Chapter 41: Truth vs Margarita
659 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Margarita entered the cave she felt a sinister presence hidden within. She carefully approached it while watching her surroundings.

There was always the chance that others hide in the shadows.

“Ho my… Who might you be?” A voice called out to her

She saw a girl with smooth pale skin. She had one pink eye, while the other was red. Her blond hair was long. If it wasn’t for the sinister vibe she was giving off. Margarita may have had the urge to call her cute.

“I am Margarita Prigent. I serve the king of Highland, Edwin Von William Highland.”

“I see… I am truth. Sister of lies and servant of abyss king Hellion-sama”

Hellion?

That was a name she hadn’t heard before.

“Does this Hellion work with the abyss king Ermengarde?”

“Unfortunately yes. The demon king saw it fit to make her leader of the abyss kings that invaded your continent.” She replied before sighing. “However, that will change today. If I can bring proper results, then Hellion-sama will surely be placed higher than that bitch…”

They don’t get along?

“Now then. < Lower your weapon. I am not an enemy: Truth >

“Why would I lower my weapon? And you are clearly an enemy…” she replied with a puzzled look

“It didn’t work? That can’t be! This is the power Hellion-sama saw fit to give me. How can this be? You… You! Are coming with me.”

“Funny… That’s my line.”

With those words, their battle began. Truth made the first move. She used her speed to her advantage and aimed to hit Margarita with her right fist but Margarita saw it coming.

She leaned back, avoiding the attack, and countered with her own left jab.

Truth was sent flying straight into a wall.

She coughed out blood while in shock.

She is faster and stronger than me? Well, not for long.

< I am faster and stronger than you: Truth >

In an instant, she covered the gap between them and hit Margarita squarely in the face.

Margarita was now the one now sent flying backward into a wall.

Did she increase her strength and speed in an instant?

“That skill you just used. You tried to used it to lower my guard earlier… I take it that, it is also responsible for what is happening outside?”

“Yes…”

“What a terrifying skill”

“It is…”

“But it seems to has its limits…”

Margarita concluded that if the skill had no drawbacks then she wouldn't be hiding herself in the cave.

“Tch… True… I can't brainwash more than a couple of people at a time, and it seems someone like you is immune to that kind of effect.”

“That is why you want to capture me?”

“Yes. Hellion-sama will be most pleased if I bring you to him. He will figure out why you weren’t brainwashed. If you come quietly with me, perhaps you too may serve Hellion-sama.”

“I have someone I serve already. Your offer is declined.”

“Humph… Fool. Once those outside are finished killing everyone, I will have them kill…”

Just as she was about to finish her words a blinding light came from outside.

What was that? They both wondered

That was the moment in time when Duchess Rania had appeared and cast < Holy Heal >.

When her connection to those she had brainwashed was disconnected, Truth frowned.

Another troublesome person has appeared… Tch…

“Where are you looking?” Margarita asked before missing her with a slash from her sword.

This is not good… I have to escape.

As she was thinking that, Margarita increased her speed and strength, catching her off guard.

Did she become faster? But how?

Margarita landed a series of blows before slamming her against the wall.

“Surrender… There is no chance of escape.”

Not just faster, but stronger too… This is bad… If I am captured, it will cause a lot of problems for big sister… I have no choice…

< I am on a death march: Truth >

Margarita quickly backed away from truth.

She was surging with power. Blood dripped from her skin.

Her eyes now had a greenish glow to them.

This was her trump card. The truth of a death march.

Announcement

Special shout out to Patrick Ryan, Skorno, and Thien Truong for supporting my patreon page.

Thanks to you guys I was able to bring this chapter.

18