Chapter 10: Carrots!
205 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to her base, Mai started making the dye for her clothes.

First, she filled the pot with water then put it on fire. Next, she ground the flowers’ petals up and put them in the pot; the girl did the same thing to some charcoal.

The girl then waited for the solution in the pot to become a bit thicker; she made a big wooden basket in the waiting time. The result was a slightly red dye, or basically pink.

Hmm… I’ve just realized that it’s not necessary to dye the shirt. People wear white top black bottom outside all the time. Well, whatever. She put away the pink dye leaving the color of her shirt as it is. The reason given was totally not because she hated pink.

Mai made black dye out of nacroberries1Not an ARK reference using the same method, then threw it together with her trousers(?) into the basket.

It takes time for the color to print in, so I might as well do something. And the girl decided to build a construction she had been thinking of.

 


 

Standing ten meters tall in the base was a water container, one-fourth the height of its modern counterparts, but since the girl only had wood, stone, handmade glue and some magic, it couldn’t be helped. Still, it was a pretty impressive building to be built by one person, and it will give her a lot of water.

For the source itself, Mai threw all of the blue slimes in the vicinity into the container. She observed that there was no way they could get that much water into their bodies from plants alone, so it must have come from somewhere else, and in this situation, it was undoubtedly magic.

For that reason, the girl decided that they didn’t need to eat and would keep multiplying inside of the container.

With that in mind, she designed the storage to include two sections, one for the slimes and one for the water. In the slime tank, she inserted a spike-covered wall on the ceiling so that when the slimes increased to a certain number, the spikes would kill them and, through some machine work, would flow to the water tank.

Well, with how fast they are splitting, I think I can get around 1000 liters per day.

That was quite a lot of water for just one person to use, but she had another plan in mind.

 

Engram: Small magical crop plot

A place to grow your plants. Even though its size is small, plants’ growth speed will be significantly increased. Also, plants inside need no fertilizer and minimal water.

Requirements: Wood (20), thatch (10), fiber (15), stone (25), small magical stone (1)

 

I got a lot of magical stones from those rabbits I killed earlier, not counting those wolves and goblins from before, and the other resources won’t even be a problem, so… She stared at the forest. A little deforestation won’t hurt…

 


 

It took her just 5 hours to wipe out an area of one hectare and fill it up with crop plots. The girl also built an irrigation system out of stone to cut her watering schedule out.

For the plant itself, Mai discovered that for some reason, a carrot would heal 5 HP, but if she were to use the carrot stew recipe from her <Engram> skill, the health recovery would increase to a whopping 20 HP.

The girl spent some time sowing all of the seeds she could find. Each crop plot fit one seed, and she filled up 332 of them.

No problem, I will get more seeds when the carrots grow.

By the time she was done with all of the farm work, her clothes were ready.

Finally, my old ones are all torn up. I might want to make a few more reserves, though. The girl put on her new clothes; she then had no choice but to throw her dirty and tattered original outfit into her <Inventory>. Alright, what will I do next?

Mai thought for a bit. I want to see what the next engrams are, so let's hunt some monsters and do some missions in the way.

 


 

The girl entered the guild's building and saw Arnold and his companions standing in front of the reception.

He then spotted Mai walking to them. "Oh hello Mai, fancy seeing you here."

"Me too. What are you guys doing?" She responded.

"We are about to do a quest. Wanna join us?"

"That's nice of you, but what quest did you take anyway?"

"We are clearing out a goblin camp."

"Oh, then wait a minute." Mai went to the quest board and picked a paper. "I can assist your party, but I'm also taking my own quests for, you know, extra money." Then she went to Nadia to register the quest.

"That's fine. Shall we go?"

 

The girl went with Arnold's party out of the city and on the way to the goblins' camp.

Walking on the dirt path in the forest, Arnold turned to Mai. "Umm... Do you have some... equipment, like, weapons and armor in your <Inventory>?"

The girl shrugged. "Nah, there are only food and resources and things like that inside, and I don't think I need anything of the sort."

"But I can see last time you were pretty heavily injured fighting the wolves, so I think you should have stuff on you. Do you want us to come back to the city and buy some?"

"No thanks. It would be rude of me to waste your time. Wait for me just a minute." Mai disappeared into a bush nearby and came back a minute later. "Here, I've got weapons now." On her hands was a stone spear, and a lot more in her <Inventory>.

"Uh... I guess you would want metal weapons? And what about amour?"

"No need. Even stone spears are deadly if used right, and I'm not fond of armors since they limit my movement."

"Okay then... Then let us continue our way..."

 

Thanks for reading. Feel free to ask some questions if you have.

Discord: https://discord.gg/kkE3nyn9bW

6