Chapter 26-New victim
969 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what happened to make you able to do that?” I asked, but she looked concerned.

“Before I say why are they here?” She said, it is true that Shinobu and Yuma were behind me.

“That is something we can’t say. I will say though they are my Sister and Mother so you don’t have to worry.” I don’t want to say the reason why Yuma is here is to comfort her if something happens. Shinobu is here because she wouldn’t say no. I just hope she won’t do anything stupid.

“Ok I won’t question it. But please promise this won’t get out.”

“We promise that it won’t get out.” We said, her expression loosened a little and started talking.

“Basically I was a slave at first.” This immediately made me regret asking but I can’t stop now, can I?

“When I was still really young I was put into slavery by my parents. My mom hates me and my father. While my father tried his best with what little money he earned doing odd jobs. She was a wolf beastkin by the way. She was an adventurer and didn’t even care about us at all. At first she was nice to us. But later she started to get worse. Eventually she sold me into slavery and my dad couldn’t do anything about it.” She started to cry like I thought and Yuma went over and hugged her.

“It’s ok you don’t need to worry, we are here. It must have been hard to say. But could you finish?” After a bit she calmed down enough to finish the story.

“When I was a slave I was hit a lot. I wasn’t sexually assaulted at all thankfully but was punched and kicked to the point of broken bones. Eventually I learned to just go unnoticed. Apparently it’s like I died. Eventually when we were working I ran before anyone noticed. I found a bow and started to practice. Eventually I thought I was good enough to enroll in the guild. I wasn’t, I was kicked out of every party I joined. I started going solo. Hunting prey and gathering grass, things like that. I soon learned I could use the skill I learned at the place I was a slave. I eventually got as good as I am. Actually, can I show you something?” She walked outside and we followed. She had her bow out. I was wondering what she wanted to do.


“Can you set a target as far as possible?” I said I couldn’t but Shiro came out of nowhere and put one over 10 Kilometers away.

“Ok that works.” Kat said as she pulled her string. The same thing happened where it felt like she died. She shot and… It hit the target!!? How??! I started to feel her presence again and I was shocked. I could do that with my gun, but how do you do it with a bow?

“See this is what I can do. I can shoot any target from any distance due to practice. I want to help others though as well. And that’s my story. Please don’t ask any questions.” We respected that wish and said nothing as she left


“What was that?” Shinobu asked. I was just as shocked as she is. How long did you practice alone to get that skill with a bow. And how did this stem from being sold as a slave.


“I kind of regret asking though. Who knew it would come to that?” I said back.

“Well we shouldn’t worry about it kids, we have another day to do” Yuma said. She’s right. We shouldn’t worry about it but I just can’t help it. I decided to change the topic.

“Hey Okaa-san?  Can we sleep with you?” I asked, it’s been a while since we saw each other.

“Ok sweetie. If the bed isn’t big enough I will put Luca on the couch ok?” Shinobu and I laughed and we left the school. 

We eventually got to an inn that looked pretty high quality. I checked ‘dark connections’ and… IT WAS THE TOP INN OF THE CAPITAL????!!!!

“Okaa-san, how can you afford this? It is the most expensive and best inn of the capital.” I said surprised. When Shinobu heard she was just as shocked.

“Wow you somehow knew that. Well Luca and I are pretty big adventurers, We got a lot of money for this job so we decided we could live somewhere nice for the span of the school year. You could come every day if you want too.” She answered. I don’t really want to exile Luca to the couch so maybe every once in a while we will go.


We went to their room and Luca was already there, sitting on a couch. She smiled when she saw us.

“Hi babies, Whatcha doin here.” Her speech broke down. First time in a while. Luca can’t really speak properly for long periods of time and eventually she starts talking like this.

“Hi Luca, we are staying here for the night.” Shinbu said. I was starting to get tired and leaning on Shinobu.

“Aww look who is gettin tired. Luca said. I couldn’t really follow after this and only wanted to lay down.

“Where is the bed?” I asked slowly, Yuma led me and Shinobu to her and Luca’s room and Shinobu placed me on the bed. Shinobu turned to leave but I grabbed her and pulled her onto the bed. I don’t really know what happened after that as I drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. Today we have the guild class and since Riona was there we can see what they did yesterday. Shinobu got up today though. I went out of the room and Yuma and Luca were already ready.  Soon Shinobu got up and we ate something before I teleported the four of us to the campus of the school. We went in and I found our classroom for today as it is different depending on the class we teach. Riona was already there and we said our greetings.

“Heya Riona, ready for class?” I asked first.

“Yeah since we get to do our own thing today. Yesterday all that happened was Lily talking about guild work and how it works. I want to tell the little shits about the adventurer side of it.” When she said that I got an idea.

“Wait a second I am leaving for a second.” I teleported to the forest to find something. It’s been a while since I was here. Ahh there it is. 4 Blade wolves for the kill. I quickly killed them and teleported back to the classroom. Kids just started coming in.


“What did you do?” Shinobu asked.


“Secret, just wait a bit.” I answered. Eventually people stopped coming in and it’s time to start. Alice was here again and so was Kat and Ameilia. Sadly Nat didn’t get pushed into a hole last night and came. I really hate him and his friends.. But I don’t really care.


