Chapter 12: A bit more
292 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 12: A bit more]

 

I have taken some time to better study my magic. This has caused me to learn greater nuances in what I do. For example, water produced from my magic dissipates seconds after I create it. Not as in water vapor, but as in ceases to exist.

I looked in my book to find why. For some reason the explanation was several pages after the section I learned magic from. So apparently what I am doing is basic or “imitation” magic that uses mp to create a fake copy of the element. It act exactly like the intended element while cast and afterwards it turns back into mp which scatters in the atmosphere. This explains how it was so easy to use, I simply emulate the element with pure mp saving many difficult steps in exchange for efficiency and usability. In the same section it defines more advanced types of magic manipulation and true magic. Manipulation is where you take preexisting materials and wield them with mana. Then there is true magic, said to be the most difficult type. Similar to basic magic, true magic creates an element using mp, however, in true magic complex processes are utilized in order to create matter out of the mp which is permanent unlike the mana copies of basic magic.

So today I aim for the dream of every edgy teenager.

Arson

I mean fire magic, yeah that. The reason being fire magic is almost indistinguishable between its basic and true magic forms. Fire constantly dies and is replaced by new fire as long as material sustains it so it is only natural fires caused by magic stay even after the magic is over. This unique trait made me interested enough to get it… along with the natural “fire is cool” belief all children have. Learning it however would prove tricky. While wind and water are both calm fire is much more violent? powerful? intense, intense is what I will go with. Not necessarily evil flame give life as well so I would feel wrong following a negative emotion for this. Focusing on this intensity I practice in front of a small fire I made. Previously I directly exposed myself to the element I was learning but I obviously can’t do that this time. Outside of that things smoothed out and I created a wisp of flame in my palm.

[Skill obtained]

[Fire magic| lv: 1]

[Control fire magic with 10% efficiency]

Yes, now all creatures must fear me or else face my burning might. Okay honestly I can’t see myself using this for anything other than lighting campfires any time soon, too easy to cause a forest fire. That would make Smokey sad after all. I don’t really mind the lack of immediate uses since I really just got this in order to have it.

 With another magic I focused on other projects. There were the standard exercises which gives slow but useful benefits. Other than those I have a couple ventures that I am preparing. One of which has finally become ready to become implemented.

After days of work I managed to create a stone needle. I had been trying not to address it but my clothes are in complete taters. If I don’t want to end up naked soon I will have to make a new set. I have been setting aside tanned skins specifically for this purpose and hopefully have enough materials. I never learned to sew back in my own world but it isn’t too late to learn. And thankfully the survival guide has explanations for emergency clothes which will help the learning process. Whether this would be easier or harder than working with stones has yet to be seen.

So with my needle, a stone knife, a bundle of vine rope, and of course my pile of tanned hides I got to work. First I figured out how much I would need by seeing how the hides wrapped around me and going a bit over that measurement for safety. Cutting the hides into usable pieces proved easy enough with the knife made for this purpose. This left me with a torso price, sleeves, and the front and back of pants, as well as small pieces for shoes. Then came the arduous process of sewing everything together in a way that doesn’t fall apart immediately. This ended up needing to be split over days each filled with work as I learned how to keep everything together. The final result being a decently fit leather outfit straight out of the Stone Age. The only thing left of my old clothes were the underpants which was the best off piece from my old outfit. The rest of which was given a proper burial for lasting so long. While primitive I felt proud of my apparel, partly out of the pride that I made it. I even got a skill after completing it.

[Skill obtained]

[Sewing| lv: 1]

[Sewing speed increased by 20%]

[  |Name: Yellow Stone|

   |Species: human|

   |Class: Scholar|

   |Lv: 2|

   |Hp: 20/20|   |Mp: 45/45|

   |Str: 2|   |Dex: 2|   |Agi: 2|   |End: 2|   |Int: 15|   |Cha: 2|   |Luk: 2|

   |Skills:  [Basic sword proficiency| lv: 4] [Basic spear proficiency| lv: 1] [Mana circulation| lv: 1] [Basic mana reinforcement| lv: 1] [Fire magic| lv: 1] [Water magic| lv: 1] [Wind magic| lv: 1] [Inspect| lv: 1] [Sprint| lv: 1] [Butchering| lv: 2] [Sewing| lv: 1] [Stealth| lv: 1] [Flee| lv: 1] [Swift legs| lv: 1] |   ]

7