Chapter 39 Fate and Frienship 3
688 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Queen Maureen’s roar echoed throughout the island and stroked fear in everyone weak to intimidation.

“Mother! What are you doing?” Cecelia shouted in shock.

Queen Maureen and the others, violently began to attack the others as Cecelia stood in shock.

“Ghosting, protect the civilians,” Edwin commanded

One by one the members of ghosting appeared and whisked the civilians to safety.

What next? She is attacking both friend and foe but why?

As Edwin thought that, Queen Madeline voice echoed in his head

They seem to be under some kind of mind control

Like what Duchess Rania can do?

No. This is on a whole new level? However, I suspect that it is not strong enough to affect you or anyone in spirit armor

That is reassuring, however, we have to stop them without hurting them.

The holy armor might do the trick

I thought we didn’t have anyone compatible with it.

We do now, thanks to you. I will be sending them over.

Thanks to me? What do you mean?

You will see. More importantly, the mastermind must be in the cave

Right.

“Margarita. The mastermind must be in the cave. Capture them if you can. If you can’t, then kill them.”

“Understood.” She replied before speeding off to the cave.

Edwin watched her dash off before his attention turned elsewhere by a sudden shout.

“Mother please stop!”

Cecelia was trying to stop her mother who was now running wildly.

Edwin had to rescue her before Queen Maureen’s spear went through her

“Let me go. I have to save her!”

“There is nothing you can do. She is under some kind of mind control.”

“Mind control?”

“That's right. The culprit is in the caves. I sent my subordinate to investigate. We also have someone on route, who might be able to stop her, without hurting her.”

“Who?”

Just then a flash of light fell from the sky with a thunderous sound. From the rising smoke, Duchess Rania appeared. She wore a special amour Edwin and Queen Madeline had created.

It was silver in color and had three spirit crystals infused. The holy amour. It was designed to counter large status effect attacks like sleeping spells, poison spells, and confusion spells, however, no one was able to weld this amour until now.

“Long time, long see. Maureen.”

“Rania!!!” Maureen roared.

“I will have you, return to your sanity now. < Holy Heal >

She activated her skill and a blinding light covered the entire island.

“Umm… What was I doing?”

“How did I get here?”

“My wounds are healed.”

Many people were healed from their injuries and those who were mind-controlled recovered their sanity, however.”

“Tch…” Duchess Rania uttered those words as she narrowly escaped an attack.

“It didn’t work on her? or has the mind control been recast?” Edwin asked.

He like Cecelia and everyone else was puzzled by Queen Maureen's violent attack. It was more powerful than the one she was using before. No. Even to the warriors, she fought alongside for many years, that attack surpassed anything they have ever seen her do.

The only person who understood what was going on was Duchess Rania.

“That is not it! She has activated her berserker skill.”

“What did you say?” Cecelia uttered in disbelief, “Mother had such a skill?”

“She does. In this state, she will attack anything that moves, although, it looks she is hell-bent on me.”

“Raniaaaaaa…” Maureen roared

“Yes, old friend.” she replied calmly 

“Rania!” Maureen roared again before thrusting her spear at Rania who blocked it with a waterfall shield.

This surprised Maureen.

"I am not as weak, as I was before. I have grown Maureen. Today, lets settle this once and for all.”

Edwin could feel the power surge between the two.

Oi… Oi… It is too dangerous to be near them.

“Princess Cecelia!”

“I know. It is shameful for me to ask this, but please… Save my people.”

“Understood… Paolo…”

“You called, your majesty”

“We are evacuating everyone on the island.”

“Understood…”

The evacuation began as duchess Rania and Queen Maureen stared each other down.

This was not going to be a battle about power or wealth, nor was it going to be a battle about pride and honor.

It was a battle brought about by fate and friendship.

19