Riona started talking.

“HEY BRATS!!! So we are starting the next class. First thing we are doing is explaining the adventurer side of the guild. Yesterday with Lily you learned about the guild side with working as an employee. Today it is about adventurers. Which the three of us are. I am S-rank and These two are the very first SS-ranks. So you better respect them.” Shinobu and I waved but we can’t really be called ‘Adventurers’ yet as we really didn’t do anything. We let Riona talk.

“What we do is accept quests at the guild to complete and do whatever we are supposed to do to finish said quest. It can be anything from collecting grass to killing monsters to escorts. Of course there are other things like guarding big figures but you have to be a certain rank to accept those. If you fail the exam you start at f-rank. All you do is collect grass. You slowly go up in the ranks and eventually get to A-rank. It is very hard to get past that though. But if you work hard enough or are skilled enough at the start you can.” 

This was mostly what happened during the first class. Riona was talking about guild stuff so I asked Riona something during the break between classes.

“Hey Riona, are we needed here? be honest because if you can handle it for now Shinobu and I can go do something.” I was thinking of taking our first guild quests.

“Honestly you’re not. I was just planning to talk about this stuff. You can use this day as a break. I mean. You are basically running the show after school. How about you guys go to the guild and take some quests. If Lily or Alex comes I will tell them why you are not here.” She suggested what I was thinking. I agreed and grabbed Shinobu and teleported to the guild. We went inside and the same sight was happening: people having fun and eating. We went to the counter and saw a staffer we had never seen before.

“Hey kids this place isn’t for you, Go do something like study.” She said, obviously not knowing who we are.


“Excuse me, can we see Isha. We are new adventurers and have never done anything yet.” Shinobu said sweetly. I knew what she was planning.

“Yeah no, that’s not happening, you are lying.” She then started shouting. “Hey can someone take these brats out!!/?” She shouted. Someone came up and was about to drag us out. He then saw our faces and panicked. Shinobu was still smiling like an innocent girl and I just stared at him. 

“Hey uh I don’t think I can do that to these kids. Get them who they need.” He warned the staffer. She didn’t listen at all.

“No I won’t, they don’t need Isha. If they are adventurers, why are they kids? They should just go gather some herbs or something.” That was when I heard a familiar voice

“What’s going on here? Oh Hi Luna, Shinobu, What brings you today?” That was what Shinobu wanted. Shinobu started talking in a cute voice pretending to cry to seem like the victim.

“Well we were trying to get a quest but this woman tried kicking us out and making us do something like herbs. She called this man over to pull us out but he didn’t and instead said that we should wait here for you. The woman then started to demand that we leave and then hit me.” She said in between cries. That last part didn’t happen but she pulled up her sleeve and there was a bruise. How did that happen? Isha, knowing Shinobu’s antics just rolled her eyes and started to talk to the staff member who was obviously shocked.

“Emily, these are the two SS-ranks, Luna and Shinobu. I know you thought they were kids which didn’t know what they were getting themselves into. But they are much stronger than our S-ranks. Luna does get mentally hurt easily so don’t scare them too much. And as you can see Shinobu likes playing with people like this. But they are both really strong. So don’t put them down like that. They can literally kick your ass.” Isha said to her. Shinobu was laughing but Isha reached out and pulled her cheeks.

“And you Shinobu. Don’t use your status of only being here for about a week as a way to mess with people. Anyways, why are you two here?” I answered as Shinobu was struggling to get out of Isha’s hold.

“We want to do a quest. Since Riona is only talking today for class we aren’t needed today. Have anything We can do?” Isha let go of Shinobu and started looking at the list of quests to do.

“We can’t have an escort quest due to school, and anything that will take more than a day since we need to go back when school ends. So maybe something like killing monsters?” I said to her. And she took a bunch of quest papers out of the stack.


“Here are all the quests we have with those requirements. I recommend the quest that is in that forest you two monsters came out of.” My cheeks puffed a little. What does she mean monsters?

“Ok, we will do it. Let’s go Luna” Shinobu said without giving me a choice. I teleported out and into the forest. Let’s go do this quest.


Emily POV

What happened just now? One moment I was telling a couple of kids off. The next thing I'm told is that said kids are actually the highest level adventurers there are. And what forest. Ms.Isha told me what happened with them.

“Hey Emily, basically they are SS-rank. But they got to that rank by beating Riona, our strongest S-rank. They are called monsters because of where they came from. The first people who saw them were the princess and her brother and knight, out of the Forest of Spirits. If you don’t know, that is one of the hardest dungeons in the world. They also brought like 10 blade wolves which Luna SOLOED!! If that doesn’t scream monsters Emily, I DON’T KNOW WHAT DOES!!!! Anyways don’t do that again. OK?? Thanks”

OOOOOOK I don’t think I should know this but whatever I will just put that in my head for now. I should just listen to the two brats now huh. Hope they do well on the quest. What is it anyway?

Hi again. Sorry the chapter is a little late. I am finishing Deltarune chapter 2 when writing this. I got addicted to genshin again so thats fun. Anyways see you thursday-Winslow

22