21: At Adventurer Guild
94 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*VROOOMMM*

“Hm~ what a good weather to start the day ~”

This is the second day I’m in this city and today I decided to visit the adventurer guild by myself, I’ve told my mother about it while we’re having breakfast this morning and she told me to be careful on my way there.

The Whitfield’s couple wants to gave me an introduction letter but I refused it for no specific reason.

For today’s occasion I’m wearing a light brown shorts with crème shirt completed by suspenders and dark brown fest, didn’t forget the brown high boots and black socks.

It takes about 7-8 minutes ride to arrive at the guild building from the Whitfield’s mansion, it might take 15-20 minutes if you ride a carriage and a bit longer by walking, I parked my car at the front of the guild’s building as I arrive and immediately head inside after I’ve locked the car.

*CHATTER! BUSTLE!*

Wow, there’s so many people inside with many kinds of appearances and sizes, I think there’s also some other races too like what I perceive as elves but mostly is human, they even has cafeteria inside.

“Well well well, watcha doin here lil kid?”

Suddenly a big muscular man appeared in front of me with his peculiar accent, he has brown skin like tropic people with unkept black hair and dark brown eyes, I’m became cautious in case he turns out to be some other jerks like yesterday.

“Hm? Where’s yer mom ‘n pop? Did ya c’mere alone?”

“Excuse-“

“Hey Zorg! Did you harassing a kid this time?”

Someone that seems like he knows this guy called him from a table across the room, in that table there’s a blonde guy with a chest plate and other 3 that I assume one of them as an elf, a magician, and a… priest I think?

If my earth knowledge serve me right… are they this guy’s party? Considering that they sit in a group without other people except them.

“Wat?! Nay! Whatchu take me fo’?! I ain’t harassin’ her, I just worried she came to this place alone’.”

“Alright, that aside, do you mind to join us for a bit kid?”

The blonde guy approached us and asked me if I can join them, looks like my worries are for naught and so I accepted his invitation.

“Before that, let’s we introduce ourselves first, my name is Stanchik but you can call me Stan, I’m the leader of [Shooting Star] party and a sword user”

“’kay, me name’s Zorgo, ya can call me Zorg, [Shooting Star] tanker, ya see this big hammer?”

“Is it my turn? Hello kid, my name is Amellia, I’m [Shooting Star] party’s archer and as you can see I’m an elf”

“Hmph, don’t you afraid kid as I, the great magician Pharah, will not use this cursed power of mine to hurts you-“

“Stop it Farah, do you need to do all that every time we meet someone new?”

“Gah! Do you must ruin my great self introduction every time, you blasted Stanchik?!”

Ah… so she’s a Chuuni, noted.

“I’m last again huh? Greetings, my name is Gisburg, you can call me Gis, I am a healer in this party”

So these guys are in a party, they also had different jobs that supports each other with their own different attire, just like in an MMO RPG game and fantasy themed stories.

“Then… hi, my name is Leony, I just got to this city recently with my mother and brother, yesterday I was touring with them around the town and passed this guild so… here I am”

“Wait wait, so you, a little girl is roaming around the town and entered an adventurer guild all by yourself? Did your mother knows about this?”

Gis became worried as I told them that I go around the town by myself, as formerly an adult myself I can understand what Gis is feeling but yeah, I took this upon myself.

“Of course, she knows that I’m plenty strong to go out by myself, and I can even do an arm wrestling against adults with only my pinky and still win”

“Pfft, don’t be jokin kiddo, ain’t no way yer slender arm pullin that”

“Wanna try it?”

Unconsciously I smirked as I challenge Zorg to do arm wrestling with me, well somehow I feel the need to showing off what I had to them.

“Hmph, aight but I’ll go easy on ya kiddo”

“Oh, it’s a me who should do that”

Me and Zorg getting ready for our arm wrestling match with Amel-neesan as our referee, we decided that I’ll use my hand instead of my pinky ‘cause it’s so tiny Zorg troubled to hold onto it.

