Mind Veins and Training Schedule
3.6k 4 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell!?" Shouted Nox in shock.

Even after he stopped the spell, Mind kept circulating in his body, there were no longer glowing veins due to the lower intensity but it was still there.

'Could it be? It seems that unlike the Mind Cycle which I must continuously keep active, this spell is merely needed to start the circulation and after that it keeps going!'

Once he thought this, Nox forced himself to calm down and started meditating again.

'Even without using the spell, I can change the intensity of the circulation! It seems that rather than a spell that continuously expends Mind it's more like a spell that reserves a portion of my Mind pool to keep the effects working even after I deactivate it!'

'The permanent strengthening effects are better than Mind Cycle's too but still barely noticeable. However, unlike Mind Cycle this one can be kept going 24/7!'

Thus, Nox named this new spell.

Mind Veins: Creates a circulatory system that reserves a portion of the user's total Mind to keep going. Enhances all physical attributes like strength, agility, reflexes, perception, endurance etc making the user's skin and flesh tough like a monster's. Also increases the power and efficiency of spells. Recovers Mind (not the reserved part), stamina and health at a constant rate. All effects change based on how much of the user's Mind pool is reserved.

'Wow! This is the first spell I've made that can match and exceed the many powerful spells of other adventurers! To think I managed to do this even before having the spells of others to use  as references. I'm awesome indeed!' Thought Nox to himself proudly and a bit smugly.

Now the question was what to do next. The constant flow of Mind was recovering his physical and mental energies so he didn't feel like sleeping at all. In the interest of research he decided to keep going until he actually felt the need to sleep so he decided to just find his limits when it came to his new Mind Veins namely how power could he handle, before it damaged him, how much could he keep going 24/7 without discomfort, that sort of thing.

And so, Nox spent the whole night until his meeting with Finn right before dawn. As a result, he got to test everything he wanted. It seemed that the most Mind he could reserve without causing any strain was about 10%, in this case, the physical boost was not as great as mind cycle but it also worked on other things other than his physical abilities.

For combat purposes in case he wanted a larger boost, Nox could go up to 50%. At this level, the boost was significantly more powerful than Mind Cycle's while also working on other things other than his physical abilities it. But in caveat, it continuously damaged his body, at 50% was the point of equilibrium in which his accelerated healing and continuous damage cancelled each other out.

If Nox went above 50%, while he could gain more power the damage would overwhelm his healing ability. Despite this, he noted that the more power he used and the longer he used, his limit would slowly increase it was something like 0.0001% but it was something and he deduced that as he got stronger, the limit would also rise.

On another note , it was at 50% that the glow of his Mind Veins became truly noticeable, his violet eyes glowed with the same color and his hair began to float around as if it had its own will, shining violet and white waves of color flowed intermittently from root to point, it gave Nox an otherworldly appearance with an undeniable charm.

Still, it was now nearly dawn so he went to the Twilight Manor's courtyard to meet with Finn. As he walked through the corridors he met Ais and greeted her.

"Good Morning Ais-san! Going to the Dungeon already?"

"Morning . . . What about you?" Said Ais slowly as if considering how to express her intentions with the minimum amount of words possible.

"I have a meeting with the captain about how my training will be handled otherwise I'd be going to the Dungeon as well!" Answered Nox.

Ais seemed to consider for a bit before speaking again.

" . . . I'll go with you?"

'Are you asking me if you can come or telling you will?" Thought Nox before responding.

"Cool! I'd love to have your company!"

"Mhm!" Said Ais with a small but extremely beautiful smile.

'Truly beautiful like a goddess! Guess my response was good enough for her.' Thought Nox.

Since Ais wasn't the talkative type, he didn't try to awkwardly extend the conversation so the pair just walked through the corridors until they reached the courtyard in a pleasant silence and good mood. Finn was already there and he wasn't alone.

Riveria, Gareth and Tiona were there as well along with two other people he met during the meet and greet after he joined.

