The Filter
1.3k 0 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

***

"Huff," Ja Sun sat up with a sigh as Bibi Dong and Ah Yin slept beside him. His gaze fell on Bibi Dong and he wasn't going to lie but her satisfied expression made him feel quite spunky, too. Of course, he hadn't crossed a line, but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy the threesome.

Yet, he couldn't sleep.

He had attended the marriage and had the unexpected pleasure of 'sealing the deal' with Bibi Dong but he still felt a little restless. This sensation wouldn't accompany him normally after a breakthrough but this time, the changes were too great.

His mental energy had reached the peak of the mortal realm, that he could understand. This was caused by the breakthrough of his skull bone into the ranks of 100000, settling at the age of 299999 years! But aside from this change, massive feedback was also pushed into his body regarding his spirit energy and the addition of the seventh ring will make his rank soar high. But the greatest change was brought into the skills of his spirit bone.

Yin-Yang True Illusion was the same. Instead, there were minor changes to the True Fantasy... Domain. True Fantasy had grown into a domain. Still, already being a partial domain skill, the enhancements weren't much but still a welcomed change.

First thing, the enhancement of the cultivation of allies in his domain at Ja Sun's discretion had grown from 30 to 50%. Ordinarily, Ja Sun would be screaming bloody mary at the unfairness... but not anymore. Aside from the final change that placated his anger, there was an addition to the domain— the ability to manipulate the minds of those infected by the poison of Nightmare's Fantasy, aka his fourth spirit skill, Heaven's Descent.

Finally, the passive skill of the spirit bone— The Third Eye of Dream— not only absorbed mental energy passively... which was useless since it wouldn't grow at this point, but also spirit energy, the boost that Ja Sun was in need of.

And all these benefits were brought by the small portion of the divine intent of a Godly Tiger. Ja Sun now planned to strip the Stat Luo Empire thoroughly. His bandit senses tingled and made him realize that... he may benefit from the Imperial Tigers again. The thought of it made him smile.

But aside from the concrete changes, Ja Sun observed his surroundings. If he focused, he could 'see' particles in the air. However, instead of particles of dust that reflected light, Ja Sun saw a myriad of new things. The small particles came in various colors, shapes, and sizes. Some looked like small green ants, others were various colored swords, staffs, and other weapons. Not only that, there were even tiny houses and stuff... the size of a particle of dust.

However, Ja Sun couldn't keep his view in this state for long. The load on his consciousness was massive and that's why Ja Sun realized why his master placed focus on more basic cultivation at later stages than to try and grow more enlightened. Although a truly talented individual can understand a law, it isn't necessarily a good thing. Ja Sun now realized, just like how divine energy is a greater form of spirit energy, 'law' is a greater form of information regarding a specific aspect of reality...

And understanding that massive of the piece of information would only suppress one's consciousness should they be weak.

That's right.

These particles are nothing more than representations of laws that form reality.

One must spend years to focus on a particular aspect that is suited to them to learn and understand a law... but Ja Sun wasn't worried. Now he was clear what the big leagues are and he also understood the value of a few items he had with himself.

With a thought, Ja Sun produced three items.

One was a sapphire tetrahedron and the other two were similar orbs of crystals.

The Vast Sea Cosmic Shroud and the two Evil-Eyed Sage's Third Eye(s).

Ja Sun no longer felt any divine presence on the two orbs but they were more special than he had initially realized. Meanwhile, the Vast Sea Cosmic Shroud looked quite simple, too but Ja Sun knew better. He had long categorized the object to a similar level compared to the Evil-Eyed Sage's Third Eye.

However, seeing that he was surrounded by his lovers... god, the thought of calling two beautiful women his lovers still sent excited shivers down his spine, but aside from the moment's distraction, Ja Sun realized that trying to probe the object in such an intimate location wasn't one of the best ideas he had. Storing the Vast Sea Cosmic Shroud and the two eyes, he thought for a moment and proceeded to get ready and leave.

Before he could move from the spot, however, his hands were caught. Both of them.

"Did you not know that a spider never lets her prey go?" Bibi Dong whispered as she climbed up while Ah Yin's vines demonstrated that grass can be quite clingy, too... especially with completion around.

"It's morning, for shame, the two of you," Ja Sun snorted, "If we do it during the daytime, we do it right— In your office!"

Bibi Dong blinked in surprise before her eyes narrowed down, "Well, tell your subordinates back at your side to wait for another day then."

