Chapter 4: Unsuspecting
3.8k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day. Keno woke up from his body being shaken.

 

“Hmmm. Is it morning already.”

 

Keno yawned and wiped his face with his hands. He opened his eyes and saw the beautiful class president standing near his bed. Her hands were on her hips while looking down at him with a wry smile.

 

“Ah, good morning Stephanie.”

 

Keno said while still half-asleep. Stephanie, on the other hand, had a beautiful smile on her face when Keno greeted her.

 

“Go wash and change your clothes. I already made you some breakfast.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Keno dragged his half-awake body to the toilet and washed himself.

 

“Fu fu fu, isn’t this the same as a wife taking care of his husband. I’m getting closer to my goal.”

 

Stephanie descended the stairs and went straight to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. It was amazing to see her fluid movements. She knew where all the kitchen utensils are located. She did not have any problem. It did not take long before a simple breakfast was laid on top of the table. Two sets of utensils were arranged on the table.

 

“Oh, you even prepared breakfast this time. Thank you.”

 

Stephanie looked at the happy face of Keno before turning silent. Keno felt that Stephanie wanted to say something but was unable to.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Keno was waiting for Stephanie to say something, but it seems the question was a bit difficult to ask. Stephanie shook her head.

 

“Hnnn, it’s nothing. I just remembered how you were so hungry yesterday and I thought it was my fault for dragging you out of bed without asking you if you have eaten.”

 

“Don’t worry about that. It wasn’t your fault. I should have woken earlier. Haha.”

 

Keno laughed while saying so. He felt there was something else bothering Stephanie but he decided to not ask anything that she did not want to discuss.

 

I heard from my co-workers that women can suddenly change just from asking the wrong question. It’s better to just shut up and wait for her to tell me on her own.

 

Even though Keno did not experience having a girlfriend, his senpai’s from work would always talk about their wives. He heard such terrible things that he wondered himself if women are really that vicious and demanding. He thought that they might have over-exaggerated some of the things they mentioned. But since he was the youngest, he was afraid to ask them questions with regards to their relationships.

 

“Let’s eat. We don’t want to be late for school.”

 

“Of course.”

 

Keno continued eating the food that was served to him. He felt extremely grateful for the food and the beautiful girl accompanying him for breakfast.

 

“Oh by the way. When will Aunt come back from their trip?”

 

“They’ll be back after two weeks. I heard their conference will take longer this time.”

 

“Is that so. Hmm, I see. You don’t have to worry about your breakfast. I’ll make it for you every day til Aunt comes back.”

 

Keno did not suspect anything from Stephanie asking that specific question. He thought it was natural for her to ask about his parents since they were childhood friends and neighbors. He also wondered about Stephanie’s parents since she was at his house very early every day. He wanted to get the memories of the previous owner's body, but to his dismay, the world was not a kind place to give him everything he needed in a silver platter.

 

One week passed peacefully. Mina would come and approach him every once in a while especially during break. However, Stephanie would always reign in the girl if she was getting out of hand. Keno was able to find out more about his standing at the school. The tried to figure out the people surrounding him and approached them with a careful and inquisitive attitude. He was in the midst of figuring out his classmates and how they interact with him in this world.

 

Friday

 

Ding Dong~

 

The bell rang and all the students cheered as it was the start of the weekend. They were delighted to get a break from school.

 

“Let’s go home Keno.”

 

Keno knew who the voice came from even without looking. He became fairly familiar with her since they were together every day. He looked up and saw Stephanie standing in front of him while holding a tall stack of books.

 

Why does she have a stack of books with her when you can search everything on the net?

 

Instead of asking her about all the books she was carrying, he decided to offer a helping hand.

 

“Let me carry those for you.”

 

Keno reached out his hands and carefully placed the books on his own arms. There was a hefty weight to it considering how thick the books are. Stephanie smiled beautifully at the simple gesture that Keno did.

 

“Thank you very much.”

 

“Nah, it’s the least I could do since you cook and make meals for me.”

 

Keno started walking when he had all the things he needed to carry with him. They walked in silence all through the way home.

 

Stephanie doesn’t really talk too much when we are together. I wonder why she still likes coming to my house to pick me up.

 

They reached Stephanie’s front door and Keno was about to hand over the books that he carried when he heard Stephanie speak.

 

“Do you want to come inside and have some juice and snacks.”

 

Keno looked at the time and found that it was still early. He did not have any second thoughts as he answered.

 

“Sure.”

 

I will be posting 2 chapters per week.

35