“Alright, ready… 1… 2… 3!”

Zorg immediately put a little push as if we’re just playing but I didn’t flinch from that.

“Eh…? Even though I was serious, I didn’t thought you’d treat it like I was playing around, put some more power in that!”

“Heh, aight, how bout this?”

“More!”

“Hmph!”

“MORE!”

“Hnngh!”

“MORE DUDE!”

“RAAAGHH!”

Oohh, I can feel his power increasing but I feel like it’s not yet half of his max power, but then again I’m afraid we’ll break the table if we go above this.

“How ‘bout that kiddo?!”

“Impresive, I guess this isn’t half of your max power yet I suppose, but looks like we’ll need to stop, I heard the table creaking”

“Hey hey kid, did you really didn’t feel struggled at all? How come you still be able to speak so hassle-free?”

Stan and the others were surprised that I didn’t feel any struggle while having an arm wrestling match with Zorg.

“I’ve told you that I was plenty strong-“

*CREAK!*

“Ah crap”

*CRACK! CRASH!*

The cafeteria table we used for our arm wrestling match finally broke into halves, the sound was so loud it attracted other people attention to us.

“Uh…what should we do now? The table just broke”

“Welp, seems we went a mite too far, ain’t we?”

*TP! TP! TP! TP!*

I heard someone walking towards us and from the sound it seems like they’re angry, a moment later a woman in I assume a uniform approaching us, is she this guild employee I assume?

“It’s you guys again?! Can you guys stop breaking our tables?! especially you Zorgo!”

“Ahaha, it’s a ma bad”

“Don’t worry Risa, we’ll pay for the damages like always”

I feel bad when Stan said that their party will pay for the damaged table- wait, he said “like always” like they’ve been in this kind of situation before? How many times did they broke the guild’s property?!

“Uhm, excuse me, did you guys broke something else before this?”

“Ara? who this kid is? I didn’t realize you were there”

“Ah! Lemme introduce ya both, Leony this’s Rina, Rina this’s Leony “

“So Leony is it? To be honest the [Shooting Star] party had been involved in some fights with the other parties this past month, in one occasion Zorgo throws a person into a wall and make a hole on it”

Said Rina while pointing a hole on a wooden wall of cafeteria section, that hole is only modestly repaired or should I say covered with some kind of fabric just so the room is not exposed.

“If I may suggest, can I helped fixing these things? It also part of my fault that the table broke”

“What? I can’t possibly ask a kid to pay the damages-“

“I didn’t say I’d pay it, I said I’d fix it”

*SNAP!*

In an instant the pieces of the broken table flying back to its place and rebounds leaving a table that looks like it never broke before, everyone in the guild flabbergasted watching what had been happened.

“…I’m sorry Miss Leony but you need to follow me to the office, now.”

“Okie dokie, c’ya later guys!”

I followed miss Rina as she had said, we were being stared at by all of guild’s members as we walk towards the office up the second floor, I even heard their murmuring about me.

*CLACK*

“Please have a seat”

“Thank you”

I sat on a sofa in what I assume as the guildmaster’s office, the size and the layouts were almost the same as Mr Ed’s office as I’ve seen through [spectator].

“I’ll get this straight, who really are you?”

“Oh, I thought Zorg already introduced us both earlier, is it not enough?”

“Do you think I’ll buy that after seeing that kind of magic?!”

Rina got mad even she’s slamming the table with both her hands, I can understand her reasonings though.

There’s ain’t no way you’ll believe a stranger you’ve never knew before, moreover they’ve performed a magic you’ve never seen or know about.

“Hm… it’s quite difficult”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, the point is my backgrounds were quite complicated that you wouldn’t believe me so I have a suggestion”

“… what is it?”

“Uhm… I have an acquaintance in this city, he might be able to explain it to you”

“… is he can really be trusted?”

With such a long pause, Rina keeps on assessing me carefully in case I was deemed dangerous by her, well it’s gonna change soon anyway.

