5.9
477 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lying on his bed, Ira stared up at the ceiling and sighed deeply. He opened his eyes and frowned when he was faced with the same vision that he had seen in his mind. No matter how many times that he turned and changed positions, he couldn't fall asleep. This was a problem that he had never encountered before, and he knew exactly who to blame for it.

This was all Silas' fault.

It was because Silas' bed was too comfy and now Ira was spoiled to any other bed.

Making one last attempt to fall asleep, Ira closed his eyes again. Exactly fourteen minutes later, he opened them. Sighing exaggeratedly, he sat up on the bed and frowned.

Silas wasn't in his bed. He was in his office, taking care of work that had been piling up while he had been away. Which meant that there was nothing to stop Ira from just walking straight into Silas' room and taking  over his bed. Nodding to himself, Ira decided that this was the best idea he'd ever had, and left his own room to seek out Silas'. Once there, he climbed onto the criminally comfortable bed and dragged the covers up to his chin.

Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

At some point, he was waken up by someone getting into bed with him, but once he recognized Silas' soul as the perpetuator, he simply rolled over and hogged the covers before he went back to sleep. He ignored the heat of the body next to him, content in the knowledge that Silas was right next to him and Ira could badger him for more pastries as soon as he woke up.

It was a time saver. Mumbling a complaint when Silas tried to steal Ira's covers, he shoved his face deeper into the pillow and nosed at the scent that still clung to it. He dreamed of something that had happened long ago.

Ira turned over on the bed as he woke up, only peripherally aware that the sun was high up in the sky and that he had been sleeping longer than what was normal for a human. He yawned as he sat up on the bed, stretching his arms above his head and then leaning back on them. His half-lidded eyes glanced around the room that was much neater than it was when Ira had last been here.

The sun shone in through the large window. His internal clock automatically adjusted to this world's time informed him that it was over one o'clock in the afternoon. He yawned again, even as his feet hit the ground.

Then he changed his mind and crawled back on the bed.

The dot that represented Silas on his map was moving, getting closer to Ira by the second. Ira rearranged the pillows until they formed adequate support for his back and leaned against the improvised creation against the headboard. 

While waiting for Silas to arrive, Ira checked in on his Host. His Host was in the middle of having lunch with the protagonist of this story. They were in a relatively fancy — but not as fancy as the restaurant the alpha took him to earlier — restaurant, and from the looks of it, they had just finished their middle. They were now in the middle of talking.

Not all that interested in what they were talking about, Ira refocused on what was in front of him once he was sure that his Host was in good health. A yaw broke through his defenses just as Silas opened the door to the bedroom and entered.

"You're up," Silas noted as he closed the door again behind himself. He was carrying a tray on one hand while the other one was hanging loose, and he appeared to have no issues balancing it. "Here," Silas said as he walked over to where Ira was sitting, very comfortable and unwilling to move. Silas held the tray out toward Ira and said, "I've made you breakfast."

Ira's eyes fell on the tray and he swallowed a lump of saliva. He made grabby motions with his hands, and Silas quickly surrounded the tray to him. Ira wasted no time in digging in, even as Silas sat down on the bed by Ira's feet.

Ignoring Silas' eyes on him, Ira finished the meal as fast as possible and held out the tray toward Silas. Once Silas had grabbed it from his hands, Ira rested his whole weight on the pillows behind him. He exhaled a deep breath and, in an effort to be somewhat polite because he did have some manners, flashed a brief smile at Silas.

Silas stood from the bed, walked up next to Ira and pecked Ira's cheek. "I'll be right back," he said and left.

Ira looked after him just long enough to see the door close behind him. Then he closed his eyes in bliss. His stomach was full of delicious food, he was sitting on a bed that was doing wonders for his back, and the pillows were so soft he felt like he was soaring on a cloud. All in all, he was in a very good mood.

In fact, he was in such a good mood that he decided to take the chance and check in on his Host. It was around two in the afternoon, his Host wouldn't be in the middle of intercourse, right

Nodding his head in agreement with himself, Ira zoomed in on his Host.

He was instantly treated to the sight of his Host in the lap of the target alpha, the two passionately kissing. Scowling at the image that he was presented with, Ira frantically zoomed out until he saw them from a distance of several meters; far enough that he couldn't make out their tongues intwining in each other's mouths. He shuddered, a shiver running down his spine, and checked the health of his Host.

Everything seemed to be in order. There were no foreign substances in his Host's body, no problem with nutrition or diseases and no injuries. Pleased that for once, things seemed to be going in the right direction, Ira focused on what was in front of him again when Silas returned empty-handed.