---

With the marriage concluded, Qian Daoliu silently leaving, and Bibi Dong taking another day for herself, and every other member of the team taking a day for themselves, the various guests that wished to converse with the prodigious team could only leave. Everyone had their own jobs to take care of and needless to say, Bibi Dong's actions acted against her interests as her disregard for a healthy conversation regarding her future prospects within the Spirit Hall left various elders greatly dissatisfied.

But here came the play of personal political power Bibi Dong had amassed. If it was before when she only had her personal accomplishments in cultivation and Qian Xunji's name then yes, her current actions would be hard to glaze over. But now she boasted an impressive resource point, that, through Ah Yin's and Ja Sun's assistance, was already showing signs of recovery years before the prediction of the elders.

She had many subordinates, a property with a great number of strong spirit beasts, and because of Tang Yuehua, Bibi Dong was actually in one of the safest spaces possible. If anyone wanted to oppose her or even send a troop of spirit masters then they would have to first go through the encirclement of the Clear Sky Sect.

Bibi Dong was aware of this advantage early on, hence, her efforts in communicating with Spirit Hall and the Clear Sky Sect's various clans to at least be a well-impression acquaintance.

Bibi Dong's current prestige could only be questioned by the elders based on their cultivation and nothing else for she had already reached their level in terms of political strength and financial potential and openly acting against Bibi Dong would not be in their own interests. So, sucking up their dissatisfaction, they left.

Xie Xan and Hu Lana didn't spend wait out on their honeymoon and instead got back to work. It was simple, really. The couple had gotten the most vacations out of everyone and thus, Bibi Dong did not give them any more vacations.

Of course, within the group, the news of Bibi Dong sharing the night with Ja Sun and Ah Yin was quite a saucy one but by the second day after the marriage, the group had been separated by their duties once again although they would usually meet up once or twice a week.

Despite now 'free' Bibi Dong didn't let others venture into the wild for opportunities. They were invited to Tang Hao's and Dai Mu's engagement ceremony and Bibi Dong planned to make everyone attend it.

This caused Ja Sun to make do with what he had and he easily found himself interested in the Evil Sage's Third Eye.

Once again brought into a strange space after communicating with the orb, Ja Sun found himself staring at the various eyes in the dark space that were the only source of light with a hint of fascination.

Laws!

Ja Sun had already touched upon the existence of the observation of laws and that by itself took a massive load on his consciousness but this...

It was too gentle and filtered and simply catered to the elements his martial soul had.

Once again Ja Sun regarded the three sources of light and like the first time he entered this location, he decided to send his divine consciousness towards the personification of Evil Title.

It was a horizontal made of grey mist. The darker filaments of the iris looked dull but the eye was very much alive. Even after understanding what his martial soul's only two skills were, Ja Sun only grew more confused by the concept of 'evil.' Just what is considered evil in terms of affinity?

The two skills weren't evil in any manner but were simply attributed as such and it didn't make sense to Ja Sun. Even Bibi Dong did not have any knowledge on her second martial soul, which by itself only devoured the soul origin of the comparable opponents which, in a way, was the concept of eating.

Is eating evil?

Or is the evil attribute simply destined to be freaky?

Ja Sun didn't linger on his confusion for long and instead focused on the grey eye. He now realized why he could only vaguely feel realizing something while gazing at the eye. Surely, if he spent some time, maybe a few years, in fact, he would have understood it. But since his mental energy had already turned divine, he now realized that the energy surrounding the three eyes in this space was purely made of laws that he observed in the real world.

However, the laws in the real world comprise of everything. Filtering through them is a task unworthy to be mentioned because it takes a horrifying period of time and effort.

This tool— the Evil Sage's Third Eye, has the function of filtering laws that pertains to one's body, in this case, one's martial soul. And since one's martial soul is part of a spirit master's spiritual heritage— the Bloodline, then the laws filtered here would be optimal to study and understand.

The more Ja Sun focused on the grey eye, the dazed he grew.

But he forcefully broke himself out of this trance.

Evil Attribute sounds amazing. It did back then and still does, but Ja Sun understood that this thing is a wild card. Instead, he wanted to focus on the abilities and martial soul he had already invested greatly in.

With a thought, he focused on the dazzling green vertical pupil and the fluctuations of space, light, and spirit couldn't be more apparent.

56