Chapter 36-Monster Aura
693 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I go to the club the next day and…

“I can’t believe everyone actually came. I need a way to lower this.” I told my class and the other teachers.

“Why not the laps?” A student suggested.

“Great idea, but how should it be? There are three I want here, and I don’t know if they actually can keep up. Well one can though. ACTUALLY SOPHA!! COME HERE!!” I decided something else here.

“So this is Sopha.”

“You mean the go-*MMMfFF*” Someone was about to say that she was a god. I guess except for Shiro the others are really well known here.

“Yes that one, remember the older student’s don’t know, it needs to be secret. OK?”

“Alright Luna!” They started calling me only by my first name when I got even smaller. I think they all treat me as a younger sister now.

“Also the other teachers don’t know that as well so say nothing.”

“About what.” Shinobu and the others noticed us and asked what’s happening. They left to deal with the older kids.

“We just have a thing for you guys, make sure you don’t look into it.” another student said. I gave discreet thumbs up to them.

“OOH I love surprises. I hope it is a good one!” Shinobu said. That is actually true. She loved them on earth.

Sopha came over so I decided to announce her.

“This is Sopha, she’s is a great fire spirit, I decided that she will be another teacher for this, remember the older kids don’t know, they just know her as another student so don’t say anything about that to them.” the kids nodded.

I went over to the older students and told them what’s happening.

“Alright people, since there are so many of you, we need a disqualification system. How it will work is, if you can beat any student in our laps you get in, of course I will know if cheating occurs.” I decided to just give them that. I then used telepathy to message Ruby and May.

‘Change your points into speed for now, trust me.’ 

In the most recent update, they made it so we can now change how our points are allocated, like I can take points from AGI and put them into STR for no cost at all. So we now have different ways to solve problems, like this for example.

I grouped everyone up and teleported them outside the walls.

“Where are we? weren’t we just in the field?” The other kids were confused, while the younger ones were used to it.

“Wow there is more this time isn’t there.” the guard asked, they got used to us appearing everyday and are now even helping us with this.

“Yeah don’t worry, most of them will be gone tomorrow.”

“I wonder how you will do that.” I think he knows. I just smiled.

“Attention we are now starting our laps!” I announced, the younger kids didn’t care like usual while the older ones… were not really kind about it.

“Wait what do you mean laps, we have to run? I thought it was just fighting.”

“Ugggghh, whyyyyyyyy?”

They were mad but oh well.

“This is what we do every day, two laps around the capital. I said before, you need to beat only one student if you want to join. Here’s a handicap, you only need to do one lap.” This time it was the younger kids, this is the first time they needed to do two laps, I need to make them think it’s fair at least. The older kids cheered.

“That makes it easy!!” Wow you are that confident after that little? Well sorry to bring that ego six feet under.

“When I say go, start. Ok?”

“Hey off topic, do you know about any good ramen shops around, I want to go to one after this.” When I said this, the older kids got confused, but the younger ones started bolting down the track that was made. We did this so much that the guards offered to make a track for us. Of course I paid them a lot for materials and working for building it, it may have been a couple platinum coins. They were really happy when I gave them the money. Oh right they started because I said go, they realized if I say the starting word, in this case “Go” in any way at all, that means to go. Of course the older kids didn’t know and stood around for a bit until they realized what happened. After a couple seconds, Amelia was already done, like usual. So was Shinobu and the other teachers as well as Alice, Kat, and Miley. They all got a much bigger power up then the others. I think the teachers all went up a rank in the guild and the students went up 2. Except for Shinobu of course as she really can’t do that yet. Maybe later she can? 

The older students weren’t even halfway done when everyone was done. So I guess May and Ruby didn’t follow my advice.

“As you can see, no one got in. I don’t remember if I said anything about this, but we do laps everyday to get this kind of speed, it also helps with agility and movement. For example, everyone, do what I did to inspire you.” They all immediately smiled and jumped up onto the wall. They all were super excited when they did it.


“I knew you wouldn’t make it, this was payback for putting yourself over the combat classes because of one person. Now leave, or you can stay and watch, if you can. Everyone get your weapons.”

Only a few kids left, I guess the others thought they could keep up. Well, have fun trying, Mwahahaha!

The kids got into their groups like usual and waited to see what we were doing. I decided to just use ‘Telepathy’ just so we can mess with them more.

‘Ok class, we are doing mock battles again. Please group up according to your teachers. And Sopha, come to me please.’

Thankfully there are enough teachers for each group this time. As the teachers were grouping the students up, I talked to Sopha.

“Heyo Sopha, so as yours didn’t listen to me, you can’t do this, I was counting on May and Ruby getting in for you to help, but you can help them off time. Unless you already are, they need to catch up if they wanna live.” I was talking to Sopha about the two, the real reason is because, if we are getting chosen for a reason, I want it to be something fun.

