72 – Completion
2.1k 12 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple days after Ailine returned, we were sleeping in our room. She talked with Alienor, and seems to be trying to work through her past. I feel a little bad about using the priestess as our personal therapist, but the dwarf seems incredibly enthusiastic to help 'the one chosen by the gods' with anything I ask. 

In the middle of the night, Navi suddenly burst into the room. "Lia! Ailine!"

We both startled awake and sat up in bed. "Navi?! What happened? What's up?" I quickly said, looking around for an intruder or a problem.

"I'm pregnant! Another bulb sprouted from my flower!" the fairy cheerfully announced.

I stared at her for a few seconds. I raised my hand and fired a ball of water at the little fairy.

"Whoa!" she shouted as she maneuvered away from the ball that splashed against the wall.

"Congratulations, now let us go back to sleep." I deadpanned.

"Alright! I'll go tell everyone else!" she said as she flew out of the room. 

As Ailine and I began to get comfortable and fall asleep again, I heard a few slamming doors or faint shouts as Navi loudly made her announcement to everyone in the castle in the dead of night. 

The next month was a lot of the same. Navi and I continued to work. Navi shifted to working on enchanting cores, and after some testing, came up with a viable trigger mechanism to do what we wanted. We were going to need bags and bags of these enchanted cores to do what I needed. 

Lala also came back. Everything was going well in the new town that the elves named Revival. They were between the names Revival and New Beginnings, but Revival sounded less like an MMORPG starting town, so I had them go with that. 

Lala was able to run pipes to all of the housing sites from two water towers. Fixing up the smaller castle progressed well, and the houses and other buildings were being built at a good pace. Slime pits were created, and they had a rough wall around everything. We continued to send plenty of supplies while they got everything established. 

Zahra was doing a good job of leading them, so Lala will be staying here for the time being. She has been spending a lot of time with her sisters as they prepared for a fourth fairy princess to be born.

A couple hours after sunset when Ailine and I were in bed, Navi yelled in our mind. (Wake up! I'm going into labor!)

Ailine and I both shot up in bed from hearing Navi yell.

"Dammit. I fucking hate waking up like that," I grumbled.

Ailine stretcher her arms out and yawned. "Me too, but it sounds like we should go."

"Yeah," I said while getting out of bed. "I just hope our new niece isn't as into pranks as Navi. Ever since she learned to go invisible, I've heard a lot of people are having their items misplaced and the cooks keep having to check the salt shakers to make sure sugar isn't in them."

Ailine giggled. "I'm just glad we can equip our clothes and don't have our socks or a single shoe disappear anymore."

We continued to chat idly as we made our way to the hall. As we were going to Anastasia's room, her door burst open and the little vampire ran out with a small dragon following behind her.

"Mommy Lia! Mommy Ailine!" she shouted when she saw us. "Aunt Navi told me, too! Let's hurry! I want to meet my new cousin!"

She grabbed our hands and began running. Ailine and I shared a glance and a smile as we jogged off with her.

When we got to the garden, it was the three of us, Mitena, and Talon. Navi, Lala, Tsuki, and Carmen were all excitedly flying around the large flower that was slowly opening.

We watched as the minutes passed and a new fairy was slowly revealed. She yawned and stretched before blinking a couple times. 

She had long black hair with hot-pink highlights. Lengthy and dense eyelashes making her look almost like she had mascara and eyeliner on. Her wings are black with pink veins running through them. For her height, her chest and butt were on the larger side but not oddly proportioned.

As she was standing up, Navi slammed into her, wrapping her in a tight hug. "My baby girl! Mommy loves you so so so so much! I'm so glad you're finally here!"

After struggling for a couple seconds, the new fairy seemed to give up and hugged Navi in return while patting her on the back

She looked resigned as she said, "Yeah, yeah. I'm here. Thanks, Mom. Now, could you let me go?"

"Never! I'll never let my precious baby go," Navi said.

You would think that Navi would be used to this after having three previous kids, but I guess not. 

I threw a lifeline to my new Niece. "Navi, how about a name, clothes, and introduction?"

"Right!" Navi said, releasing the fairy. "You need a name! Hmm… Jinx! Fairy Princess Jinx Nikita!"

"Jinx? That's cool with me, Mom," Jinx said.

"Let's see… For clothes…" Navi pondered.

"Another sundress?" I asked jokingly, since that's the majority of what the fairies wear.

