Chapter 42: Truth vs Margarita conclusion
766 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

< Truth POV >

We were nothing more than orphaned kids when the demon king arrived in our worlds.

For us... nothing changed.

As people screamed all around us, we felt nothing.

For us... death was only one step away.

Hellion-sama was the one who saved us.

My older sister didn’t believe in his words as I did.

“I see… The older one does not believe in my words, while the younger one does. Interesting… I shall name you Truth and Lie… You will serve me from now on.”

Those were the words he spoke when he met us.

It could have been anyone, but it was us.

We were the chosen ones.

After that, we traveled from one world to another.

We conquered, destroyed, and moved on.

All for the sake of the demon king.

I didn’t really care much for the demon king and his goals. All I wanted was for me and my sister to be happy.

Hellion-sama was the one who brought us that happiness.

He treated us better than anyone ever could.

If it is for Hellion-sama then…

I ready to throw this life away...

< I am on a death march: Truth >

My power is raging inside me. The dearth march is my ultimate skill. 

All my power is released in an instant.

I will use this power to escape. If I can't, then at the very least... I will take her down with me.

***

< Margarita POV >

I have never felt such an aura before. 

This was the aura of someone not afraid of death.

My father would often warn me about the dangers of facing such opponents.

Their actions follow no logic.

There is no attack pattern to anticipate.

I going to have to use all the experience I have gained over the years.

Over the years huh?...

“What are you doing out here in the rain Margarita.”

“Training father… I will be the best swordsman around.”

“Is that a fact?”

“Yes… I will silence those fools that mock you.”

“You need not pay mind to fools like Margrave Lance and Count Gunnleifus.”

“But father…”

“Listen here little one. It matters not what the world thinks of you, but what you think of yourself. Always remember that”

“Yes, father…”

I am the king’s sword… Margarita Prigent… I will not lose this battle

***

Truth’s outburst of power stopped and she stood still.

The cave was quiet.

A single drop of water falling to the floor, signaled the start of the battle.

Truth leaped from wall to wall at a fast speed. She was using hit and run tactics.

Tch… Her movements are too random for me to pinpoint her trajectory

Margarita's swings were only hitting air, however, the truth was putting most of her efforts into her speed, as a result, her attacks were not as strong as she would want them to be.

I am running out of time, I need to end this quickly, Truth thought

She was desperate to end this battle and escape. She concluded that Margarita wasn’t someone to turn her back towards.

Little by little, she chipped away at Margarita. Putting more effort into targeting Margarita’s legs. 

A fatal mistake.

She has been targeting my legs? Does she plan on escaping? This means, there will be an instant when…

“Hmm… Looks like the battle outside has ended… Sorry, but I can no longer afford to play with you. < I will kill you now: Truth >

She will have to block or dodge my attack. Blocking this attack is suicidal and dodging it, will allow me to escape. Either way, I will get to see my sister and Hellion-sama again. We will share a meal just like a family again...

“< Spirit Core: Full Burst >”

Edwin and everyone saw as a pillar of light burst from the cave into the sky.

Who the hell did Margarita face that she would have to use that? Edwin thought.

When the light faded. Margarita stood over Truth.

Her lower body was gone. Only her upper body remained but even that was fading to ash.

She felt cold.

When eyes meet that of Margarita, she realized the truth…

“I see… I lost…” she uttered with teary eyes

“Yes.”

When she heard that reply she stretched her hand towards the sky, as if trying to grasp something…

“Sister… Hellion-sama… I am sorry…” Those were the last words of truth.

19