Side Story 1: A Meeting Between Gods
144 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~3rd Person Perspective~

 

 

In a place outside the mortal realm, immortal beings meet and discuss the mortal realms they are in charge of. All of them are in a space that was both bright and dark, freezing and boiling, a place of conflict and harmony in perfect balance and continuous change.

 

Voiceless discussions echoed in this space that exists from a mortal’s understanding. Gods and goddesses of different shapes and forms communicate with each other. They were united as one and conflicting with their thoughts and desires. A flaming lion roars about the creation of new veins where hot molten rock can form. Multi-headed sea serpents discuss the troubling amount of death within his waters. A woman with the face of a dragon talking about the need for a better race of mortals. Whether these are their true forms or just the rationalization of any mortal eyes the would lay upon them. All of these gods are discussing what to do with Gaia.

 

The only presence that was sure and steady among the cacophony of noise from the minor gods and goddesses was the ageless and eternally beautiful woman on a cosmic throne of stars. She was the Goddess Gaia. Her face was unmoved and unaffected by the noise before her. She just quietly sits and stares at the gods, waiting patiently for the conclusion of another discussion about the fate of Gaia. They share her will and wishes, but how these gods will accomplish it is up to them.

 

Once the long and winding discussion reaches its eventual conclusion the gods disappear one by one leaving the Goddess alone on her throne. Unchanging and endless in her governance with her world.

 

After reaching a conclusion the gods will deliver her will. After all, they are one and the same. Separate but united.

 

 

 

 

~A Certain God’s Perspective~

 

 

I stare at the Goddess sitting on her eternal throne. Since the birth of the gods and goddesses, she has been quieter and quieter. Taking pieces of herself and breathing a new will to it and creating a god that will do her bidding.

 

Each god born from her instinctively knew her wishes and most of what she knew and the reverse is the same. Every god is just an extension of her. And one of her eldest children lies at her feet whispering words that cannot be understood by anyone but her.

 

 

“My dear Goddess, your will has been followed but will it really result in what you desire.” (Mysterious God)

 

“You’ve sown seeds and all of them have bloomed. Whether they bore good or ill it doesn’t matter.” (Mysterious God)

 

 

His usual dynamic spirit was calm and quiet. A still and frozen lake. He once again addressed his mother and ruler.

 

 

“Your children are divided in how to fulfill your wishes. But down the path of fulfilling your desire will bring you more sorrow.” (Mysterious God)

 

 

His face was now filled with sorrow and desire to keep her from sadness. Her first child a reflection of her willfulness and wishes. Known by many names and portrayed in multiple myths. The god with enough will to choose a path to take.

 

 

“I have planted new seeds on your behalf. I will have to protect you from yourself my mother, my Queen, my Goddess, my Dearest.” (Mysterious God)

 

 

As the god with multiple names and personalities rose from where he lay, a smile crept on his face. It was both kind, sad, and mocking.

 

 

“Let us play a game and may it lead to that which you desire.” (Mysterious God)

 

 

He leaped into the void leaving the promise of a game and a future she desired.

3