The Voyage Must be Enjoyed (1)
193 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ja Sun silently sat in front of the Emerald Lake with Qian Daoliu's body laying next to him. It has been days that Ja Sun kept a watch over Qian Daoliu's condition after his return while the entire world outside King's Lair was being unified under the Great Blood Cleanser— Qian Xunji.

Again, Ja Sun's domain was not the best thing out there and its limitations would be known to any smart individual who has the strength or treasure to survive the ordeal and Ja Sun considered Qian Xunji to be one such individual. So, it was pretty easy to realize that the world outside could not do anything against Xunji. All the great clans and the remaining Empire lowered their heads and if Yuehua was worried that Xunji might use her family as a means to exact vengeance on Ja Sun and maybe demand Bibi Dong... her worries were unfounded.

While Xunji hated Ja Sun now more than his rational thinking should have allowed, he... was actually a 'good' leader. What could Xunji not have? Women, he did not care. None met his eyes. Rivals, he had none for the only one that could hope to match the God was not a rival but a hated enemy.

The first day after being released from the confines of Innate Domain: Battlefield of Madness, Xunji unified the human world. On the second day, he conquered every sentient spirit beast on the continent, and on the third day, he set a large conference amongst the men and the beasts that set every remaining sentient living being in King's Lair as the traitor of the continent which included beings like Snow and Scorpion Empress who made a choice and placed their bets on Ja Sun.

This was a simple but effective tactic as even if Xunji didn't directly attack Yuehua's family and other's friends, families, and tribes then he now had many around him whom we wished to curry favors with the god so it was only the strength of Clear Sky Clan that deterred these ideas.

Not only that, after the Spirit Hall's treasury, had been cleaned, something Ja Sun loved Bibi Dong a lot for, Qian Xunji dismantled the Spirit Hall and Elder's Hall.

Now, by the end of the fourth day, everything was under the rule of the Spirit Empire and unlike what others expected, no human got a free pass at gaining strong spirit rings. If things grew better for civilians under their God's regime, it only grew bitter for spirit masters. Xunji, for all his vices, only preferred excellence and none of the 100000-year-old beasts outside King's Lair was forced to become anyone's spirit rings. Instead, to preserve beasts, there were stricter regulations in places where there existed more than 10 beasts above the age of 1000 years!

Ja Sun knew it for a fact that Xunji planned to form various talent centers that actively sought hidden gems pressed by the richer spirit masters through a series of more comprehensive tests.

As for why Ja Sun knew all this...

He looked at the small scroll set in front of him.

After failing to enter the King's Lair thanks to the newfound weakening of his strength and the residence mysterious lady of the lake, Xunji opted to leave a message of his accomplishments and wished for his father to return.

Spirit Empire... this was Qian Daoliu's wish. And even now, the man's martial soul was mutating. Unshackling the man from his previous bindings and Ja Sun knew how Xunji did that.

His ninth spirit ring ability, at least, one of it, had the ability to see-through the cause and effect of anything happening in front of his sight. This allowed Ja Sun to largely understand the skills and thus, laws demonstrated through them and even how Xunji used divine energy to tune the soul origin. This, by itself, was a great inspiration for Ja Sun to help Ja Yin's even more enigmatic inscription array.

He could sense people checking in on him constantly. From Bibi Dong and Ah Yin to the rest of his family, Xiao Wu, too, more than once since she would try to sneak into his embrace but a blue-silver vine would drag the pouty bunny away. Then there were the 'beast' women. Bi Ji, Zi Ji, Bing Bing, and Snow. Not that Ja Sun knew the latter two better but they felt that he should be somehow consoled. After all, Ja Sun hadn't moved for days and it was starting to worry others because he wasn't cultivating or drawing arrays. Violet would try and ask questions about a few arrays to have him open up while Xiao Bei's carrot dishes helped a lot.

But...

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Ja Sun could hear the humor in the tone of the Lady of the Lake as he hummed and replied using his divine intent. The act of repelling a full-blown god from entering the King's Lair only confirmed more of Ja Sun's suspicions which made the 'third' path to divinity proposed by the Lady all the more interesting. Maybe Xunji wasn't the most entertaining thing he should look forward to, after all.

"Hell yeah, I am. Ja Yin isn't a screaming bitch, Bing Bing was actually apologizing. Apologizing for me hitting on her! God damn! If I knew sending Master into a comatose state would have had such a reaction, I would have done that years ago!" Ja Sun scoffed and continued, "And they think I need consoling? Master is gonna have a better martial soul and I'm left wondering if I should try ascending right away to screw others over by mutating their martial souls, too... For fuck's sake, even Ah Yin is actually acting sappy around me..."

"But?" The lady inquired.

"What but?"

"We may not have conversed, or have had you lust over me but I have observed you. There is a but."

"Lust over you? I'm not actually going to dip my drip in a lake, sweetheart."

"Don't change the subject."

"No, I'm just saying that it was a weird thing to add."

"Now you're steering the conversation away but I do realize that you wish to be 'convinced' to let out what you're holding back. I'm not interested in such acts of validation." The Lady commented.

Exhaling an annoyed huff, Ja Sun muttered, "Screw you... sure, there is a but. Even with all that... I just kind of feel satisfied. Some people would rather stop their cultivation for days even when they want nothing more than to cultivate... and look out for me. I mean, Bibi Dong is probably getting wet dreams to cultivate and becoming strong to snap Xunji in half... but she has yet to retreat into cultivation."

"Isn't it better to let her cultivate then by assuring her of your well-being?"

"Spoken like a true loner," Ja Sun scoffed.

