22: Explosive Start
72 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me and Miss Rina decided to go back down to first floor where the reception counter located, Miss Rina insisted that she’ll do the receptionist job herself just for me.

“Okay, now put your hand on this [recording crystal] and flow your mana into it just a little”

Explain her as she’s putting a crystal orb on the reception desk, it truly is like those in fantasy stories.

“Hm… sounds easy to me”

I put my hand on the crystal orb and tried to flow a lil bit of my mana, maybe 1% would suffice-

*CRACK! BOOM!*

The crystal orb exploded, creating white smoke that engulfed entire reception counter and half of the guild hall, everyone including me coughing after inhaling some of the smoke.

I didn’t expected that just 1% could do this kind of thing, looks like I need to put some zeros in front of that 1%.

“Cough! Cough! You okay Leony? Cough!”

“Cough! Yeah… let me do something for a moment…”

*SNAP!*

A strong gust of wind coming in, quickly dissipating the smoke out of the building.

Everyone inside the guild making a ruckus about the explosion, fortunately Miss Rina could put it off after explained what happened as a failure of the [recording crystal].

“What were you thinking? Just how much does you put your mana in?”

“Uhm… I’m sorry, I’ll try to tone it down a bit more”

“Dear God… I hope you didn’t exploded this one”

“… yeah, I’m truly sorry”

Again, I put my hand on another crystal orb but now I’ll flow my mana as little as I can get.

The orb lights up very brightly and I can feel it vibrating a little, I’m a bit scared but I tried to suppress my mana even more.

I finally pulled my hand off of the crystal orb as I heard cracking noises, the light fades off a few minutes later, revealing a crack on the crystal orb surface.

“Look at this, you almost broke this one too”

“Well, I’ve tried my best not to explode it! That was my upmost effort to suppress my mana flow, you know”

“Alright alright, you’ve done a good job, fortunately the [recording crystal] was able to record your identity”

Miss Rina patted my head complimenting my effort, it’s somehow makes me happy.

People whispering about me as Miss Rina is processing my member card. Well, it’s not like I care much about it anyway.

“Your member card is ready Leony”

“Wow, that was quick”

“Yeah but… somehow your stats didn’t show up, maybe it’s because you almost broke the [recording crystal]”

“Haha… ha… I’ll fix those crystal things”

“What? Wait!”

*SNAP!*

I already snapped my fingers as Miss Rina is about to warn me, everyone near the counter also witnessed the crystal orb binding itself up, leaving their jaws dropped.

In a moment, the crystal orb back to its previous state like nothing have happened.

“Now that everything– WOAH?!”

Suddenly Miss Rina yanked me into her reception desk, she made me hide and then whispering something to me.

“What do you think you’re doing?! Do you even know the consequences of your actions?!”

“Huft… of course I knew, I never was intending to hide my capabilities since the start”

Haish, I already expected her scolding me for making a scene, just… not this severe.

Her face went from scared, to disbelieve, and then she’s now pouting. Why’d you put me in this awkward position after doing that to me?

“…look, I’m sorry okay, can you tell me what I should do after getting registered?”

“… you’re officially an adventurer now”

Oh, I didn’t expected her to recover this fast, that’s the guild secretary for you.

“But, you can only do low level job for now as every new registered members started as class D adventurer”

So it was the same as in novel and manga, I see I see.

We finally get up after hiding below the reception desk and apologize to everyone in the room, then Miss Rina put me out of the reception counter by holding me up.

It’s actually kinda fun getting carried by someone bigger than you, maybe it’s a feeling a kid usually feels when their parents picked them up high pretending to be flying or whatnot.

“So, regarding the low level job, is there any limits to what job I can take?”

“You can take a job worth 500 points at max for your current class, this is a measure to restraint new members from doing something reckless and of course to make them grow as they advanced”

“Hm, I see”

She then further explained that you needed 1000 points to advance to class C, the point needed to advance to the next class will be multiplied by 10 times each.

She said in the past there’s 7 classes, but then the guild association decided to remove the top two that is class SS and SSS.

All because there’s barely anyone that reached class S so the top two were practically empty, not to mention that these past centuries were quite peaceful with no demon lord awakening for another millennia at least.

“So, do you have any more questions?”

“Uhm, is the job get posted on a board over there?”

“That’s right, how did you know?”

“Eh, just guessing”

This brat… you can rip the job that suits you then bring it to the reception counter to get approved, just remember to read the requirements it needs”

“Okie dokie! I’ll the back in a jiffy”

I quickly go to the job board and obviously it’s packed with people, not to mention it was quite high up there, even my eyes can only reached the bottom most of the job request.

“Oop sorry– ey kiddo! Whatcha doin? Skimmin thru jobs?”

Someone bumped me in the middle of me thinking a way to reach a higher place, turns out it was Zorg and his party.

“Zorg! Well, actually I got troubled reading through these as I’m a tad too small”

“Owh, how pitiful, … how about you lend your shoulder Zorg? She can sat on it”

Suddenly Amel-neechan proposed an idea and honestly I think that was a great idea.

“That’s ain’t a bad idea, hop right on kiddo!”

“Eh? You sure? Thanks a lot!”

Zorg picked me up and then put me on one of his broad shoulders, it’s a bit too high though but it’s perfect than nothing.

“Is it too high kiddo? I coulda holds ya on ma arm”

“Nah, it’s perfect!”

“Aight then”

Somehow sitting on an adult’s shoulders makes me a bit excited, well, I’m a child anyway so who cares?

I got my eyes back to reading job requests before I get distracted any longer, until something caught my attention.

“Hey Zorg, could you pick that job request for me?”

“Stretch your arm forward”

"Aight"

“To the left, now up, a bit more, now to the left, left, juuust next to it… yes!”

*PLUCK*

“Did you find something?”

Stan that also skimming through the job requests is now taking a look at what Zorg had picked for me, surprisingly he’s such a quick reader.

“Slime extermination huh? How about we joined you as your supervisor? Think of it as our thanks for helping us”

“Wow thanks, I just about to ask you guys”

Stan was very considerate for giving me such suggestion, which saves my time instead of troubling myself asking it to them.

“Aight! Let’s get this approved right away!”

We’re walking towards where Miss Rina was while I’m still happily sitting on Zorg’s shoulder.

“S’cuse me Miss Rina, we like ta take this job”

*WHAM!*

Zorg handed over the job request as he slammed it on the reception desk, Miss Rina can only shakes her head dealing with Zorg’s antics.

“Hm? It’s rare for you to take such low level job, is there something happened?”

“Nay, that’s for this kiddo, we jus’ gonna supervise her”

“Is that so?”

Miss Rina then proceeded by taking out a form and wrote something on it, after she finished, she handed over the form as well as a stamp pad.

“Now I need the party leader’s and your thumbprint”

We both gave our thumbprint and then Miss Rina checked the form again before giving her approval.

“Now that the job request have been approved, you have only 3 days to complete the job, it’s effective since the approval”

“Wow, that’s plenty long, alright guys! How about we depart now so we can finish it today?”

“Are you kidding? We need half a day just to get there by carriage, even though it just on the city’s outskirt”

“Who said we’ll ride those slow moving vehicle there?”

Everyone were confused as I keep on smirking, they just didn’t know what kind of thing that’ll blow their minds, and I’m sure I’ll enjoying every seconds of it.

3