Evil’s Worst Nightmare (1)
793 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xie Yue was the most excited as the Yacht finally left the red waters for a blue one. The sky cleared up, too, as if a border divided the rest of the ocean from the area near the coast of the Douluo Continent. And that is the truth. Qian Xunji had permanently changed the environment of that particular region and made it inhospitable for most. However, Ja Sun believed that even such a poisonous environment would soon birth creatures of its own. That's just how heaven worked.

"Yay! Dad! Let's fish!" Xie Yue giggles and jumps into Xie Xan's arms as Ja Sun, lounging with a rather handsome grey-haired man in his boxers while wearing black shades, jeers from the sideline, "Yeah, Xan! Fish a 100000-year-old beast! I can sense quite a few underneath us!"

His words made Xie Xan's lips twitch.

"Oh? That many?" Hu Lana hums as she wore swimwear, too, and looks over at the man lounging between her and Sun, "Grandmaster, would you like something to drink?"

Then both Ja Sun and Hu Lana snickered, prompting Yuehua to speak up, "You two should just let Grandmaster rest. He still hasn't woken up, after all..."

"Just letting him enjoy the sun," Ja Sun shrugs with a mischievous smile and then stands up. Strangely, Hu Lana and Xie Xan grow quiet, too, while Xiao Bei, Snow, Bing Bing, and every other powerhouse on the yacht rush out, too. Groaning, Xie Xan sets his son down and smiles, "Yue'er, be a good boy and play with your Sister Wu, alright?"

The boy pouts but nods regardless and just returns to the ship.

"Why do you think they are surrounding us?" Snow questions once the boy left and looks at Ja Sun with a weird expression, "Didn't you say we are free from the sight of the Blood God?"

"We are," Ja Sun shrugs, "But his sight alone. Others can sense us, well, they can sense you guys. Not me, Ah Yin, Ja Yin, and even Bibi."

Violet curiously leans over the railing and hums, "Maybe they want to make sure we aren't planning to attack them."

Walking over, Ja Sun looks equally curious, "I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't sense the Whale who escaped last time, the Demonic Whale's mate, I mean. Is she around here?" He looks back at Bi Ji who nods in reply, "Yes, the territory of Demonic Whales should be about 300 kilometers west."

"Why? Still not satiated?" Bing Bing crosses her arms and questions while still feeling for the worse due to seasickness. Letting his gaze fully rest on her, Ja Sun smirks, "Maybe I'm not. Why? Are you volunteering?"

Bing's lips part in surprise before she flushes in anger. Before she could dig her grave, Snow pats her head and smiles, "What did we talk about being bratty?"

"B- But he is hunting other beasts' mates now!" Bing Bing scowls in reply. She still couldn't wrap her head around how many proud beasts were falling for a... man!

"Hey, what kind of monster do you think I am?" Ja Sun scoffs.

"A terrible one?" Lana chimes in.

"Oh, I know, a lustful one," Erlong sneers from the side but quickly averts her gaze when Jun'er shot her an equally mocking stare.

"You're all wrong, of course," Ah Yin hums, "My husband is not a monster."

"Thank you," Ja Sun sighs and shakes his head. Although, in hindsight, he should have seen the next thing coming.

"He's just a slut addict!"

"Oh, making new words like Bitch Paws, eh?" Oscar chuckles.

"My point is!" Ja Sun interjects before anyone else could share their two bits, "I didn't ask her location to have sex with a whale. The idea is neat, but no. Having sex with a scorpion sounds more adventurous than that."

"Wha—?" Bing Bing gasps but Ja Sun continues, "I just want a good measure of the territories. After all, the overlords of the ocean will soon have to decide which faction to pick."

"Faction?" Bi Ji questions and adjusts her glasses.

"There is a Blood God and I suppose, with her inheritance, Bibi Dong will be the next person to become a true rank 100 god, too. So, obviously, those weaker than them will have to pick sides."

"What about you, Master?" Violet questions. She simply considers him the strongest— god or not.

"Me? Of course, I am stronger than gods... so does it matter?" As others rolled their eyes at his reply, the ocean boiled around them but instead of turning over due to the sudden shift in tides and weather, the ship remained steady. But Bing Bing quickly covered her mouth and then glared at Ja Sun who stared at her with a smirk.

*Gsssh*

*Gssssh*

*Gsssssssh*

Ja Sun and others silently watch as men with varying features burst out of the surface of the ocean with a rather great show of strength. There are five of them, each a beast above the age of 100000 years. They each stood on a pillar of water with scale-like armors covering various parts of their bodies and ranging from bright colors such as yellow to somewhat dull and stony grey. Horns, long hair, fish scales, webbed fingers, and toes, too, probably. Aquatic features were deliberately formed in their human persona as if they didn't turn human for the sake of it but to distinguish themselves compared to the 'humans' on board.

In fact, this form of finetuning was the same thing Zi Ji did to herself. From her palm-sized fleshy inky purple wings to her thick and meaty reptilian tail and her scaly claws. This did not mean Zi Ji or these beasts were stronger than the usual human form. Instead, most of them were now as weak as a titled douluo above the realm of rank 96.

