chapter 8: ashes to ashes
187 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
I see that the mix of races is the main choice, quite alright with me.

This chapter is from the perspective of the Gray lady. I write it from the writing style I expect from the character, so you will see a more bubbly, but intelligent dialogue from this girl. The character thinks/talks in the third person, so she is written in the 3rd person.

My H key is stuck, so I took much longer to write this.


Gray lady

'The girl collapsed in fear after seeing me, was there something scary around here?' the girl thought

She looked around herself, the only things that were there were her townsfolk

then she looked down at herself, at her gray form 'She couldn't be talking about me, I'm gray!' she thought to herself

she looked back down at the young girl, “Let's get you inside!” cried the bubbly girl

The mush people, after seeing the event unfold, walked back to where they were, maybe she could make them more real with the help of this girl!

The girl carried her into the first house on the side, the people in that house had long since failed as her project.

She carried her inside the building, laying her out onto a bed.

Looking down at the girl, she thought about how she might talk to the girl.

She didn't think about how the little girl might have mislabeled the gray girl.

She was worried about something else

“Why is she staying this small, when I only stayed this small for a short amount of time?”

The girl looked at the girl, maybe the girl was unique like her.

Maybe she didn't wake up in a burned town, though…


Gray lady past

She woke, how she knew herself as she, she didn't know.

She looked around herself, at herself

all in her sight was gray, on, and on over the distance, the ground was covered in a dusting of something of gray or white.

What she was? She was a small ball of the exact dusting around, but she knew that which was around her wasn't part of her.

But…

Could she make it part of her?

She rolled over to the particles to see that it made her bigger, becoming a part of her form.

She rolled over the particles for a while, before she smelled something wet, something wet in the air.

The very air became her enemy, she started to feel slowed by it, rushing under one of the pieces of rubble.

Before, the rain came, the very ash on the ground became solid from the saturation of the air,

The saturation in the air allows you to evolve your ash form

[ash-born soul]

y/n

she didn't mull over the details for too long, accepting it almost immediately

it's not like she could do anything else about the rain

the rain, that is what it is called

that was the last thought she had before she fell unconscious from the evolution


Gray lady, present

after that evolution, she would roll around in the ash to bring herself to the next evolution, and the next, and so on and so on.

She had reached finally a human form, and she had regained some humanity and her human memories

she had discovered what had happened to her human self. Now, though, she was a broken soul, given form through a little speckle of magic, and a molded form from ash.

Quite an achievement for a broken soul, but she had tried to recreate the town as best she could, even if it resulted in mushed work from the rain that destroyed her works. The people she had created were not smart enough to try and escape the rain, so they had hardened somewhat, weakening their constitution and their features mushed together.

She was pissed off at their stupidity, she had created them directly in correspondence to everything she could find left in the town. The diary of the blacksmith, the seamstress's daily notes, and the knight's reports didn't incorporate enough information for realistic creations. The best was created with criminal reports, but she didn't like how they acted when she gave them life.

There was only one that did well with that, a child with a broken body1a report on a murder that she had found, but she didn't want to give it a life in which it was pain, so she didn't create an ash puppet.

She smacked herself in the head, there is an amazing model right here in the building with her, and she wouldn't complain while she's sleeping.

she started grabbing the girls cheeks, stretching them out, pulling them back in, before-

Smack!

poof!


Luna

Luna did feel bad for smacking the woman, but she was trying to get the taste of the woman's fingers out of her mouth.

What she hadn't expected was for the woman's head to explode, that was too much of a surprise for Luna, so she screamed again and crawled away into the corner of the bed.

The now headless woman was feeling around in front of her, before she grabbed a fist full of the remaining pieces, and put it where her head used to be

The woman made a horrifying golem face, her mouth where her right eye used to be, her ear was sitting on her chin...

Luna blacked out again in fear, that new face was a face only a monster could love.

sorry I made her blackout again, but who in their right mind would be able to see that, and stay okay?

7