Chapter 43: Truth and the Abyss King
687 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was cold and dim but those mattered not to abyss king Hellion. He was attending a meeting called by another abyss king. 

From the castle, he now occupied he could see through two projections, the abyss kings Ermengarde and Zell.

“Are you sure you do not need reinforcements? Ermengarde,”

“Are you questioning my capabilities? Hellion.”

“I am simply worried that you are overconfident in your schemes. Vidfamne must have alerted you to the possibility of failure.”

Ermengarde frowned at his remark. The failure of her forces to destroy Vidfamne was already known by the other two kings.

“Humph…The force I sent there was disposable.”

“Are you saying that you sent them there, knowing that they would lose?”

“Yes. I did. I wanted to give a sense of false hope.” 

She was lying and Hellion knew it. However, if Ermengarde was planning on digging her own grave then he wasn’t going to stop her.

Many people have risen to the ranks of abyss kings only to be replaced once they made a stupid mistake.

The demon king was not one to forgive so easily.

“Understood… What of her?” he asked looking at the chained goddess…

1521212.jpg

“Huh? Why do you have an interest in my pet?”

“Pet? That is not the reason the demon king handed us the goddess.”

“Hmm…and you think you know the reason?”

It was now his turn to frown. If it wasn’t so that they could absorb their powers then why would the demon king give them the goddess?

“Bait…” Ermengarde spoke with a huge smile on her face.

“Bait?”

“Ar~re…you didn’t figure it out. Why do you think we allowed the humans to collect information about us so early on in the war?” she uttered with a satisfied expression. 

Hellion could only stay quiet and allow Ermengarde’s bragging.

“As soon as the humans found out that we were in possession of the goddess, they would no doubt aim for us first and ignore the demon king. This will allow the demon king to do what needs to be done before we destroy this world.”  

“I see…”

“No needed to be so down Hellion-chan. You are the youngest of us three. You have probably never seen this strategy before... ” she said with a proud expression

“We have never used this strategy before.”

“Eh?” Ermengarde uttered after Zell spoke for the first time.

“This is the first time we had to use this strategy. The goddess inflicted a huge blow on our invading forces as well as our fellow abyss kings. The king had no choice but to use this strategy.”

“Ah…right…. Hahaha…. I am genius to see through the demon king's plan…. Hahaha”

“Don’t get cocky Ermengarde.” Zell sternly warned. “Hellion’s concern is valid. The kingdom called Highland. We need to destroy it...”

“No need to worry. Highland will not be taking part in this upcoming battle. Once I deal with this force, I will have our forces attack Highland through the soon destroyed kingdom of Jarodor and our fully ailed kingdom of Everwood. Highland will stand no chance.”

“Are you sure?” she asked sternly again.

“Fine…I will join the battle as well. Does that put you at ease?”

“Nope…The opposite actually.”

“Humph… Whatever… This meeting is over.” Ermengarde uttered before cutting her connection to the others.

“Hmm… Prideful as ever.” Hellion uttered

“It is not pride if you can back it up, and Ermengarde has backed it up so far. For now, we should only sit back and watch.”

“Agreed….”

“Well then… I will leave you to attend to your aid. It seems she has a matter to discuss with you.” Zell uttered before cutting her transmission

Hellion stood up and turned to the aid who was standing behind him. She was someone who never liked or trusted Hellion ever since she met him. However, Hellion could sense that her hatred towards him had grown dramatically.

“What happened Lies?”

“Truth is dead” she replied with a glare.

“Is that so…”

“Is that all you have to say?” 

“Words cannot express the loss I feel today. Truth, was a daughter to me.”

“Stop with your lies!” She yelled. “My sister and I were nothing more than pawns. You used us to kill, torture, and torment people. Don’t you dare try and act like you were a father to us.”

Lies unlike her sister never once believed in Hellion. The only reason she accepted to serve him all those years ago was to avoid death.

She spent years acting like a daughter for the sake of her sister who truly regarded Hellion as a father.

Her whole life has always been for the sake of her sister.

When they were young she acted as both a mother and an older sister. That was her purpose.

When the demon king arrived in their world. She believed her purpose to be that of protector.

And when they joined the demon king she watched over her sister from afar. Only intervening when absolutely necessary. She believed that her sister was ready to stand on her own two feet and with the power Hellion gave to them, she could not imagine anything being a threat to her sister’s life.

And now, with her sister gone. She had one last final purpose to fulfill. 

“I am going to get revenge for Truth. I will find whoever killed her and make them pay.”

“I see… will you return to me?”

“Only to kill you.”

“I see…. I wish you well…”

“Don’t need it… I don’t need something like that from someone who probably doesn’t even know our true names.” She yelled before bursting out the door.

She left the castle on horseback without even glancing back. 

Hellion watched as the young girl disappeared into the setting sun.

“Martha…. Your sister Sue is just as reckless as you were…” a sad voice spoke 

Announcement

Sorry for the delay... Currently on my sick bed

18