"Do you want to go somewhere today?" Silas asked as he moved to sit on the bed again.

Ira shrugged, "Where?"

"There's a new movie out that I'd thought you'd be interested in," Silas said and scooted closer to Ira.

"About zombies?"

"No," Silas shook his head. Ira felt disappointment fill him and he looked away stubbornly. Silas continued, "It's an action movie and it's supposed to have lots of blood and gore. If we leave now, we'll be just in time."

Ira rose an eyebrow and stated, "You've already bought the the tickets, haven't you?"

Silas nodded, not a single sign of shame on him. Ira sighed and let briefly focused on his Host again, seeing as they were in the middle of moving to the bedroom, he finally nodded. "Sure," Ira said and threw the covers off of himself. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood, swaying a little on his legs as the feeling returned to them. Silas stood as well, his hands held out like he wanted to help Ira.

As Ira moved towards the door, Silas caught Ira's hand and pulled him to a stop. Glancing back over his shoulder and giving the man a confused look, Silas answered the unasked question, "You need to get changed first."

Ah, right.

Turning directions, Ira was about to start walking to the closet when Silas pulled on his arm again. This time, Ira turned around and asked, "What?"

"Your clothes aren't here." 

Ira exhaled. Silas smiled softly at him, his eyes crinkling, and said, "We can move them in here if you want to keep sleeping on my bed."

A thought that bore considering. If moving his stuff here meant that they would sleep on the same bed or that Silas would switch rooms with him, he didn't care about. He simply wanted the bed and having his clothes in the same room would make things more efficient. And Silas was not the most annoying person, it would probably not be horrible to sleep on the same bed.

On that thought, had they slept on the same bed before? He couldn't remember. He knew that they had spent some time practically living together — or well, he assumed so, he couldn't really be bothered to remember that either. 

"Alright," Ira finally said. Silas twitched, staring intensely at Ira, and Ira kindly expanded, "We'll move my clothes here so I can sleep on your bed."

Soon, it would be Ira's bed.

Silas smiled. His lips twitched, once and then again, and then he was beaming at Ira, looking so tremendously happy that Ira had the urge to shield his eyes. Silas took one large step forward and gently gripped Ira's cheeks with his hands. With his cheeks mushed together in between Silas' hand, Ira stood still, even as Silas' head came closer.

They kissed. Silas pressed their lips together and Ira let him. They were essentially the same height this time, which Ira found made things much more comfortable. There was no need to angel his head back in a weird position.

Silas' lips were warm against his. Ira exhaled through his nose and when Silas' tongue swept at his lips, he opened them slightly, just enough so that Silas' tongue could peek through. It wasn't horrible, and Ira did nothing to get away, by now used to kissing Silas. At least Silas knew how to kiss, because Ira had never been all that interested in figuring out how it worked. That would have been gross.

Eventually, Silas brought his head back and released Ira's lips. Ira licked his lips, tasting the saliva that had been pooling between them. Silas let out  a breath of air and his hands moved to Ira's hair, softly weaving through it. He looked at Ira like Ira was his world.

Silas smiled again, his eyes twinkling. "You're beautiful," he mumbled.

Ira furrowed his eyebrows. He lifted his hands up to Silas' that was still carding through Ira's hair and gripped them, forcing them to let go of his head and bringing them down between them. In a smooth motion, Silas reversed their grip so that he was the one holding Ira's hands.

Ira's lips twitched before he forced them back into neutrality. He reminded, "Didn't we have a movie to go to?"

Silas' eyes widened. "Shit," he breathed and let go of Ira.

Ira left him while Silas ran over to his closet and pulled out clothes, debating what to wear. Walking over to his room, Ira let his pajamas fall to the floor while he walked across it, reaching the closet and pulling it open. He got dressed in the first clothes he had grabbed, uncaring for things like fashion and color coordination.

Things that had been disturbingly important on that reality TV show. Once he was dressed, Ira wandered back out of the room with an armful of clothes. He stalked back over to Silas' room and entered without knocking.

To make sure that Silas couldn't change his mind later, Ira thought that it would be best to leave some of his clothes in the closet now.

Silas turned red in the face when Ira entered. Ira ignored it as a weird human thing and stalked right over to the open closet, piling his clothes up in it and closing it behind them. Turning around, he said, "Are you done?"

"Yeah," Silas answered. He buttoned up the last piece of the shirt and held out an arm.

Giving it an odd look, Ira walked around him and out the door again. Behind him, he heard the sound of Silas following. Ira increased his pace a little. He hoped the movie would be good. And even if it wasn't, he could surely squeeze a lot of popcorn out of the deal.

25