18: To Whitfield Resident!
355 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*TAP TAP TAP*

We go out to the veranda after lunch is over so I can shows my modified car as what I have promised earlier.

“Okay, now that you all have wore your shoes, let me show you something quick”

I immediately walk to the side of the veranda and then putting my left hand on the cliff, at first anyone is puzzled by what I do but a moment later something interesting is happens.

“*pip* contact detected… scanning… welcome master Leony… *pip*”

Everyone surprised after hearing a weird voice coming out from the cliff, before they can understand what just happened, a portion of the cliff moving inward creating square pattern then moving up showing the car behind it.

“Wow, is that the car-“

“You said that you’ve modified your car but it still looks the same as the first time”

Auguste suddenly cuts Mr Feliks words as he is still amazed by my car, to be honest I didn’t change the body of my car at all since I’m more preferred originality, though some small accessories here and there wouldn’t hurt either.

“Well, I’m just modified what’s inside the car and not the body… let me show you, wait a sec”

I walked towards my car as I said that and then hop right in my car, I twisted the car key and…

*VROOOOOOOMMM!*

The car engine roaring loudly inside the garage startled everyone outside.

*NEIGH!*

“! The horses! Holds them up!”

Mr Feliks immediately run after the horses followed by other knights behind him, I can only watching them as I rolled out my car from the garage.

“Sorry for scaring the horses, I never thought this would happened”

“Oh, you don’t have to apologize Miss Leony, it’s normal for horses to get scared by loud sounds”

I apologized as I had scared the knights horses but Mr Cederic said not to, I’m not really feel that relieved but… let’s forget about it for the moment, after a few minutes the knights succeeded on controlling their horses.

“Okay, once again I want to apologize for scaring the horses and now let me show your seats”

I spent the next few minutes only to arrange seats for Whitfield family and their servants, Whitfield family sits on the middle row seat while the servants sits on the bench seats in the rear, normally this car only carry 9 people but I’m sure you can squeeze one or two more people inside.

“Now that everyone is onboard, let’s get in mother and then we’ll ready to go!”

“What?! But I need to watch over the forest or else…”

“Aw… come on mother, I promise the forest will be fine without you around…”

“Sorry Leony, I really can-“

“Pwetty pwease?”

Sorry mother but I don’t think I can go to the city without you around me so please go with me, I promise that nothing bad will happen in the forest when you’re away with me.

“*sigh* Okay, I will go, away from the forest for a few days won’t hurt maybe”

“Yay! Auguste can sit on mother’s lap in his Fenrir form”

“What do you mean? I still in my-“

*SNAP! POOF!*

“Wha-?! Did you revert me back into Fenrir?!”

“Oh come on, you look more cute like this anyway”

*GRRR! BARK! BARK! BARK!*

“That’s enough of you two! Auguste come here”

Mother once again separated me and Auguste and then sit in the car followed by Auguste hopped on her lap, I immediately sit on the driver seat and started the car, I set the exhaust pipe to be muffled from control panel on the middle dashboard so it doesn’t scaring other horses again.

“Oh… so this is what you have changed, it sure is different from that day”

“As I have said, I only modified the inside of the car and of course some other things that maybe mother can’t understand even if I explain it”

“Oh? Are you bragging to me now?”

“Isn’t the last time I explained everything, mother said that your head started to feel dizzy?”

“U-hum! I think we should go now”

“Hahaha! Per your wish mother”

I see mother’s face blushing in shame remembering what happened back then, I shifted to 1st gear and started to drive slowly through the trees with the knights riding their horses.

“! Wait Miss Leony! Your car might get stuck on the trees roots”

“No need to worry Mr Feliks, I had something useful for this”

*PIP! EEERRRT!*

“Woah?! Did the car just raising a bit?”

“That’s right Mr Ed! ThIs way we’ll never get stuck!”

“I beg your pardon, who did you call me again?”

“Mr Ed, why? You don’t like it?”

“No but… please don’t make weird nickname for me”

“Why? Cederic is just too mouthful to say so I picked shortest nickname from your name”

“Ugh… do as you please”

“Okay then, let’s we get going shall we?”

We continue our travel after I raised the car suspension, we spend less than 10 minutes to travel through the trees to the nearby road.

*PIP! EEERRRT!*

After I lowered the car suspension I can see the Whitfield’s carriage nearby, it’s quite big and looked luxurious with its various gold colored ornaments, and there is the horses- no, it’s looked more like Velociraptor kinda dinosaur but extra thicc.

“Uh… what kind of animal is that?”

“Oh dear, did you never seen one? It’s called Dodo, it used to pull carriages and heavy things”

Mrs Ramona a bit surprised by my question but she answered it quiet detailed, I asked her again about what did they eat and she said that they ate everything, from grass and leaves to meat and waste, yes, literal sh*t.