One was Anakitty Autumn better known as Aki, a Level 4 cat person with long black hair and tail. She was wearing a black and white outfit along with dark brown boots while keeping a sword in a black sheath on the left side of her waist. Nox's first impression was that she was quite friendly.

The other was Level 4, Alicia Forestlight, a beautiful elf with golden hair and green eyes. She had an older sister type attitude and was quite popular in among the younger members of the Loki Familia, she was also extremely loyal to Riveria.

"Good morning everyone! I'm not late am I?" Greeted Nox.

"Not at all Nox, I gathered everyone one here beforehand to talk to them so you're actually right on time!" Said Finn. "And I see you brought company. Good morning Ais! Were you interested in Nox's training?" Added Finn.

Ais cutely tilted her head to the side for a bit before nodding.

"Okay then! Nox, Do you know everyone here?"

"Yes, I've met them all before." Answered Nox before greeting everyone in order.

After this Finn spoke again.

"Excellent! Since your skill set allows you to benefit from learning multiple things, I've assembled a group of instructors to teach you various combat skills. I will teach you the spear and dagger, Gareth will teach you shield and armor techniques as well as two handed weapons, Tiona will teach you unarmed and unarmored fighting, Aki will teach you the sword and finally, Alice will teach you the bow."

"Every day, before dawn you'll practice with one of them in the order I announced them with while at night after your daily dungeoneering you'll practice magic with Riveria. Since ours is an exploration type familia we'll prioritize combat abilities and techniques for now. After you get a good enough grasp, we'll have someone teach you the production type skills."

"You'll be learning together with Lefiya who I think you've met already!" Said Riveria.

"Yes I have, Thank you in Advance everyone!" Said Nox while giving a slight bow.

"The promised demonstration of magic will be in the first lesson as well." Riveria added.

Noticing Ais fidgeting in the background, Riveria asked her if she wanted to participate so it became settled that she would have the last turn and the practice with her would be pretty much all sparing since she did things mostly by instinct.

"You'll need some basic weapons and armor of several categories before starting. The familia will arrange that for you but you will owe some money. Don't worry though, with your talent you'll repay the cost of some basic gear in no time!" Added Finn in the end as he showed some weapons and armor displayed behind them.

Hearing this, Nox interjected.

"Oh! I caught a Jack Bird yesterday so I can probably afford it!" He said casually leaving everyone there dumbfounded and them they started shouting stuff impossible to understand over one another.

"Let me get this straight . . . You entered in the dungeon for the first time in your life yesterday . . . And caught a Jack Bird!?" Asked Finn after settling down everybody else.

"Yep!" Replied Nox with a bright smile.

Tiona immediately jumped on him and started rubbing their bodies together.

"Um? Tiona-san? I'm greatly enjoying this but . . .Why?" Asked Nox.

"Trying to see if some of that luck rubs off onto me!" Tiona answered seriously.

Did Nox try to push her away like a beta japanese protagonist?

HELL NO!

"Fair enough! Do it as long as you like!" Exclaimed Nox.

While everyone looked at the two with some disbelief, Ais made a thinking face before joining while saying. "For good luck?"

"Sure, sure! Go right ahead!" Said Noc while thinking. 'I'm in heaven baby!'

But then Tiona asked a question in a suggestive tone.

"Hey Nox-kun' What's this hard thing rubbing against me~?" As an amazoness she lacked the common reservedness and shame.

"That my dear Tiona . . . Is the result of having two beauties like you and Ais grinding on me." Nox whispered in her ear his hot breath tickling her.

She wanted to tease him but ended up being teased instead. Ais who was hugging Nox's back had also developed a slight blush. It seemed she was not as clueless and airheaded as she seemed to be.

But all good things must come to an end so they split up and after everyone left to do their daily tasks, Nox and Finn remained behind since he had the first turn teaching Nox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Kage of Kages, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

120