"A dress?" Jinx asked, looking unenthused. "Don't you have something with pants?"

Navi flew back a short ways to look at her daughter. "Hmm… Ah! That would be perfect!" From storage, Navi took out a set of clothes. "Try these on!"

"Sweet!" Jinx excitedly said as she took the pile and began putting them on.

Once done, I had to admit they matched her really well. It was a pair of tight, low rise, black pants. Tall combat boots with tiny buckles on the sides. Black fingerless gloves that went up to the top of her bicep. And a white midriff top with a pink circle-A anarchy symbol on the front. Like all fairy shirts, it was a halter top with an open back that they stepped into to accommodate their wings. Overall, she looked ready to go to a Blink-182 or Good Charlotte concert.

"Thanks, Mom! These are awesome!" Jinx said.

Navi looked pleased with herself. "Now you look like a proper pop-punk rock princess! Now come on! Let's go meet your sisters, aunts, and cousin!"

After introductions, Navi tested her magic talents. She had high dark magic, and good fire magic. Navi also took out a miniature armory of fairy-sized weapons for her to choose from. Jinx chose a double-bladed battleaxe. 

After she got all set, all five fairies flew off to show Jinx around. Five fairies together sounds like a recipe for disaster. The others aren't as mischievous as Navi, but they have their fair share of fun. At least nothing that any of them do is ever dangerous or malicious. 

=====

POV - Lala

"Lala! We goin' on patrol again today?" Sister Jinx asked as she flew up to me in the garden.

"Yes we are," I said. "We need to make sure you have a good grasp of the area all around us."

"Right," Sister Jinx said. "Didn't Mom say that their super secret weapons were almost done?"

"That's right. Before you were born, they were working on it for a year and a half," I explained. "You have been working really hard to learn for the last three months since you were born, and Mother thinks it will be three more months until they finish completely and leave. So, we have until then to make sure you learn everything that you need."

"Sweet! I wonder what they're making… Hey, Lala. How about we sneak a peek?" Sister Jinx said with a grin.

"I… But… What if we get caught?" I managed to ask.

"Then we apologize, promise not to tell, and get a slap on the wrist! Come on! Don't you wanna know what they've been working on all this time?"

"Of course I do!" I shouted, a little surprised at my reaction. "But I don't want Mother or Aunt Lia to hate me for spying on them!"

Sister Jinx just stared at me with her arms crossed. "Really? Have you met our mom or aunt? How the hell could you think that Mom, who turns into a simp anytime she sees us after a couple hours, could ever hate you?

"And Aunt Lia isn't much better. You know she loves all of us and never seems to give a rat's ass what we do as long as it doesn't hurt someone or bother them too much."

I thought about what she said and there wasn't really anything incorrect. "You're righ—"

"Hell yeah!" Sister Jinx shouted with a fist in the air. "Come on! Let's go!" She grabbed my arm and began dragging me to the entrance of the tunnel leading to the Abyssal Dungeon.

I had to admit that breaking the rules was a little exciting. As we flew down the tunnel, my heart beat sped up. This was so unlike me to do this! I'm nervous, but I couldn't stop grinning.

After half an hour, we approached the large cavern at the end of the tunnel. Sister Jinx and I slowed down until we silently crept through the air. Poking our heads into the cavern, we saw Mother and Aunt Lia filling buckets with two types of powder. We watched them silently for almost a minute.

(They don't know we're here!) Sister Jinx said to me over the FCN. (We did it Lala!)

"So, Navi," Aunt Lia said while they had their backs to us while working. "How about we randomly start talking about our super secret plan?"

Mother gasped. "Vamps! But what if someone is listening in on us?"

"Don't worry about that," Aunt Lia said. "Who would be sneaky enough to try to spy on us?"

"True," Mother said. "Then let's talk about the super secret project! The Pencil of Doom!"

For some reason, something just didn't seem right, but I ignored it as we listened. 

"Ah, yes. The Pencil of Doom," Aunt Lia eaid while nodding her head. "With one end, we will erase the Empire. With the other, we'll rewrite history."

"Such a scary weapon!" Mother said. "And when combined with the Compass of Roundness, do you remember what happens?"

"Remind me, Navi."

"We can draw perfect circles in the Notebook of College Ruled Paper!" Mother exclaimed. 

Wait… This seems—

Right as I was questioning the situation, Mother disappeared, and a split second later I felt someone grab my arm.

