks, each hit dealing 3-4% damage, making the latter shout at Red and Evan for hurrying and end the others.

Red just smirked at the panicked comments of his teammate, and using his high agility, he arrived at the back of a Blackdawn player where he unleashed a sword combo skill, slashing all over his body.

'[Antumm Winds]'

Next, he dashed away, evading the counterattack, and with the space he gained between himself and his target, he raised his slim longsword in the air before placing his sword close to his body and later shifted the sword stance in seconds, now focusing on the target.

'[Phantom Executioner]'

The moment he activated his skill, he charged at the Blackdawn user in an instant piercing his heart, leaving him to disintegrate into grey light fragments.

"Red! Hurry, I can't get this bastard off me!"

However, it wasn't Red who got Lane's back, that being Evan who reloaded his firearm, starting to shoot at fast succession at Fuseblade and his guild member, stopping them from ending Lane, who was at 6% HP, and as he used his skill to fire off those 6 bullets, Red also jumped in action, killing off the weaker member of Blackdawns, leaving out only Fuseblade.

"Isn't this a Deja-Vu?" commented Red, who looked at Fuseblade where along with this entire fight, his HP gauge reached the range of 35%-40% HP

"You won because you have the advantage of levels, and the class you have seems strong early game. I will return when everything has been settled down for my revenge."

"Come on, man, there's no need to be so petty. In the end, this is a game. Why would you want that revenge so much? I am available for PvP challenges 1vs1 if you feel like testing yourself and want to test yourself. Nevertheless, since the last time we fought, you improved a little bit."

Fuseblade gave Red a weird glance, having a hard time comprehending the double meaning of Red words, if there were any. Then when he heard Red continue talking as he walked toward him, it felt as if his initial thought was correct.

"Hah, but those challenges will require you some money in advance. I am not giving free lessons to so many people who might even have recorded me."

"You cheap guy, you just want to extort me but don't know how to ask." said Fuseblade, who gripped his sword and later charging at Red, not caring about Evan or Lane.

"Haha, maybe." laughed Red, who also charged toward Fuseblade, clashing his longsword with his two-handed sword.

"Here, a piece of advice, if you have chosen to go for the two-handed sword as a Swordsman or Warrior, start training on how to use heavy attacks. That's the advantage of that sword." said Red while in close range to Fuseblade before separating.

"I know what I am doing."

"You can take my words either way you like. I just pointed out a mistake I've seen. Your sword skills fit the katana type better for drawing attacks. The weapon doesn't always make the user instead, it can even limit you. You could pick a katana type sword and check it out for a difference, but this is after the PvP is over."

Fuseblade took a health potion barely in time before he had to dodge Red's fast sword attack, which made him ponder on what was said.

'Maybe he is right. The type of sword also is important for the skills I have. I hate to admit it, but his skill and sword type fits rather well, with him having higher agility than mine for certain. I'll have to check it out after I respawn.'

The fight didn't take long since Red had the speed advantage and was able to pick on Fuseblade open spots like a surgeon, with his attacks being precise and coldblooded, making the guild leader of Blackdawn suffer.

Still, he didn't allow himself to die so quickly, hitting Red with two instant sword skills that couldn't be dodged by the swift swordsman that looked to move along with the wind.

.

As the fight was reaching its end, the middle-aged man wearing casual clothes, and constantly drinking alcohol with a person also wearing casual clothes to blend with the crowd, remarked when seeing Red swift movements and sword attacks.

"That young outlander is really talented with the sword. He should be going for the path of a Wind Blademaster or maybe the Sword Saint?"

"Hmph, there can only be a Sword Saint, and those outsiders will never reach that level, unlike that betrayer, Piaro. Why even remember me about that thing, you fool?"

"Sorry, Your Grace. It wasn't my intent" apologized the man to the middle-aged man whose name was covered by a hat.

"Anyway, let's move on. I still have some activities to be done before my schedule is empty."

"Your Grace, don't you want to congratulate that young man? He could become a great asset for the House. From my sources, the other noble Houses started acquiring the outlanders under their services and guide them to grow faster than the rest of outlanders, using their abilities to the fullest."

"I would be an idiot to give wings to tigers. Those outlanders don't have a sense of belonging to our lands. They are here just to waste their time, kill monsters, look around places, fight against one another, and be a nuisance for me. Understood? There could even be some of them who are ambitious enough that are looking forward to becoming Dukes, Kings or even Emperor."

"Hah, don't be kidding, Your Grace, there's no person alive who can take down His Majesty Juander."

"Who knows what the future might hold for us, Myles. The Princes also began growing with each year, and their desire for the Throne would make them enter a conflict, regardless of what they want to tell the public about their ambition. The Dukes are fully aware how irresistible the Crimson Throne is for the mortals, me included."

"Sigh, Your Grace, sometimes I wonder if you are drunk or sober." said the middle-aged man who looked like a scholar, walking after the drunk person who started hiccupping and later say.

*Hic* "That I don't know" *Hic*

Not long after they left, the crowd started cheering and applauding for the show. Red, Evan, Lane, and the Blackdawn's lead by Fuseblade managed to deliver, making the only three standing alive take a deep breath and return back to the fountain, climbing it up watching the crowd surrounding them.

"Man, shouldn't we get the heck away from here? Look at those guys burning with desire in their eyes." asked Lane, who was breathing somewhat forced, faring the worst in the group.

"My bullets! I've wasted all of my ammo for today!"

"Sigh, poor guy, at least we made 300 gold and also give some EXP and reputation for the Guild along with lots of advertisements for the future. Now, quiet, let me address the public." said Red, who got up standing on the fountain, making the Guards around feel slightly weird by the outlander who was using their central square as some resting place.

The players and even the citizens seemed interested in what Red had to say, and got quiet, expecting something.

"Thanks for being quick to find what I wanted to do. I hope you enjoyed the display my friends and I put for you, and with this occasion, I am sure someone still records this. I want to make a public challenge to anyone or any guild who wants to challenge me, Red and my guild, Leviathan. Just send me an email in the game, and we will sort out a location."

"RED! What about your leveling? If you would do that, how would you keep on being the highest-ranked person?" asked someone from the crowd, curious.

"Haha, obviously, I will take on the challenges according to my feelings. If I am tired of killing monsters, I might settle down for a while and take on the challenges. So spread my words. Don't disappoint me since I will check on the forums."

Both Evan and Lane stared at each other and could only lament in the private conversation.

@Evan: My ammo! That crazy fucker want's me to kill myself or what?"

@Lane: Bro, you got your hands on an Epic class why bitch about it? I am using a Rare one.

.

"Let's log out and log in when the rest of the stamina has recovered." said Red to the group, being the first to log out, creating a bigger reaction from the public.

"Motherf … That crazy bastard."


[A/N: Give me your thoughts on Red's chapters.]

[Also, another thing on my mind, do you find the progression of the story boring? Slow? What do you think of the story progress? And if you have any suggestions or things you might have done in a different way?


[Discord channel link: https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD]

[If you want advanced chapters, check my p@treon.] [www..patréon.com/Morpheus146]

32