“Uhm, Miss Leony, may I come down now? I need to attend the carriage”

“Oh, Mr coachmen! Rest assured, I’ll take care of that, you don’t even need to leave your seat”

*SNAP! ZWING!*

In an instant the big and luxurious looking carriage vanished into thin air followed by the two Dodo’s that tied on nearby tree, Whitfield’s people got freaked out as their carriage vanished before their very eyes but I explained what just happened to them, after all have calmed down we continue our travel to the Corland city.

*VROOOOMMM*

“Wow, this ride is so smooth it feels like we are flying”

“Of course it is, nothing like that flimsy leave springs”

I’m mumbling as Mr Ed amazed by the smooth car ride, it’s all thanks to dynamic pneumatic suspension that makes the ride very smooth even on rough road, it didn’t transfer any shock from tires to the car body while also keeping the car stable in sudden turns on high speed.

“Hey Leony, shouldn’t you lower your car speed? The knights barely keeping us up”

“What?! It’s not even half of the maximum speed… okay… I’ll slowing it down”

As I lowering my car speed I checking the mirror and I can barely see the knights on the back, they’re so far back that they catching up with my car 5 minutes later.

“YOUR CAR REALLY IS FAST KID!”

“WELL, MY CAR IS SEVERAL TIMES FASTER THAN YOUR HORSE OBVIOUSLY!”

I rolled down my car window and ‘talking’ with Mr Feliks on his horse, we ‘talk’ one or two things along the way and without we knowing we’re about to arrive at the city’s gate as we absorbed in our conversation, we stopped at the checking point at the city’s gate as I lowered Mr Ed’s window from my seat.

“Oh! I never thought it was you Sir, did your ‘important thing’ finished? You even back with new carriage!”

“… Let’s not talk about that and this is my guest’s car, she’s allowed me to take a ride”

“Ooh… is it a magical item?”

“No, can we pass already? It’s started to get dark here”

“Ah, forgive me, this way please”

We passed the city gate quite easily by Mr Ed’s help, he said that I don’t need ID card to pass the gate as long as I was with him, the hustle bustle of city’s life welcomed us after we passed the gate.

“Wow! It’s so busy and lively here mother”

“Fufufu, it sure is looked like that Leony”

I’m once lived in a city before but this is still amazed me, the life of a city in fantasy middle age settings where you can only find in novels or comics, there’s many shops along the way ranging from blacksmiths, bakeries, tailors, etc.

“This road is usually this busy with many adventurer walking around and of course merchants who’s come and go”

“And because of that this road is filled with shops and inns, right Eric?”

“That’s right, my wife”

“Oh-ho? did you just lovey dovey on my back while I’m still driving?”

“*cough!* It’s not like that!”

I watched this couple blushing from the mirror followed by mother looking at me while grinning, looks like my guess is right, we had slow ride to enjoy the city’s scenery and its people.

We ride around the city square that located right in the middle of the city before we arrived at Mr Ed estate which just a bit to the west from the city square, his estate is extravagant with a giant mansion in the middle, some wide yard and garden.

“Welcome home master, …did you not take your carriage?”

“Ah… no, my guest insisted me and others to take a ride in her car, how am I supposed to open the door?”

“Oh, you need to pull that square thing on the door”

“Is it this one?”

*CLACK!*

“Oh! Okay, let’s get down, hold father’s hand Chloe”

Everyone started to get down from the car including the servants on the back which already figured out how to open the door, the one who welcomed Mr Ed earlier a bit surprised that a lot of people coming out of my car.

“Now for a little introduction, Felix, this is Agustina-sama the Fenrir and her childrens, and this is Felix, our family head servants”

“It’s a honor to meet you Fenrir-sama”

“All honor for me, this is my daughter Leony and my son Auguste”

“Nice to meet you Mr Butler’s older brother”

*FLINCH!*

“May I ask-“

“Secret”

“…as you wish young Miss, now, please this way”

Mr Ed introduce me and my family to his head servants followed by greetings exchange by both Mr Felix and mother, I’m also greet him which makes him surprised so do everyone else, it sure is surprising if some complete stranger knows information about you that few people knew it.

After the small greetings we were going into Mr Ed’s mansion with Mr Felix leading the way, we entered a room filled with nice furnitures and decorations then we sit on the sofas facing each other.

“As we wait for our tea, I would like to once again welcome you to Whitfield’s mansion, I hope you have a nice stay here for next few days”

“We’ll take your hospitality Margrave Whitfield”

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Ah, looks like our tea is already here, come in”

“Sorry for the intrusion master”

Mr Felix entered the room nervously like someone about to announce bankruptcy, he’s walked in moderate pace like a professional of servants etiquettes would do, he then stopped at about 3 ft from where Mr Ed sit.

“What’s the matter Felix? Is there’s an urgent matter?”