"Gotcha!" Mother Yelled.

""Eep!"" Sister Jinx and I both squeaked in surprise as Mother caught us. 

"Walrus! I caught the spies!" Mother yelled. "What should we do with them?"

"Simple," Aunt Lia said as she walked up to us. "We interrogate them and find out what they heard."

Tendrils of darkness coiled lightly around us.

"I give up!" Sister Jinx yelled. "My bad! This was all my idea! I swear, we won't mention a thing about the Pencil of Doom, or the Compass of—"

She was interrupted by Mother and Aunt Lia bursting into laughter. After a few seconds they were both holding their stomachs as Sister Jinx and I just floated there. The darkness magic and Mother's hold were long gone. 

After almost a minute, Mother finally started to catch her breath. "Hahaha… Oh, my precious babies. Mommy's sorry. We just couldn't help playing with you with how cute you were sneaking up on us."

So they knew we were here the whole time…

"Wait!" Sister Jinx said. "What about the weapons you talked about?"

"We made them up," Aunt Lia said with a sly smirk. "Now come on. We'll show you the real weapons we've been working on."

""Uh…"" Sister Jinx and I were both a little stunned. 

=====

POV - Dalia

Oh, how cute my nieces are. Navi and I just couldn't resist fucking with them a bit. I was wondering when one of the four little fairies would try to see what we were working on. Too bad for them that our detection skills that we've worked on for years while fighting in the dungeon are in a completely different league to their hiding skills.

After a couple steps, I turned back and raised an eyebrow at the two stunned fairies who hadn't moved yet. "Well? Didn't you come all this way to see what we've been working on?"

After a couple more seconds, Jinx shouted, "Hell yeah! Let's go, Lala!"

Once we were all inside, I turned to Lala and Jinx. "Well, you two. This is the main weapon we'll be using." 

Without further ado, I took out our main weapon from a big-bag. It was in the shape of an elongated teardrop with four fins on the back. The widest part had a diameter of almost twenty-five meters. At just over fifty meters in length, this thing is stupidly huge and completely impractical for any conventional transport system. 

For a comparison, the width and length of this is similar to the length and width respectively, of a B-2 bomber from Earth. Seeing this thing again after a while, I can't help but think that this might have ended up being a bit overkill. However, we would only get one chance, and it needed to work without a shadow of a doubt. 

Lala and Jinx were staring at the massive hunk of steel with slack jaws. 

"That's big," Jinx finally said. A truly eloquent way to put it.. "What's it do?"

Right. People from Erald wouldn't know what this resembles. Well, that's partly why we went this route. It's something that nobody here has seen. Hopefully after this, nobody will see it again, either.

"This is a bomb and goes boom!" Navi answered. 

I explained a little more. "From what we read and discovered about the three main human cities, each of their castles have defensive enchantments that are fueled by their dungeons. Similar to what the old vampires had on the outer wall, these are incredibly powerful and are remnants from a couple thousand years ago."

"Yup!" Navi hugged the bomb. "The dwarven cities also have them. The elves had the most powerful defensive enchantments, but because of the power draw, their ruler had to turn it on manually. Once their king was dead and their ruler wasn't around, no more enchanted defences."

I continued for her. "Our outer walls were enchanted to be strong enough to survive a non-stop barrage of attacks from the entire perimeter for almost three days. They also had a fire enchantment, keeping any ladders, siege towers, or ropes from getting next to them from the outside. It took a continuous assault for the enchantment to finally break and allow the wall to be breached. 

"The enchantments like this repair themselves passively by drawing more mana as long as it's active. Essentially, the attacking armies so long ago were whittling down a high regen boss when they attacked the walls. 

"For Midnight, that was from the draw of the shallow Tutorial Dungeon when all power was focused on defense. The dungeons in all of the other cities are much larger, and thus will be much harder to break through.   

"For my plan, the initial attack needs to be something so insane and unbelievable that it could only be classified as the work of the gods. It also needs to be powerful enough to get through the enchantments in one go. Thus, we created this. Something so ridiculous and large that will punch through their enchanted castles and wipe them out in an instant."

Navi flew back over to us. "It's so cool! We want this to be seen as it falls, so along with a strengthening enchantment to the outer shell of the nose, I have light enchantments on it. The entire time it falls, it will look like an incredibly bright star, drawing everybody's attention.

