Chapter 39-Cry until you can’t
821 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

heya! This is more of a .5 chapter, basically it is a chapter explaining the magic system in Shinobu’s POV as well as a dialogue between her and Shiro, it does have plot though so I still wouldn’t recommend skipping. Also it might get complex but please bear with that.-winslow 

I started forming a spell in my mind.

“How about you three go to sleep as well?” I looked over to the three kids and released my spell, causing them to go unconscious. They should be down for a bit.

 I may have chantless magic, but I still have to make the spell itself. Because of what Shiro did to the magic trees and how my original class works, I have to build the spells from scratch like everyone who didn’t transfer. 

How the magic trees work is you have to use skill points gained by leveling up, and put them into the tree instead of stats. You can use the points to gain new magics or level up ones you already have. The drawback and the reason why Shiro wants us to use magic without the tree is that there is a cooldown as well as using a lot of mana depending on how powerful the spell is. You also can’t customize or make new spells with the trees.

Using spells without the tree allows you to store, spam, combine, and make new spells.

Store allows you to form a spell early and then use them later on while not costing any mana at all as that was used earlier. There is a cap, though it is based on the user’s mana manipulation level. At max level it’s 200 spells, level 9 is 80, 8 is 60, 7 is 40, level 6 is 20, level 5 is 10, level 4 is 8, level 3 is 4, level 2 is 2 and level 1 is one. It is pretty weird but that's how it works. This helps a lot with magic that requires a lot of time and mana as well as the next thing, spam.

With spam you can do exactly that, spam magic. You can store the spells and release them with rapid fire, or add something to the chant to make it quicker and spam magic.

Combining and creating new magic are similar, one is just combining previous magic to make a new one, while the other is making the magic circle from scratch and changing it to a chant that will trigger the magic.

For my blood magic it is just putting in the direct requirements like weight, shape, size and such. 

Of course, like using the tree, this also costs mana, though not nearly as much, so another reason is that it is more cost efficient then the tree is. 

The way that it works without the tree is based on the type of chant to make it, the attributes you put on, and the magic power you have as well as the amount of mana that’s used. Just think of it as a math equation. Magic power*(amount of mana used/4) = power of magic. Power of magic+ element + attributes(size, weight, shape, etc.)= the spell that is used. My blood magic can also use blood I gain by sucking it and use it for a massive powerboost, lowering the cost of mana, and even gets rid of the mana requirement if I have enough.

Of course there are some exceptions for some of this, like for the tree, if you use a spell enough or set a specific motion to it, you don’t have to say it out loud, such as when Riona stomps it will make a piller under her. This isn’t the case with normal magic though. But with the storing it doesn’t matter much.

Movement based magic, again like Riona’s use of the pillar doesn’t require the spell forming or any of that, it just needs you to think of using it. Which is another way to use magic without chanting.

I feel like there is more but this is all I found so far. Hm? How does Luna use magic without chanting? That is just pure intuition and how her mind runs, she doesn’t need to think about all this stuff, and she can usually figure out how to use something without trying to. I don’t know about her succubus magic though, she still needs to use that.

“You did put them to sleep for a reason right sweetie.” I looked up at Shiro as I was lost in thought. How should I word this?

“Why didn’t you do anything to help Luna with this? I’m sure you knew how she was like this for a long time.”

“I think you know why as well. I want her to-” “DON’T GIVE ME THAT SHIT!!” I cut her off before she could finish, before I screamed I decided to put a sound canceling spell on the sleepers so I can be as loud as I need.

“I know for a fucking FACT that you felt bad after seeing that just now.”

“And how do you know that?” Shiro questioned.

 

“I heard your heart change it’s pace.” I, like Luna, can detect people’s feelings, just I know based on heart beat and other signs with the body.

“So what if I felt bad, it’s for-” “NO. IT’S. FUCKING. NOT!!!!” I can only barely hold myself back from attacking. Unlike Shiro who still looked as calm as she normally is. But I can sense she was breaking as well.

“Are you just scared of taking away what she has? Or is it because you don’t want her to know and take your position?”

“Because she isn’t ready yet.” Shiro answered in her calm demeanor, though she is anything but calm right now.

“What do you mean by that? All I see is a cowering god giving excuses, and I know for a fact Luna doesn’t see you as a mother, and I’m starting to see why.” Shiro was very hurt by that comment, but that’s what I wanted, even though she is a goddess, she is just as human as the rest of us, hurtful comments will hurt and compliments make them feel better. But this reaction was unexpected.

“I am trying my hardest!” Her calm demeanor broke down instantly after I said that, her form went back to that of a child, which is actually her original form, even though she tries her best to make it seem her original form is the adult version.

“Wahhhh, I-I-I’m doing my best to act like your mom! Why can’t you accept that!?” She started rolling around on the floor like a certain blue haired goddess does, even though Shiro looks like a child, it doesn’t help much as I know she is much older, to the point of being our mother.

“Stop, you are acting like a toddler, I already have to deal with Luna continuously growing younger, who’s acting more mature than you in some cases, I don’t want to deal with my mother being the same. And even though there is a sound barrier, I don’t know if it will prevent your crying from getting through.”

She continued crying,

“NO! Not until you treat me like your mother!” What the fuck, she is a toddler. I wonder how she can actually act like an adult. 

“Alright fi- What did you do to me?” My voice felt higher and I felt shorter.

“Whatever do you mean?” She was already back into adult form, acting calm again but I can tell she is a little happy. I guess she wants to pamper her kid like this huh, well I guess I need to act the part.

“MOM! WAHHH!” I started to fake cry and held my arms up, signaling for Shiro to come closer and hug me.

“It’s ok honey, everything will be ok.” She was much softer than usual. I felt her hand, rubbing on my head, as this kept going on I started to feel different, the crocodile tears slowly becoming real, I couldn’t help it, I felt like I was going to lose something soon, my last bit of humanity? My hope of returning? No, I already stopped caring about those things. My sister? I do indeed want to keep her like my younger sister forever, but… she is closer to becoming a god then I will be for a long time. I don’t want to lose her, and I want her to have some attachment to the things I gave up a long time ago.

“Lu-Lunaaaa” I wailed her name, thankfully, due to the barrier, they couldn’t hear my cries, which is good, I don’t want to be heard by anyone right now. I cried until I couldn’t anymore.

 “You’ve been holding that in for a while huh? Don’t worry no one will be bothered sweetie. Keep crying for as long as you want.”


yeeaaaaahhh, uhhh, hi again, been awhile. I started having trouble with ADHD and school and all, I will try to continue making chapters, just not as often. I realize that there is a drop in quality for this chapter, I just wanted to get this out though. Like I said before I will try to make the next chapter better, just it will take a LONG time. ADHD sucks, anyways even if there is a drop in quality, hope you liked it.-winslow

11