16: Chaotic Morning
337 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP*

Morning comes and the sounds of the birds chirping wakes me up from my sleep while I sluggishly get up from my fluffy bed, mother is already gone when I woke up while Auguste still sleeping soundly so I decided to go to bathroom and wash my face.

I walked on the hallway like I always do these past 2 years but there’s exceptionally noisy sounds in my house especially from living room, I decided to ignore it and keep walking to the bathroom then go inside when I see a girl in the bathtub with the cover screen wide open.

“…”

“…!? KYAAA!!”

“Waah! I- I’m sorry!”

*CLACK!*

“Chloe?! What happened?! Is there anything… wrong…”

I surprised by a red haired girl who bathed in the bathtub in my bathroom with the cover screen wide open, suddenly a red haired woman come out from the room where my mother’s bedroom are while wearing strange clothes like a night gown.

“… Hah!, Who are you?! What are you doing in my house?!”

*BURST!*

“What is that?! I heard scream and… loud sound… Leony?”

For a moment my head feels empty and my brain late to recognize the woman in the front of mother’s bedroom, a moment later mother bursting from the living room with some people wearing black and white clothes like that of maid.

“Mother? Who are these people? And why she didn’t close the cover screen when bathing!?”

“What? Did I forgotten to tell you all that if someone go to the bathroom, close the cover screen when you take a bath?”

Suddenly the atmosphere become cold and everyone went silent then a maid come forward and procrastinating in front of mother.

“My apologies Fenrir-sama, I am just following what young lady told me to do”

Her voice trembling in fear like she’s just made a grave sin while I can feel her cold sweat running from her head.

“What she told you to do?”

“Y- young lady told me to not close the cover screen since no one will come in while she take a bath”

… Just that? In the only bathroom in this house? Where the shower and toilet is in one room? When there’s a lot of people that maybe wants to go to the toilet right next to where she takes bath?!.

“Oh? Is that so? Then, now I have reasons to ignore her”

I can heard reasonings cable snapped in my head after I heard the silly reason of this ‘young lady’ from her maid, I then facing the bathroom door and pulled up my right feet then kicked the door angrily until it swings open and hit the wall, anyone in there surprised including the girl in the bathtub while I walked angrily to the toilet and accidentally broke the toilet door knob when I close it.

A moments later I heard foot steps and a sliding sound when I’m still relieving myself on the porcelain throne, I got out after I fixed the toilet door knob with [restore] then walked to the wastafel and fixed the nearly collapsed bathroom door using the same spell, I washed my face when mother and the maids already gone preparing the breakfast.

A few minutes later I finished changing my clothes then go to the dining room when I see mother going to serve the breakfast but we short on table and chairs, so I stored our current table and chairs into my [inventory] then decided to makes a new table using [craft] since I still has some woods.

Anyone except my family is in awe as I perform my magic especially someone called Daniel who is very annoying and noisy while talking nonsense in poetic manner, I’m only made the table parts since I can just [copy] the chairs so I asked the knights to help me assemble the table after I made it.

*CLATTER CLATTER*

“Uhm, if I may be rude, is it alright for us servants to eat on the same table as our masters?”

A butler called Felipe and the other servants is hesitated to take the seat as we’re about to eat the breakfast, looks like caste and ranks is exist in this world as they looked alike like fantasy medieval era on comics.

“Please just sit, there is no one who will scolded you all just because eating breakfast with us”

“Th- then, if you excuse us”

*DRRRRK*

We are finally have a breakfast after mother convinced the servants of Whitfield family to eat together with us, today breakfast is steak burger with mushed potatoes and salad which is usual dishes for my family but I think it’ll be considered as out of this world cuisine by these ‘natives’.

*CLATTER CLATTER*

“Hm…! It’sh sho delishioush father!”

As we take the first bite of our breakfast this young lady already caught the bait followed by the others with just “hm…!”, still noisy but it’s okay since it’s the first time they’re eating something like this but… I’m pretty sure they have eaten something much better than this simple dishes.

“Chloe, don’t talk when eating, how many times I already told you?”

“Yes dear mother, I’m sorry”

“Good girl… ah, are we too loud?”

Ah, looks like I’ve stared at them for too long.

“No, you’re not loud, I’m just doing some small ‘observation', ANYWAY, looks like you all are enjoying the food"

“Oh yes, the meat is so soft, juicy, and tasty, is it possible that the meat is finely chopped?”

Mother and I startled hearing that and glanced each other for a moment before we decided that I’ll answer Mrs Ramona question.

“Well… kinda but not, it’s not possible to chop meat this fine in large quantities, even if you spend hours on it”

“Then, why didn’t you use magic? It’ll simple and faster right?”

Suddenly Chloe cutting in into the conversation with her opinion, so you thought you’re a smartass huh?.

“Technically it does, but in practice it doesn’t, you’ll need a lot of time of training only to chop meat finely without making any mess or damaging stuff”

Some of Whitfield people went silent and started mumbling for a few moments especially that Daniel guy, I can felt his ill intention even though he doesn’t meant it… I think?, A moment later miss Eldora pinched Daniel’s hip since everyone else started to feel uneasy.

“Uh-hum! So you’re saying that you knew how to chop the meat using magic, isn’t that right?!”

“Chloe! Watch your words! You are in front of Fenrir-sama!”

“Oh… no need to mind me, I’m just happy that my daughter can talk to other person besides me and my son”

Mrs Ramona cutting our conversation since her daughter started to be rude and of course my mother doesn’t mind it, somehow it makes me happy when mother said that.

“Hey, why are you smiling? Answer me!”

“Okay okay, I never know how to chop meat using magic nor I ever thought that, anyway let’s eat, my brother already finished his breakfast”

*CLATTER*

“What? Do you expecting me to wait you all finished your talks and starving myself?”

Auguste who’s in his half human form said that as he leaves the dining room where we went silent as him going to the back, we stared to each other awkwardly for a moments before we eat and finished our breakfast.

10