Special Chapter: Lore + Character Profiles + Extras
423 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, whoever is reading this ^^

I am aware that the lore of the story is a little bit confusing, so below is an incomplete list of all the intelligent beings in the world of the dark fantasy novel, "Yoseph Kramer and the March". (It is an incomplete list, because the story is still developing so I would like to avoid spoilers as much as possible)

•Yothagou- has bountiful of mana, but cannot use or process it themselves—will have to be used by every other being in order for them to start wielding mana. They become one with their masters through soul binding. They have their own body, but most of the time shape-shift into(and only) their master's form and have their consciousness and body be taken over anytime. They are now able to process/use magic, but only when their masters permits them to be able to. Basically they are like the second body of their masters. Aren't given names so they wouldn't form an emotional bond with their masters, and feel less "human" and insignificant.

[Additional Fact] Only when their master dies will they be set free from their soul binding(because if one merely escapes, masters could always take over their consciousness and get them back). However, only a few take a risk on killing their masters. Not only because it's hard to do, it's also because as powerless beings, they could not fend for themselves in this world, and do not know where other Yothagou are in hiding to group up with. Once caught, they are either sold to/hunted by those who are in need of Yothagou or be fed to/eaten by magical pets/beasts for their bountiful mana.

•Tanla- beings who can use/process mana, but with the help of magical tools and equipment. Because of this, they are most likely the ones in the trading/business industry, mostly the ones creating and selling said tools and equipment. Tanla are the "average humans" in this fantasy world.

•Kleimann- are beings who can use and process mana naturally, born either a fire, water, earth, or wind magic user.

[Additional fact] The Kramers are the strongest known Kleimann throughout the centuries, comparable to a Dieustroi.

•Dieustroi- are beings that are direct offsprings of a God(usually, with a Kleimann). Can use the holy power1the ability to go from one place to another immediately(teleportation), the ability to breathe underwater and in the grey area, the ability to understand and converse in all languages and sounds, and the ability to fly—all without the use of magical tools/equipment., and is naturally a four-element magic user. However, they aren't immortal, and not every Dieustroi is as proficient/amazing in wielding elemental magic.

[Additional Fact] The only uniform trait of Dieustroi are their otherworldly beauty.

•God- the highest form of beings. Immortals, and can only be killed through self destruction or by destroying their heart that is hidden somewhere in the world(even they themselves have no idea where). All born from the God of beginnings, they are the source of holy power and the ones responsible of distributing elemental magic to Kleimann. Each God has a title fitting to their special ability and responsibility.

[Additional Fact] Hibis Jang, the God of youth, got his title not just because of his forever youthful appearance, but also because he is responsible for the birth of Yothagou.

•Forbidden Ability Users- are beings made/manifested from the negative feelings of the God of beginnings, thus in order to defeat them/stop them from forming forever, Azura had to kill/spread himself as mana that lasts for millions of years(one might say that the Yothagou are the human embodiment of him for generations)

•[Grey Area] Dwellers- to be revealed soon.

•Dak- to be revealed soon.

•Dakhu- to be revealed soon.

•Gailu- to be revealed soon.

Do note that the beings mentioned are only intelligent ones. The non-intelligent ones are to be discussed in another chapter.

Characters mentioned in order:

Yun/Kayun Lee/Nayun Jang- the protagonist, died at 16 years old from leukemia. Age six when reincarnated as Nayun Jang. Has Prussian blue coloured (2A)hair, equally blue eyes. Is as pale as her father.

Hibis Jang- Nayun's father. God of Youth. A 7ft tall immortal being with paraiba tourmaline jewels as eyes and long, white hair that reaches the floor. His porcelain white skin akin to a ghost, and long, pointy ears adds on to his appearance as an ethereal being.

Hideon Jang- The youngest of the Jang family, until Nayun was born. Age ten when first introduced. Has azure blue coloured hair.

Freya Jang- The oldest sibling introduced in the sixth mansion, age 78 when first introduced. Has grandchildren who sometimes come over to play with Hideon and Nayun.

Mandu Jang- Characterized as a cheerful burly man.

Sir Franco- a Tanla with a longer-than-average dexterous tail. Is a big man, with a bigger belly than anyone else, but still dresses up quite nicely.

Janet Jang- briefly mentioned by Hideon, who taught him all about summoning Yothagou. Not much is known about her.

Hanse- a Yothagou with pale skin littered with bruises, cuts, and scars. Is nine years old, and malnourished when first introduced. Has jet-black hair that's slightly curly. Blue eye on the left, green on the right—has heterochromia. 

Hanse's older brother- same condition as his brother's, has darker skin that has bruises, cuts, and scars, and also has an abnormally thin body. Not much is mentioned about him.

Nancy Jang- a woman with a curvy romantic body type, and has thick, curly(3C) hair. Is 24 years old when first introduced.

Dulba Jang- not much is mentioned about him.

Abril Jang- not much is mentioned about him.

Nancy's Yothagou- a tall woman with unruly hair and a haughty appearance.