"Lia, back in the day, wasn't super into explosives, but there were a couple different publicly accessible recipes in our memories. They were for things called black powder, nitroglycerin, and tannerite. Just so you girls know, nitroglycerin, and the dynamite it can make, is scary and way too unstable. Black powder and tannerite have almost the same explosive power as each other for the same volume, but tannerite is much safer!"

I nodded as the girls continued listening to us brag. "It's so stable, that we added a bunch of cores enchanted to explode when the bomb smashes into the castle. We weren't completely sure if the shock from the impact would guarantee the explosion, so we have the cores ready to explode and trigger it when they receive the impact.

"This one is the largest bomb. We have two smaller ones for the two ducal castles. With a fairy dropping one of the three bombs from a couple miles up, they'll drop for over thirty seconds. With there only being three human-controlled dungeons, these will wipe away their castles and the leadership inside. It should also be enough to erase the other influential people in the immediate vicinity"

I put away the bomb as Navi took out multiple sacks from another big-bag. Being able to move this monstrosity with a bag is a complete cheat. The fact that a fairy will be able to carry and drop it just goes to show how much of a cheat it really is. 

If something like this was directed at us, I'm not entirely sure how we could stop it. A fairy is so small that you can't hit them from a couple miles in the air. I doubt you could even see them, even with enhanced eyesight, and only if they didn't cloak themselves with magic. The fact that they could just drop literal bombs on a target nearly indefinitely is just insane.

Fuck. Even the dwarves wouldn't be safe in their mountain homes. A fairy could just whip out a time bomb of this size in the middle of town and the whole fucking mountain could collapse.    

One of the main reasons we wanted to keep these things secret is the explosive mixture is so stupidly simple, it could cause issues if others knew. We call it tannerite, but I guess technically it's ammonal. Like calling all adhesive bandages Bandaids or calling tissues Kleenexes. I think the real name brand Tannerite on Earth had a few other things mixed in, but for our purposes, keeping it simple was good enough. We just needed an absolute shit ton of ammonium nitrate and a bit of aluminum powder.

I know there were probably better explosives for our purposes that existed on Earth, but I wasn't really into that stuff, so I never looked into it. The only reason I knew about nitroglycerin was because it won a Nobel Prize, thus the formula was public. Black powder was from curiosity, and this mixture was from online videos of people blowing stuff up with something that was hardly regulated. 

"And these are our other gifts!" Navi happily said, pointing at the big-bags she just took out. "We have a bunch of cores that are rigged to explode simultaneously when in a certain distance from each other. Some are even from dragons to increase the power as well as the distance it can be from another core. 

"I also made some enchanted cores that will trigger from the air pressure the bombs will create, as well as some that are set as timers."

The girls looked at the sacks for a few seconds before Lala raised her hand. "Um, but if you have the bombs, why do you need these cores?"

I smiled. "A couple reasons. Firstly, because the bombs are too indiscriminate. They're made to be a statement piece that can punch through the castles and erase the area around their impact. However, to do that, they will destroy the surrounding area and collapse many of the buildings in the cities. Many unrelated people will die from the buildings collapsing, not including the blast area. 

"Secondly, We are going to wipe out a majority of the rot in the Empire simultaneously. There aren't enough fairies to drop bombs on everyone we want to, so we need to have another route."

"Hahaha! This stuff is nuts!" Jinx said. "I love this family!"

Navi darted over and caught both fairies in a hug. "Mommy loves you both so much!"

I could only watch warmly as the two princesses attempted to escape from their mom. After a bit more back and forth, we all called it a day and teleported back home with the two fairy spies promising not to talk to anyone about the weapons.

A month later, we revealed the weapons to the other fairies, Sara, and Ailine. They were surprised at what we had come up with. I also scheduled a call and told all members of the MSF about the enchanted cores and gave them instructions for their placement. We didn't tell them about the bombs, as those are things that we don't want anyone to ever attempt to recreate.

I gave the sacks of the different cores to Tsuki and Carmen. Sara gave them a map, and we sent them off to different parts of the Empire. Their job was to deliver sacks to each of the MSF teams and assist with their placement if there was someplace that security was too tight to be reasonable for the MSF soldiers to infiltrate stealthily.

I had Sara handle if teams needed to divide to have someone at each spot needing to be triggered. Each team would take their sacks and place them so as to kill every target on our kill list, besides Dolores who we removed. They also have been gathering their own list of targets of people they think are worth killing. 