"Excuse me?" The voice demanded but Ja Sun cut off the mental connection only to hear a soft whisper that felt like grazing past his cheek— "That was rude."

Not replying, Ja Sun stood up and Daoliu's body floated next to him before following Ja Sun as his 'movement' was noted by Ah Yin who had her domain spread around the entire King's Lair and informed others who had been waiting for some time now.

---

"So, we all know that I looted a God and it was probably a one-time thing and the said God must be quite pissed since I did... chop his body for days. Anyway, stay calm—"

Ja Sun had only begun when a large number of sentient beasts around him cheered and made him roll his eyes. Turning to Bibi Dong instead, he muttered, "Your master isn't that well-received here, huh."

Rolling her eyes in response, she kept her silence.

But surprising everyone, Ja Sun added with an utterly indifferent expression, "Anyway, I'm about to leave for a vacation island uninvited because we can't really go out much in the continent. So behave, yeah? Oh, and you all will only leave at your own risk. The Blood God won't take a moment to enslave you as he 'cordially' unified other beasts, too."

His further words only made it clear to every beast that should they get caught and try to raise a ruckus in King's Lair which happened to be Ja Sun's property... there will be hell for them waiting since one thing was a fact in this situation— Beast God USED Blood God as a supply of divine resources. No beast had the thought of going against their very... mortal, but Godly Ruler even if he didn't actually RULE and only did his own things while letting other beasts live.

But, much to Ja Sun's Ah Yin's and Ja Yin's frustration, the 'council' still needed to know what he wanted.

As the team leader, even if not the strongest, Bibi Dong was well-respected within their own group. In fact, she has always been the one to set the course for the group's destination and this was the first time Ja Sun did something similar. But the moment they were alone, he was quick to hand her back the responsibility. Nobody needed that shit.

After hearing what Ja Sun intended... and why, Bibi Dong had another reason to be pissed at gods. Sure, Ah Yin teased Ja Sun about something ever since they had their personal trip and she got her final spirit soul but only now did Bibi Dong realize how close Ah Yin was to death during a tribulation meant to deal with Ja Sun.

Looking over at the table in the living room of their spatial hut, Bibi Dong remarked sternly, "God inheritance is one of the better methods to ascend. With Ja Sun stripping my former master's core strength... his hold of the continent is only 'mortal' at best. But, Qian Xunji wouldn't easily fall for the same tricks and that makes the battle harder because even if Ja Sun can fight him off, it doesn't mean we can, and until we rectify the situation, we are glorified prisoners at best."

She looked at everyone present. Three of her family members were pregnant, too, and even if Bibi Dong never cared for anyone else's children, she did care for Xie Yue and the pregnancies due. And to let them grow in such confinement while counting days that Xunji might just get another method to grow strong was not Ja Sun's or Bibi Dong's way of doing things.

After all... Xunji did become a god without an inheritance. His devious intellect may have failed against Ja Sun's gifts and willingness to adopt torturous means to make the best use of them but nobody could be sure for how long would that work.

"Ja Sun feels we should move out and settle on an Island known as Sea God Island. It is not well known in the center of the continent but the Sea God Island is referred to as Sea Devil Island near the western coastal cities that Qian Xunji turned barren with his poisonous ways."

"I've heard of it," One of the two new additions solely because of her relationship with Bibi Dong than Ja Sun, Snow furrowed her snowy white brows, "One of the most well-known million-year-old beasts hated Sea God Island. But..."

"Yeah, I killed it," Ja Sun shrugged, "He still has that mate of his, right? The one that escaped? She would be the one currently controlling the remaining Whales. And instead of keeping you in mystery or guess, Sea God Island has an inheritance of a God named Poseidon."

And with his smirk turning into a devilish grin as the other members were certainly interested in it, Ja Sun chortled, "So, back off. I'll strip that inheritance to its gory bits and set a temple of my name over Poseidon's. Maybe take his priest, and let his followers worship me, too. Of course, as I said... I do want you to tag along but not for this personal mission of mine. The sea, ironically, holds spirit beasts of every nature and most of them can swim. So, they will prove a pretty great method for training. Besides, there are supposed to be mermaids there."

As a rogue he has been, Ja Sun cackled, "Let's capture a few and party when I DO strip the last of Poseidon's influence!"

"Um... Master, why are you fixated on Poseidon?" Violet inquired quietly.

Before he could answer, Ah Yin remarked with a calm and collected smile, "Because I was barely scratched by the god's tribulation but you know your master. He couldn't bear the sight of his BELOVED getting hurt even for a second."

With Ah Yin emphasizing one of his more embarrassing moments, Ja Sun gritted his teeth and pursed his lips as others instantly piled on.

"Ooh, what a romantic sap~" Lana gushed.

"Heh, someone's furry and soft among us, hush, he might just be a softy from the inside, too." Oscar snickered.

"Haha! You're emotionally weak!"

Everyone grew silent and stared at the violet-haired woman who was a perfect picture of a mature femme fatale as Ja Sun leaned towards Bibi Dong and 'whispered' in not quite soft words.

"So that's Feng Liu? The one who likes getting on her knees?"

Equally annoyed that her subordinate had the gall of ever mocking her husband, Bibi Dong instantly gained venomous thoughts to 'punish' Firebird Douluo as she replied loud enough, "Not just on her knees, but also on her hands."

***

Support the Fanfic through comments, likes, reviews and such (if the published site allows it—your boy's multi-site-nal!) and of course, the big P!

Shoutout to Jordan williams!

Read 60 advance chapters on—

Patreon.com/fanharem

9