Hunt For Evilus I
274 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Just let me worry about that. I've got a very neat idea but you definitely need a decent magic stat to implement it. If fact, rather than giving it tertiary importance, I think I'll move it to secondary like agility." Nox decided, already in his own world with all kinds of plans in his head.

From that point on, Nox made the changes in the stats Chigusa had but since she was still a Level 1 adventurer, it was more deciding on her future path rather than making big changes to the current her, at least in terms of her falna.

She got new gear and multiple weapons to use though and she was to refine her skills in the dungeon under supervision.

Some of the girls would use a special magic item to temporarily go back to Level 1, basically a reverse of the Level Boost effect, so that Chigusa could practice team battles while the remaining girls would keep their level so as to guard the group from high leveled threats.

Meanwhile, Nox decided not to go back to his Project Unlife right away. instead, he got to work designing a spell which he had already thought of but was still working out how to make it real. Now however, he was also working with the intention of adapting it so others could use it as well.

Unfortunately, after a few days of this routine passed, the dreaded delays came back to haunt him and mess up his plans though granted, Nox was already within the bounds of the original series in terms of plot progression so events happening left and right was not merely a strong possibility but an actual certainty.

As for how he came to find out about this upcoming event?

Nox was living his day to day as per usual but, while he was gambling with the guys and gals of the Hermes Familia like he did semi regularly, he heard Lulune mention something.

She had just been cleaned out on the poker table and could not afford to blow more of her money gambling so she started trying to pull out the charm and borrow from her companions so she could keep playing.

None of the members ever tried to borrow from Nox, at least not for gambling, it was a tacit understanding and a way to keep their current relationship as it was. If they started borrowing from him, Pandora's Box would be open and as time went on, things would inevitably change.

Trying to squeeze it out of other members from their familia however, was absolutely fine but as expected from a bunch of serial gamblers and scammers, they kept a very tight grip on their money because they wanted to blow it themselves.

This sort of thing was all too common in the gambling sessions Nox had participated in the past but it was Lulune's reaction after she failed to coax money out of anyone that caught his attention.

"Cheapskates!" The tan chienthrope shouted.

"No matter, I've got a really good job lined up. A simple pick up and delivery that pays stupidly well. I'm gonna definitely clean you all out once that money comes in." Lulune boasted.

The others just laughed, not at the job part but at her boast that she would clean them all out. Making references to jobs they had lined up was all to common for them but this time Nox recognized from his current spot in the timeline and the vague description, exactly which job Lulune was actually talking about.

Indeed. This was part of the plot, not in Danmachi but in Sword Oratoria, the series focusing on the Loki Familia and Ais in particular.

In this particular events which should have occurred before the visit to the 59th floor which came earlier thanks to Nox, Ais would have come face to face with Revis, the red haired creature under Enyo/Dionysus and her first demi spirit which would not be the second.

Still, talking of the matter would only meaninglessly arouse suspicion and so, Nox kept quiet and just decided to take a break from his routine endeavours to kept an eye on Rivira where the event would start.

After the gamblision session was over, Nox made his way to the safehouse in the 18th floor where Rivira was situated and, after sending a message to his girls and to Loki that he would be busy for the next few days, he hanged around the Dungeon Town while being completely hidden, just waiting for the individuals involved in the whole matter to arrive.

Fortunately, he did not have to wait long. It seemed that Lulune's client, who Nox knew to be Fels, Ouranos' aide, had only given her a day's notice and so, the ball started rolling the second night after he arrived.

A man in black full plate armor came up from a lower floor and met Lulune in a hidden bar outside Rivira, built mostly for shady people, with a completely invisible Nox carefully watching the proceedings.

His name was Hashana Dorlia from the Ganesha Familia, or something like that, if Nox was to be honest, he did not really remember the man, he got killed by Revis, the red haired creature quickly and simply, not having done anything of note.

He had been hired, also by Fels, to retrieve something from a lower floor, a "seed", one of those weird little Fetuses that made Demi Spirits. It was Lulune's job to take the said item off his hands and bring it to Fels on the surface but Enyo had other ideas and assigned Revis to recover it . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

8