Chapter 2: Backstory (1/8)
6.1k 27 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I know you might not like the MC. He's meant to be that way. I don't want him to be perfect, I want him to grow as a person. It's hard to give a perfect mc meaningful character development. The way he thinks, his opinions, views on the world. They will all change so bare with me for a bit.

 

They were memories I wanted to forget. It all happened in early middle school. 8th grade. May 13th, 2017. That day still haunts me to this day. 

 

A shiver was sent down my spine as I recalled the events. She was my friend, a friend I had since childhood. Blonde hair that was as bright as a dandelion, yellow eyes that radiated the same energy as the sun, fair skin, athletic, smart, and a great personality to top it all off. She was popular with the boys and girls alike, wherever she was, she was at the peak, always excelling the others. 

 

The way I had met her was pure luck. A coincidence, with no motive or meaning behind it.

 

At the playground, when I was only 6 years old. By herself on the swings for hours on end. I always begged my parents to bring me there, on the daily. My grandfather would usually bring me there, watching me and giving me candies every day. Always spoiling me, he would watch me for hours, patiently, with an unbreakable smile plastered into his face.

 

That girl was there almost every day, just swinging there or occasionally walking around, eventually, I got curious. I walked up to her, and being the insensitive child I was, I asked her why she was by herself all the time.

 

"Because I don't have anyone to play with." She replied, the following was the moment I regret to this day. 

 

"I can play with you! Let's be friends!" I enthusiastically replied with a smile. I could still remember it as clear as day. Her eyes widened a bit before she smiled a tiny bit. I still cringe at myself back then, but that only means I've grown, hopefully.

 

"You want to be… my friend?" She asked.

 

"Yeah! Come! Let's play over there! Oh, and I want to show you this super secret spot I found! But you have to promise not to tell anyone else all right? This is a secret between me and you only!" I told her as I dragged her by the arm to my "secret spot". We played like children for the day until I had to go.

 

From that day on, she would be there at that playground, waiting for me to come every day and taking me along with her. 

 

Fast forward a bit and I had stopped going to that playground, I had completely forgotten about her, I was in grade 5 already after all. We had a new transfer student, it was her. It was Aki. She had transferred schools just to meet me, of course, I didn't know that at the time and simply thought it was a coincidence.

 

At first, I didn't really care who she was, and didn't know either, it wasn't until she approached me and reminded me of her. She complained about how I didn't come to the playground again and how she waited there every day for an entire month, waiting for me to return. We quickly became good friends again. 

 

7th grade. This was when I realized that I didn't deserve to be her friend, I wasn't on the same level as she was, and I wasn't a good person. Rumors flew around about her, because of me, so I knew I had to distance myself from her a little bit. Along with threats to stay away from her, they told me I was a parasite, a leech who strung onto Aki. 

 

They told me to stay away from her. I was bullied, they made fun of my looks, grades, athleticism, anything they could find. My homework was stolen and ripped apart, my head dunked into toilets. I was beaten by a select few sadistic kids back then as well. It felt like my life was a living hell back then, I was too afraid to talk about it as well, teachers frankly didn't care, and I didn't want to worry my parents either, I decided that I wasn't worth it, I didn't want to waste their time.

 

I hid it as best as I could, I didn't want anyone to know, that's exactly what they wanted. As I tried distancing myself from her, she tried advancing onto me, getting close to me on purpose or making excuses to be with me.

 

One day, I found myself in a private karaoke room with her. This is when it really started.

 

***

 

<Past Hayato (MC) POV>

 

Alone in the room with Aki, I became a bit nervous. It was the first time I was alone with a girl and I didn't know what to say, I would usually just add onto what others would say.

 

Aki looked at me, her smile dissolved as fast as it formed. She spoke. "Hey, why are you avoiding me? Do you not like me? Have you found a girlfriend or something?"

 

"N-no! I don't have a girlfriend… Hey, Aki, can I talk to you about something?" I asked her. Her smile formed again, urging me on to talk about it.

 

"I… I think we shouldn't be friends anymore, you know? I thi-" I was cut off by Aki, who was jumping in joy.

 

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" She said with glee.

 

"O-oh, really? Well… I guess that saves both of us a lot of trouble." I said, although I was a bit disappointed, I expected her to care a bit more, but it was for the best I said to myself.

 

"Okay, well bye…" I said as I tried getting up. Aki grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back down onto the seat.

 

"Where are you going?" She asked. 

 

"Home… Why?" I said, I was confused as to why she cared.

 

"Why? What do you mean why? We're lovers now aren't we? We should do things lovers do! Go on dates, text each other late at night, maybe even-" I cut her off.

 

"What? Aki, I think you're misunderstanding something, I want to end our relationship. I think it's best for me and you to-" this time, I was cut off.

 

"What? I knew it! You've found a girl haven't you? I thought it was too early for that! We're only in seventh grade after all, I had this all planned out! Our marriage, our first time having sex, our first kiss, dates. Everything! I've been patiently waiting, all these years. And this! This is what happens!" She said, blurting out a frenzy of words to me. I only wanted to end this relationship, I wanted to get out of this endless cycle of hell. I just want to enjoy school, I don't want to be afraid of people as I walk to school, I want to have friends!

 

That was all I could think about then. I tried getting up again, taking a step back towards the door. 

 

Aki got up and grabbed me by the collar. She threw me back onto the seat. I panicked, instinctively covering my face. I had gotten beaten so many times I knew to protect my face. 

 

The LED lights made everything blurry, they spiraled around the room. Flashing with different colors. She turned the lights off, causing the LED's to make me panic more than it already did. The colors flew around the room, the music was running, lights were flashing, my arms up. 

 

Aki sat down on top of me, her legs going around mine as she sat in a reverse V-shape position on my lap.

 

"Mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine! You're mine! And I'm not going to risk some bitch taking you from me." She said as she tore away my arms from my face. She planted her lips onto mine. Her soft, cherry pink lips smothering mine. Her tongue invaded my mouth as she held my arms to the side. 

 

Surprised, I let it happen. I allowed her tongue to wrestle mine. Her hands eventually released mine, leading them to wrap around her back as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

 

She soon after released my lips from hers. A trail of saliva connected between both of our lips. Her hot breath tingled against my skin, arousing me quite a bit. She got off of me and spoke. "So that makes it official right? From now on, we're lovers alright?"

 

I was left dazed. She giggled and gave a quick peck on my lips before saying. "I better not find you with another girl. You're mine, alright? Love you, chu~♥"

 

She left me there speechless. I didn't know what to say nor what to do. I got up and went home. Recollecting what just happened, I eventually gave up trying to understand. I went to bed, trying my best to go to sleep...

90