“Alright I will do that, I’m looking forward to your growth, and so are the other gods.” Wait, other gods are looking at me too? That sent shivers down my spine. Why are other gods watching me? Shiro already took me. Aaaaaand Sopha’s gone. Jerk, leaving me with that vague message. So am I a favorite or something? That’s another thing to put away in my mind and never remember until way later. Oh they are done grouping up.

“Ok everyone, now get in line to start, we can have 1 battle going on at a time.”

The first group went up, Kat who was using a knife this time, versus a sword user. I think it is going to go towards Kat’s favor, since she has the speed advantage over him, of course they all have such high speed stats it might not matter. And because of the range of a sword, it might actually go towards his favor, so I don’t know anymore.

“BEGIN” Lily shouted, as it is her job as a guild official, she usually does this kind of thing, so she knows when it gets too dangerous.

The two ran at each other, blades out, the sword user looked like he was going for an easy win, as his sword was on side Kat wasn’t holding anything. As he swung, Kat quickly blocked the sword with some fancy hand movements and got the knife in her other hand. I guess that is what high dexterity does. I should probably learn how to use my own scythe like that. Yeah I know I have other weapons, but I already mastered my Katanas and knives. I can do fancy tricks with those. Shut up, I do need to be able to show off with my scythe.  Oh, something is happening.

The sword student’s sword was glowing light green. I guess he is using wind magic. Kat on the other hand, she had an aura surrounding her. It was not there physically, but I just knew it was, I felt it, and I could tell the others could too. Including the older kids who probably didn’t know what was happening. Everyone was sweating except for the sword user. I used my eyes and… he was extremely calm. How? This was terrifying but also oddly exciting. Wait, wait, wait, I can see what’s surrounding Kat now, it was like a literal demon! I-I don’t think this is normal, seeing how Shiro is just as shocked as everyone else. I just saw a monster surrounding her. Wait why can I see that anyways.

‘Notice-skill requirements were achieved. Skill ‘Mana eyes’ has been unlocked.’

OOOOOOHHHH, so that’s why. Huh, well I have another skill now, this one will help with my magic as well.

No Luna, don’t go off topic. WHAT THE FUCK, IS THAT!?!?!! Oh wait the sword guy is about to do something.

He swung his blade and a blade of wind came out, so basic. The one projectile sword users use, a wind blade. Doesn’t matter now, what does Kat do?

...She...What? She...She gr-gr-grabbed it. Wi-with her hand… I am just in awe about that, is it that aura surrounding her? Oh he’s been hit by his own blade. Anyways he’s unconscious now.

“STOOOOPPP!!!!” Lily Immediately called off the battle.

“As Timmy is unconscious, Kat wins” Oh so his name is Timmy. Wait… SHE CAUGHT HIS PROJECTILE AND THREW IT BACK IT HIM???!!!!! That took a long time to sink in. Let’s uh go see the older kids. I flew down there with a calm face to make it seem like that was normal.

“So uh, you can’t join us, I think you can see why now. Again you can watch today but don’t bother us.” I then left and went to Shinobu, who was healing the unconscious Timmy.

“Is he doing any better?” I asked, not really caring that much.

“Yeah just stabilized his breathing, doing the heals now.” Thank god Shinobu is really good at all types of magic.

Let’s not think about Kat for now, if it happens again I will ask her about it though.

“NEXT TEAM!!” Oh it's time for the next group. I decided to skip this one and went inside. Shinobu followed.

“Is anyone here?” I asked Shinobu and she shook her head.

“Nope and I even put up a sound barrier. Need anything?” I ran up to Shinobu. Crying, tears just came out all at once.

“ONEE-CHAAAAN!! I-It was so SCARRRRYYYY!!! Please stay here!! I don’t want to be alone!!!” Shinobu just picked me up and  comforted me again.

“It’s fine, I was confused as well, but it's over. How about you go home?” I shook my head in her chest. I was terrified of that.

“No, I want to be with you! Onee-chan never leave me.” I was wailing. Choking on my tears. It was like all of my welled up feelings from the past month are all coming out. After that I just couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“There, there Luna, it's fine now” She was patting my head, I eventually calmed down enough and fell asleep.”

“I guess you didn’t get any better with that mental instability huh Luna. Oh well I love this Luna the best.” Was the last thing I heard before I lost my own consciousness.


Hello again. I know this chapter is sorta late but don't worry, just school sucking again. I will try to finish the next chapter today so I will have something for tuesday but like last time no promises. For now, just don't expect a chapter every time now, I will try though!-Winslow

How do you feel about youtube removing dislikes?
  • I love it! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no preference Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I dislike it. Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I hate it! Votes: 18 41.9%
Total voters: 43
16