"Is this how you welcome your Beast God?" Bi Ji takes charge which was wholly appreciated as Ja Sun eases somewhat and leans against the railing next to Violet. The central one of the five beasts still keeps his arms crossed. Tusks were formed from under his lower and upper lips alongside a bony decor of necklace and earpieces over his bright blue scaly armor which gave him a savage appearance.

"We do not wish to insult the honor of Beast God," he speaks, his tone, unlike his body, is a bit shrill. "But the Beast God, like the previous one, is for the beasts of the Continent. And the Continent has a new god. Another human who chose to destroy the ocean."

"And our Ruler faced him directly. Not only that, he beat the new Blood God," Bi Ji calmly narrows her eyes and adjusts her glasses once again, "Please state to what we owe this welcome. And I request you to not insult our intelligence by lying and should just state what ails you."

"Nothing ails us except the frivolity of Humanity against nature and the sea," the leftmost, thinner spirit beast with jagged teeth glared at Ja Sun, an offense that the magnanimous Beast God is willing to ignore.

"If that were to be true, the five overlords of the territory would not have joined each other. I realize, Sovereign Sea Python, that your territory was ruined by Blood God. But instead of conquering the nearest area... the five of you have joined hands. Against a common enemy, I presume," Bi Ji smiles.

"Maybe—" Sovereign Sea Python was about to speak when Zi Ji just rolls her eyes and glared while releasing a tremendous archaic drake aura of hers, "Just answer her, or I'll eat one of you for every question you waste!"

Bi Ji merely nods, not even trying to instill more lady-like manners into Zi Ji— a combined effort of the Emerald Swan and Clear Phoenix, to be precise— since they were still up against a relatively formidable force.

The central beast finally sighs and nods, "Aye... a common, vicious enemy. From the continent. It's as if the beasts and humans of the continent simply cannot see right... and this one is evil."

Ja Sun blinks at this because he realizes that the Elephant Tuna Beast wasn't calling their enemy's act evil... but the beast's nature itself.

"And what do you expect us to do? We did not set sail to mingle in the troubles of other territories," Bi Ji hums. If it was before, she would have tried to help regardless but she now worked under Ja Sun... and as loyal, hardworking, and earnest to show that she has what it takes to fill this role and many others, Bi Ji knew that Ja Sun would not help for free. Not to outsiders, anyway. He simply follows a code, she realized. Whether a small one or a large one, a price must be exacted for any service they provide.

The Elephant Tune Beast nods in understanding, "It is true... that the beasts of Sea and the Land have their differences. But this time... this beast is demonic. It adapts to various tactics in a moment and has yet to reveal its full strength. He hunts at our schools almost every week and the only thing that stops him from attacking us directly is our alliance. He can't handle five of us together... but that will change soon."

"Get. to. the. point." Zi Ji seethes and snarls in a low tone, finally earning herself a reproachful stare from Bi Ji.

"Ehm," the central beast clears his throat, "We shall pay from the collective treasury of our schools. The deepest, darkest, and most mysterious treasures of the ocean will be yours to pick if you help us."

While Bi Ji contemplated the offer, a rather curious tone questions the five of them, "Why can't I just loot you and take on the beast giving you a hard time?"

This earns Ja Sun all the focus other five beasts were afraid to provide since they had heard rumors from other beasts...

But this is something they needed to face.

One of the beasts, one with a deer's antlers emerging from his forehead sighs and smile, "You could, Beast God. If Treasures meant everything to us, we would have fought for them till our last breath. The Ocean is vast. More than we can imagine and even 100000-year-old beasts like us can only occupy a tiny portion of it collectively. Only one individual has ever explored the mystery of ocean till its deepest trenches—"

"Yes, Poseidon," Ja Sun turns his gaze to the rather soothing waves of the ocean and smiles, "We know each other... from a common cause."

"Treasures alone won't work," he turns to the five beasts, "We're here for some time and our... objective would require my family to be trained adequately to face aquatic spirit masters and beasts," he demands quite openly, "We'll stay here and you'll command the beasts in your schools to spar with them and prepare them. Of course, no kills, that's rather obvious. And describe the beast that's troubling you."

While the Flood Dragon Beast did have a certain charm of a leader to him, it was the Elephant Tuna Beast that held the reigns.

So, the beasts grew silent for a while and realized that the conditions stated... were truly not overbearing. The rumors suggested that the Beast God would want to beat them to the inch of their life but would leave them alive... yet, the Beast God turned out to be far kinder.

Then again, his mission was to become a Grandmaster in any one of the laws of reality and induce a tribulation to become a god. The rank and reward would be granted to him based on his task itself.

Beating other beasts... just did not give him any benefits. That's all.

Ja Sun lived for benefits.

Oh, and tits, too. That is equally important.

"We can agree on the terms... as for this beast... it is a vile one. Even five of us cannot stop him from escaping. His tail poisonous than the abyssal scorpions and his fangs is sharper than the Sea Dragon! We aren't strongest in the Ocean but the five of us can even contend with the school of Demonic Whales... yet, this beast..."

As he continued, Ja Sun's eyes soon brightened.

***

Alternate Title: Ja Yin Didn't Get a Welcoming Party!

***

Support the Fanfic through comments, likes, reviews and such (if the published site allows it—your boy's multi-site-nal!) and of course, the big P!

Shoutout to caleb boggs, j n, and NornBeChill!!

Read 60 advance chapters on—

Patreon.com/fanharem

Join the discord.

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

11