Chapter 4
6.7k 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Congratulations on experiencing your first death, host." a voice greeted my ears.

The next vision i had was a desert under the angry hot glare of the sun.

I imagined that i would be burning from the intense heat by now but all i felt was the solace of perfection.

I felt like a spectator amidst the creation i weaved. Like a god in his own domain. It was an exhilarating feeling.

"Who are you?" i asked the voice. My sight wandered and i saw nothing but the countless sands of the land.

"I am a system assistant tasked to guide you in achieving the pinnacle of what you can be." it answered. This one was not the same female voice who I've spoken with in the past, i concluded.

"If I’d chosen a different ability from what i have now, would you have also appeared before me?" i asked in curiosity.

I know that the gift i picked had granted me virtually unkillable. With a command with my thoughts, letters sprang up along the visions i saw.

Techniques:

  1. Point Flux - this ability could grant the user mastery over time. It could only go back and not forward.

(if the user was killed, would return to a previous save point instantly or stay in the users domain in a limbo where time does not begin nor end.)

This was also why i was totally fine with my misdemeanour that got me zapped.

"They would not hesitate to kill a student. What a bunch of merciless capitalists!" i mumbled inside.

But it was also no surprise. Who was I? HAHAHA! I'm nothing but an unknown boy from the rural areas. I doubted they'd do the same to a kid of some wealthy and influential person.

This was how the world works, i sighed.

"Affirmative, host! The system assistant was implanted along any gift that you would have received." the voice answered.

And now that i think about it, i couldn't quite put a gender unto its voice. A very eerie observation i got.

"Okay." I responded and uttered another wordless command. The letters that hovered before my eyes turned blurry until it was replaced by another image altogether.

In it, i saw one line that marked my birth unto this world until the last second i took my final breath.

A single dot depicted the ending that paused the reality from turning on the wheels of time.

"At what point to return." i was preparing for my second time in rewriting my past.

"Are you preparing to go back, host?" a voice distracted me from my thoughts.

"Yes." i whispered and did not bother to ask it its name. It was a futile point that i don't want to waste my precious time with.

"It would beneficial for the host to look at the system shop." it sounded once more.

"What system shop?!" i shouted in surprise. My head raked the lands from left to right while i waited for a fast reply on this system assistant something.

"You can buy techniques and items from the system shop, host." the system answered.

"Show me the shop." was my immediate command.

"Affirmative, host."

Welcome to the System Shop.

Technique List:

  1. Eternal Eyes - could see the past, present and future.
  2. Unbreakable Body - a physique that could outmatch the body of the gods in defensive capabilities.
  3. Heaven Divide - this ability could grant you clones that would embody yourself in both mind and ability. (numbers infinite)
  4. Elemental Dominion - all elements shall follow your will.
  5. Shattered Image - grants you the skill to copy any technique or natural ability that you see, touch and hear. (This is not limited to animate existences)

........

This was the same I’ve been presented with before.

I inspected the second column on the interface, the one that was marked with ITEMS.

Item list:

  1. Complete Warsuit of the Asura - this belonged to the most decorated immortal in history.

Since time immemorial, nobody has matched his might and accomplishments. His record is a sea in an ocean filled with blood and violence.

  1. Complete Relic of the Magister - the most intelligent man to ever live. This coverall were with the Almighty Wizard who reigned supreme during his time.
  2. Complete Battle Ensemble of the Upriser - this was created using the most advanced technology of man and of the multitudes of species in this reality.

It had vanquished its foes with the sheer sophisticated armaments embodied into its conception.

...................

The list goes on and on but i did not read any further than the hundredth because one question suddenly popped in my mind.

"Is it free?"

"Negative, host." and my heart sunk with its words.

Fuck this shit!

You made me drool on these things and for what?!

My emotions ran rampant inside but this did not totally reflect my external mien.

"How do i get them?" i asked instead.

"You need shop points to get them, host." it replied.

"Show me their costs." i commanded.

"Affirmative, host." the system followed.

  1. Eternal Eyes - could see the past, present and future. 1000 sp
  2. Unbreakable Body - a physique that could outmatch the body of the gods in defensive capabilities. 1000 sp
  3. Heaven Divide - this ability could grant you clones that would embody yourself in both mind and ability. (numbers infinite) 1000 sp
  4. Elemental Dominion - all elements shall follow your will. 1000 sp
  5. Shattered Image - grants you the skill to copy any technique or natural ability that you see, touch and hear. (This is not limited to animate existences) 1000 sp

“1000 shop points, huh?” I thought.

"Don't tell me I’ve got zero shop points to use?" i asked after knowing the prices.

"Negative, host." it started.

"The Evil God is not an unkind existence, far from that. He’s one who is easily amused and has a bountiful sense of humor." it continued that raised every hair on my body.

THE FUCK!

WHO ARE YOU?

But the words stayed stuck in my throat as if a giant hand perched around it indefinitely.

"You already have starting shop points, host. Look on the lower left portion of the screen." it returned to its usual characterless intonation.

I did that and a surging air from my lungs couldn't help but gush forth.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

30