Damian Jang- Introduced as 35 years old at the start of the story. Is a clean and uptight man, which is why he tend to always wear formal clothes. Has a fox-like face, with thin brows,  curved eyes, high cheekbones, and thin lips that looked like it was always pursued. Always sports a blank expression.

Yoseph Kramer- Age seven when first introduced. The main protagonist of the dark fantasy novel, "Yoseph Kramer and the March". Has fiery red hair(that is orange in certain lightings) and brilliant azure eyes.

Vonn Sy Harper- Age eight when first introduced. One of the main protagonists/one of the two deuteragonists of the dark fantasy novel, "Yoseph Kramer and the March". Has jet-black hair and equally black eye colour. Is best friends with Yoseph, ever since, because of the close relationship their fathers had.

Extras:

I do read the comments on my work. I appreciate feedback and response—especially since I'm a newbie fantasy writer. I've only written romance/humor/tragedy novels in my entire writing career, so branching out in this type[fantasy] of genre is very new and fresh to me.

Main Issue: The story is very dark

Our protagonist reincarnates to "Yoseph Kramer and the March", a dark fantasy novel, so I tried to set up a setting that lives up to the novel's world—a world full of inequality, bleakness, violence, and struggle, despite the grand introduction of all beings being able to have/use magic in this fantasy world.

Initially drafting for TSCIATFB's first few chapters, it was only recently did I realise(through the comments) that I created a darker setting than expected. Since I am a beginner at writing very explicit and upsetting scenes/situations, I actually thought that I was only making a sorry attempt of what is to be expected in a dark fantasy novel—so I didn't bother putting a lot of warnings. Just slapped a brief warning on the story's description and went about.

But now that I am aware that what I write is actually triggering and a bit too much to some, I shall be taking such dark themes seriously, and will be changing the rating of the story to that consisting of content warnings.

Will it continue to be this dark?

Unfortunately, yes, but not all the time. The "fucked up" setting of the story would actually be one of the biggest plot drivers of the story, and without it, there is no reason for our protagonist, Yun, to be the protagonist of this story in the first place. I would've explained more, but there is only a certain amount of spoilers to be known in one day :)

If you are a reader of mine who is quite sensitive to dark themes, I thank you for sticking around and giving the story a chance, but this is the cue for you to leave. I cannot promise happier/light-hearted themes, as the story will proceed to get darker as the series progress. Yun will only continue to uncover and unravel ugly things in the world of the dark fantasy novel, "Yoseph Kramer and the March".

Side Issue: Are Yothagou Actually Slaves?

Like sloths who are born with zero defense mechanism and is riddled with mostly setbacks, Yothagou are also born similar to that. The only difference between sloths and Yothagou are 1)their intelligence, 2)their worth. Compared to sloths, Yothagou are similar to your average human being, who is [emotionally] intelligent—capable to think and feel emotions. Also, unlike sloths who're pointless enough to be food, the Yothagou are actually a necessity for most beings to be able to start their magic-wielding journey. Without them, the rest wouldn't be able to even absorb and process mana which is important in this fantasy world. And since the Yothagou are beings that cannot use magic by themselves, they could only resign to soulbind with another being to survive, since they could be easy prey to magical beasts. By our(and our protagonist Yun's) moral standard and common sense, this is slavery, but to their world, it is how it is.

We are going to navigate this fantasy world through our protagonist's eyes, who is from our(regular, non-magic) world. Naturally, she is to act the way we will act if ever we were to be reincarnated into the novel's world. Whether Yun does something to change the way this world treats Yothagou or conform with the rest, it is for us to figure throughout.

Side Issue: Would there really be romance in this story?

Yes, but it will not be the main focus.

Side Issue: Where the hell is the school life mentioned in the tags?

Since the dark fantasy novel "Yoseph Kramer and the March" was mostly set in the protagonists' school, naturally, that is where most of TSCIATFB will also take place. However, the world of the dark fantasy novel is so vast that I feel like a good world building is something I should focus on first. The school life will come soon, don't worry :)

Short Facts

•The Jang household members all have blue hair, only in different shades.

•Hibis has to actually sleep with women in order to produce Dieustroi offspring.

•There was never been a Dieustroi born by a Kramer woman.

•Only Gods can produce a Dieustroi, a Dieustroi cannot(even if it's a Dieustroi couple). At most, they will only be able to produce a Kleimann. 

That is all for now. I have been on a month-long hiatus, but now I could update at least once a week—I do not have a set day on when, I also do not have a definite amount of chapters. There will be a time where I'd be motivated enough to release two or more chapters a day, but we will never know whenヽ(´ー`)┌

If you have any questions or concerns about the novel, do message and comment anytime. I might be addressing those in the next special chapter. I very much so appreciate feedback, so if ever there is something that could be improved on, do say. Though it would be much more preferred if talked through private message, since I would like the comment section be more about the story.

As closing, once again, I would like to thank those who gained interest in this novel birthed by a novice. I hope you enjoy your stay, as I would writing it. Let's be together for a long time :)

-margughhh

9