“It’s about young Miss Leony’s… uhm… vehicle, the servants didn’t have any idea how to move it”

“Ah! Looks like I’ve forgotten my car, sorry for inconveniencing you Mr Felix”

“Oh! You don’t have to apologize to me young Miss Leony, just tell this servant of how to attend your vehicle young Miss”

“That isn’t needed, I’ll take care of it myself”

“Pardon?”

*SNAP!*

As Mr Felix still confused by what I’ve had said, I snapped my fingers and in an instant everyone went silent, a few moments went by with everyone only throwing looks at each other expecting something to happens.

“…did something happen?”

“Something is surely happening mother, just wait and see”

Not long after I said that there’s commotion in Mr Ed’s house, a manservant frantically entered the room we’re in and informed us that my car was disappeared and switched with Mr Ed’s carriage, I explained what just happened and then the manservant ordered to take care of Mr Ed’s carriage instead.

“*sigh* can you at least tell me if you’re about to use your magic?”

“Force of habit, sorry”

“sigh… whatever, anyway, let’s enjoy the tea”

“Yeah sure”

Whitfield’s maid served us our tea followed by some snacks like cookies, after a few sips of tea, mother and Mr Ed talking to each other about some stuff while Mrs Ramona following with some opinions and questions, us kids just sitting there eating the snacks.

It such a long talk that it was dusk already, me and my family are then escorted by a maid to our room on the second floor while Whitfield family going to their own rooms, we meeting again at the dinner room at about 7 PM after we all had taken bath.

“So, what we have for dinner Felix?”

“Chef had prepared steak, potato soup, and salad, we also had wine master”

“Great, serve us adults the wine, kids can have milk or mango juice”

*CLATTER CLATTER*

The maids served our dinner and drinks like I always see on anime and manga, I become a bit excited since I see the real thing but I need to keep my composure, we started to eat when the master of the house which in this case is Mr Ed gave us permission to eat like what this world custom used to be.

“Hmm… it’s nothing but salt”

“It’s true but don’t say it out loud Leony, it’s considered as rude to express your dissatisfaction to home owner as a guest”

“Yes mother, you heard it too right, Auguste?”

“Yeah yeah, sure”

We’re talking using [telepathy] as to not make a fuss as we’re still eating, honestly I’m a bit disappointed by the steak seasoning and how it cooked, it’s almost well done instead of medium rare and there’s no garlic no pepper nothing but salt.

“Now that we’re eating our own food, it tasted different than what Leony had in her house”

“That’s right father, foods that Miss Leony had served to us tasted different from ours, may I ask what kind of ingredients to make such a tasteful food?”

Oh? Mr Ed’s son, Marc, had asked a question his father never thought to ask about, it’s interesting since onion and garlic were categorized as herbs in this world and no one ever thought to put them in food, not to mention that they didn’t know for what usage the spices are.

“Well, I’ll tell you that I use some herbs like garlic and onion to make my food tastier and of course some other ingredients too”

“GARLIC AND ONION?! Aren’t those are herbs for medicine? I heard they had foul smell”

Mr Ed and his family surprised and so other servants that heard us, to be honest garlic and onion are ingredients for common fever and flu medicine that usually have quite a disgusting taste and smell.

“It actually makes quite a fragrant smell if fried in right amount of heat and oil”

“Ooh… can you tell us more about it?”

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you right now since it got quite late”

“Ah, that’s too bad, maybe you can tell us tomorrow”

“Yeah sure, if I have spare time

“Sorry?”

“Nothing”

And so the dinner continues without any noise except tableware clanking, meanwhile mother staring at me sharply as if she’s trying to shoot lasers from her eyes, I keep eating my dinner while ignoring mother’s gaze and a few minutes later we finished our dinner.

Me and my family got escorted by some maids to our room while Mr Ed’s family going by their own followed by some maids and servants, the maid excuse herself off after we got to our room, we immediately laying down on the bed with mother on the middle while Auguste and me on left and right of her respectively.

“Leony, how can you talked like that to an aristocrat? You once a grownup adult right?”

Mother suddenly asked me with her stern face but with mixed feelings between anger and worries in her voice, I let out small sigh and answered her in soft voice.

“Mother… it’s right that I once a grownup adult but now I don’t feel like one even though I’m thinking things like one”

“But why did you talked like that to an aristocrat the whole time? Did your previous world people always talking in such manners to everyone?”

“I’m sorry mother, it’s not like I used your status or anything, it’s all because my own accord to talk in such manner, I just want to know if Mr Ed is that kind of person or not and I got carried away by it”

“*sigh* oh Leony, I know that you’re now a kid but that still wrong, you need to be polite to someone above you wether it elderly or someone with authority”

“Yes, I’m sorry”

“Okay okay, now sleep”

Mother stroking my head as I close my eyes, it feels nice and comfortable to be honest.

9