Chapter 47 The March 3
663 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We will now begin to formulate a battle plan.” A general spoke

A large tent had been set up. Inside the tent were the seven leaders of the marching army.

They included the Hero Hans.

The king of Everwood.

The leader of the mercenaries, Theodemar Inanala.

The appointed general by the two empires, David J Hook.

The general of Jarodor, Kith L. Pride.

The temporary master of all the guilds, Felix, and a bishop from the holy kingdom, Martin J. Hill.

“The thief and assassin guilds have reported back. There is a large army gathered in front of the capital.” Felix reported. “They seem to be waiting for our arrival.”

After a long march, they had finally arrived near the capital of Saifuddien. The capital was built next to the ocean on the west side of the kingdom.

Because of this, the Saifuddien capital was the most prosperous city port on the continent.

No other kingdom had its capital double as a port city as well. Saifuddien was indeed leading the world into a new way of thinking.

Duchess Rania herself considered doing the same in Vidfamne, but her war with the laminas prevented that.

“Cocky bastards. They probably think that they can take us easily like last time.” David commented

“Please watch your language.” Bishop Martin pleaded

“Sorry about that.” He apologized.

David had been chosen by the two empires to lead the forces of the empires. His household of Hook had blood ties in both empires and acted as a go-between.

He was a better warrior than he was a noble. Outspoken, brash, and unruly… were some of the gossips that spread about him. Because of this, even at the age of 35, he was still unmarried.

“How should we proceed?” A nervous Felix asked.

Felix was just a normal commoner. Being trapped in a tent with nobles, royalty and a hero made him anxious. He double thought every word before speaking.

“I want a three-column formation. The elven army on the right. The Jarodor forces to the left and lastly I will lead the reaming forces in the middle.” Hans uttered

“What about rearguards to protect an escape route?” David interjected.

Hans slammed his fist on the table, “There will be no escape.” He shouted

The elven king and Theodemar were the only ones who knew the true meaning behind those words. The rest most likely misunderstood his words as claiming victory for the allies.

“Even if you say that…” David replied

“Master David is right Hero-sama. We cannot enter this battle without a means of escape.” Bishop Martin spoke

“I must agree with them… Entering battle without an escape plan is foolish. We do not know what the demons are thinking. The fact that their army is waiting for us rather than preparing for siege suggests that they have a plan.” General Kith spoke.

His observation was spot on. The demons were indeed waiting for them with a plan, however, the hero, king of the elves, and Theodemar had no intention of telling him that he was right.

“Allow us elves to handle that.” The elven king spoke.

“Can you really handle it?”

“Yes… It will stretch our resources but if I may trouble Theodemar a bit, I am sure we can handle it.” He replied

“I see… What say you? Theodemar.”

“As long as I am paid my dues then I will do my job.”

“Ha… Spoken like a true mercenary. I will have worries with you having my back.” David declared before thumping on his armor, “Leave the demons to me and the hero.”

“Oi… Don’t act like we aren’t here as well,” Kith said

“Sorry about that… My blood must be boiling with anticipation for the upcoming battle.”

“Looks like we have reached a conscious.” Bishop Martin declared. “We should begin preparations for the attack.”

***

“Looks like everyone is finished with preparations for the battle,” Siraye spoke as she entered the tent.

“We have just finished ourselves,” Louise replied.

“It's finally here… The day that Hans makes a mark as the hero who will save us all by defeating that abyss king.” Euphemia said with a big smile as she held the necklace her mother gave her.

“You must be happy that you will ride alongside the hero,” Siraye uttered

“Are jealous?”

“Hmm... maybe a little bit, but it can’t be helped. The elves have been stretched in covering the right flank and preparing an escape route. I have to help my father.”

“I on the other hand have to join my army to boost morale. It is something my cousin requested of me.” Louise added

“I would be lying if I said I was sad that you guys couldn’t join us, but in return for this happiness I feel, I swear to fight for all three of us,” Euphemia said with a smile.

“We will be counting on you to do that,” Louise said before all three of them embraced

***

“Have they begun to move?”

“Yes, your highness…. We have received word from agents on the ground that the battle is about to begin.” A knight replied

“Then all hands to battle stations. I connect me to all attacking forces.”

“Yes sir. Connection established.”

Edwin took a deep breath before speaking.

“To all who are participating in this battle. The time has come for us to show the might of Highland to the world. Whether it be demons or other kingdoms… They will never forget our power.”

 

 

24