“Of course, he’s a very trustworthy person, the one who run this city is him after all”

“Wait… what-“

*SNAP! ZWING!*

In instant a light emitted from one of the guild office wall, as the light is gradually fades away we see another room right next to the guildmaster’s office, there’s a faint light comes right at the border where the both rooms meet.

“Did my eyes tricking me? Why’d I see my office right now?”

“There is nothing wrong with your eyes Roger, so what kind of frivolous thing you’ve done this time Leony?”

“I honestly didn’t like the truth inside your words mr Ed, well anyway-“

“It’s a lie right?”

I got surprised when suddenly Rina cuts my sentence out of nowhere, as I turn my head towards her, there’s disbelieve expression written all over her face.

“Isn’t this the legendary magic [gate]? Even the hero who had slain the demon lord in the past is unable to cast it this massive, just… just who you really are?”

“…wait, I’ve never heard of that magic, what kind of magic is that?”

Mr Roger, the guildmaster asked a question about the magic, it’s understandable though as some people doesn’t even knew this magic while some others believed that it was but a myth.

Only some magician and magic researchers that believed the magic actually is existed in the past, they said it is possible but it would be a miracle for someone other than the hero of the Dark Ages to perform such a feast.

“Guildmaster, it’s a legendary magic that no one else other than the hero of the Dark Ages can perform” explain Rina, as she walked towards both rooms border.

“Even the one used by the hero was just as big as an small gate, but this… this is ridiculous”add rina.

“But there’s only 5 witnesses, so it’s safe to say that [gate] magic will still be nothing but a myth”

Everyone goes Pikachu face hearing what I just said, well it’s not like the whole world will immediately know this magic is really exist though, just not yet.

“Leony, you said that there is 5 witnesses but, there’s only 4 of us here” said Mr Ed, confused.

“If you didn’t count God Abner then yes, but forget all that first, I need your help Mr Ed”

“About what?”

“Well you see, this Miss Rina here is suspecting me so… I need your help to explain it to her”

After a few minutes, Mr Ed explained who I was and why I’m here, Miss Rina then acknowledged me after hearing some surprising facts about me, even the guildmaster surprised.

“Okay, now that’s everything is settled, I’ll close the [gate]”

“wait! At least let me get there-“

“That can’t do mr guildmaster, everyone might get suspicious if you suddenly in your office without anyone noticing” I said, making out a reason.

“And it’s the more reason why you shouldn’t leave your carriage behind, I mean, whatever the urgent matter is, no one insane enough to started running instead of taking their carriage”

“sigh… alright, I don’t have any rights to force a fenrir daughter anyway” said Roger, giving up.

“Alright then, bye Mr Ed, see you soon”

The office wall slowly reappearing as the [gate] fades away, Miss Rina sits back on her chair after making sure everything is the same as before.

“Now that I have confirmed your identity… what do you need here that I can help with?”

“Uhm, I want to know the requirements for joining the guild as an adventurer”

“Oh, so you wanted to become an adventurer? Let me check first”

Miss Rina then bend her back as she rummaging something below the desk, a moment later she’s pulled out some papers.

“Let’s see… to register as an adventurer, you must on the age of 8 years old minimum”

“Oh! That’s great! I’m 8 this year, 9 in a couple months”

“You were 8? I thought you were around 5 or 6 as you were so small”

What in the world… did I was that small that I’m no different from 2 years ago?

“Uhm, I really am 8 years old, did I really looked that small?”

“Well… yeah, you almost like my auntie’s kids, they’re 5 and as big as you”

I don’t get it, all this time I eat regularly with various food and moving around quite a lot, yet no growth whatsoever? That’s ridiculous.

“If you still want to, I can get you registered, we can get that checked when we made the member card”

Did we gonna use some kind of crystal orb thingy to check my identity? It’s like in those fantasy manga and anime where the OP MC about to register as an adventurer.

I just can’t wait to register myself as an adventurer and started my own adventure, it’s gotta be fun traveling across this Fairmallow world as an OP being.

4