Am I giving too much power to the soldiers by giving them the ability to choose their own targets? Perhaps, but I doubt any of them are going to take advantage of this too much. They have been following their orders dutifully thus far. Some may have some personal vendettas or a bias, but I don't really give a fuck. 

From the reports I've received, they have been listening and only making rapists and murderers disappear if it wouldn't create suspicion. They don't interfere with thieves or other nonviolent crimes for the most part. Even with this strike, they were ordered to only focus on the bastards that they couldn't eliminate up to now, such as merchants or lower nobility brats. 

Along with destroying the mansions of nobles or other trash that they haven't made disappear yet, they will also destroy churches. For all of the cores, the soldiers will use earth magic to make holes in support structures or load bearing walls to place them inside, and then cover them back up. Even for those without a high talent in Earth Magic, most are now able to do this much at the very least after training.

Those MSF soldiers in the three cities that bombs will be dropped would place the cores with the air pressure triggers. They will then leave the cities to go to other targets that need the timer triggers activated manually.

Those in other towns and cities will place their own cores with a timer. If they needed to split their teams to activate timers in different areas, they would. After activating the timers, they would get away from the area as quickly as possible.

For two months, the soldiers worked on placing the cores as Navi and I continued to make literal tons of the exploding powder to fill our creations. It's the same thing we have been doing for over a year. Tsuki and Carmen returned as well. If we couldn't make these fucking bombs with magic, there would be no way to get enough of the powders. The cost alone would make an explosive of this size, on Earth, completely out of reach, yet alone not being able to move the damn things.

I do feel a little bit awkward using bombs in a fantasy world. However, there aren't many alternatives. Whatever enchanters lived in the past did a damn good job on connecting cities to the dungeon cores to make them nearly impenetrable fortresses.

If it wasn't for the elven king getting himself killed, I doubt the humans would've been able to destroy their city. I guess that's the downfall of a defense that is powerful yet needs to be activated manually, and a passive castle enchantment that is still incredibly powerful but can be on all the time. 

From what soldiers have reported after gathering information on the human dungeon, the power draw from the enchantment is likely why they can't power level all of their soldiers like we do. Their dungeons can't make strong enough monsters fast enough or in a high enough quantity for the amount of soldiers. They also don't have an easily exploitable way to farm levels like we do with the fairies dropping rocks on the dragonids.

I had always wondered about that, but from what Navi has been able to put together, it makes sense. The constant power draw is also hampering the dwarven dungeon's potential for leveling. There really aren't any free lunches, and everything has a price it seems. 

The reason we could level so much with the fortress and even the dragon was because we didn't have a heavy draw on the core. I doubt we will be able to keep up the same things when we start using the cores for more municipal projects like automatically refilling the water towers or having more teleportation platforms. 

At long last, Navi and I sealed the hole on the final bomb after filling it to capacity. We were silent for a few seconds.

"Is this really it?" I asked as much to myself as to Navi.

"Heck yeah, it is!" Navi replied. "We're finally done, Vamps!"

I thought through my mental checklist. The cores were finished being placed last week. The Midnight Special Forces soldiers all knew their positions and were ready to strike with a few hours of notice. Our bombs were ready. I had my completed set piece with the diamond display tube and engraved structure with statues on its stage. 

"We're really done. After all these years we're finally in position to begin the endgame. How long has it been, Navi?" I asked.

She flew over and sat on my shoulder. "You mean since you died and woke up as a bishōjo vampire? In a couple weeks it'll be thirteen and a half years. You should really learn the different calendars here on Erald sometime. I don't think you have any excuses now."

"Yeah, I probably should," I admitted, a little embarrassed. "But I have my mind parasite to always keep me on track," I teased.

"Hey!" Navi said, faking feeling indignant. "I'm a winged parasite, thank you very much."

After a moment of silence, we both burst out laughing. I love Ailine and Anastasia with all of my heart as my wife and daughter. And I love Navi as a best friend and sister. 

With our shared memories, it almost feels like we grew up together. We both know everything about each other and nothing is worth being hidden. We have inside jokes and references that only we understand. We are similar in a lot of ways, but she very much has her own talents and personality. 

Nobody gives us as much shit as we do. We'll insult each other and screw with one another, but go on with our day afterwards as if nothing happened. Both of us would also do anything for the other. It truly feels like we're sisters, and I couldn't imagine having a better sister than this damn moth. 

"Come on," I said after we both calmed down. "Let's go fuck up an empire."

83