CH 12 : DEDUCTION
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of the people present in the hall, except Feng Luotian, were in a complete shock at how knowledgeable he was when they heard his long explanation.

Especially First Elder who was Peacock Lord's uncle and had lived for almost a hundred years old. He had been living in this city and had fought with Wight Wolves for three generations, but even he did not know as much as Feng Luotian right now.

Sun Wuji was awestruck, gaping at his brother: "Brother Feng, since when have you become a Monster Hunter?" He could not hold it anymore, so Sun Wuji asked him straightaway.

Monster Hunter was a profession specializing in hunting monsters, so they tend to know more about monsters than other people.

Feng Luotian lightly chuckled: "Hehe, I just happened to come across the info when I was reading books."

Thinking that his brother was lying, Sun Wuji immediately yelled out: "You liars!! I have never seen you read books. I have known you before you could even read."

Feng Luotian: "No, I didn't lie. I can read long before you know me."

Sun Wuji was getting more and more irritating at Feng Luotian's continuous farce: "Bullshit!!"

Peacock Lord clapped his hand to stop the two from quarreling and said: "Good information and analysis, Tian'er. I don't even know some of the things you said. But I won't pursue such a matter. I can only say that it is to be expected from you."

Feng Luotian smirked at Sun Wuji to get a scornful 'Hmph' back right after. But he did not mind that at all, because it was understandable. How could someone like him who had endlessly trained and never touched any books ever since became crippled know more than Peacock Lord?

Nevertheless, there was no lie in Feng Luotian's words. He had indeed obtained such thorough data from a book. However, that 'book' was one among thousands of encyclopedias written by the most well-known and most ancient library in the universe, Coeus, which was located on one of the planets within his father's territory.

Feng Luotian was once assigned by his father to be Coeus's head librarian for a time to acquire as much knowledge as possible in the given time. That was why he had a chance to come across all history and knowledge recorded since the start of time.

Feng Luotian turned to his brother and said: "Brother Sun, you have something to say as well, right?"

Sun Wuji gave a side glance to Feng Luotian, then reported while cupping his hands: "Report to Peacock Lord, after we were subjected to the Wight Wolf's suppressive force, I volunteered to distract the monster while Sister Mei carrying Brother Feng away. Yet even I was charging at it, the monster did not have the slightest interest in hunting me, the easier prey right in front. Rather, it relentlessly pursued Brother Feng and Sister Mei. But I don't know who it was hunting though."

Feng Luotian added: "I think it should be Yue'er. After it caught up to us, it singularly focused on her. It may seem like she successfully distracted the monster from me, but as the battle went on, it did not glance at me even once. Long story short, the monster was not hunting for food. It came with a target in mind, which was also not normal behavior of a monster of low-level intelligence."

Sun Wuji also added: "Even more than that, Peacock Lord. After we saw Brother Feng got eaten by the beast, with anger, we broke through and barely defeated it. However, in one or two minutes, it got back up with more strength and no injuries at all. To me, that was so strange. Even now, I don't know how or what it did."

Feng Luotian: "Up to here, there is only one answer to all this, Uncle Mei."

Peacock Lord: "Yes, Tian'er. Only one answer."

Sun Wuji: "What answer?"

Feng Luotian: "A summon."

Sun Wuji: "A summon?"

Peacock Lord explained: "Yes, there is no reason for a Talon Monster to come all the way to the green zone of the Warland Thicket just to hunt some weaklings as it has too little benefit and wastes too much of its time. It should have been summoned by a ceremonial technique. So, it is not the monster that targeted Yue'er. This is humans … or rather cultivators' work."

Sun Wuji was now even more confused than before: "Cultivators? Who would be so foolish as to try to kill Peacock Lord's daughter? Not to mention God's decree."

Feng Luotian shook his head: "Brother Sun, my father's decree has only limited to the threat from outside the city, not to mention that he has gone for several years without coming back even once. Some people already ignored my father's prestige seven years ago, let alone now. The effect of that decree has withered down day by day as time pass. We must consider both internal and external forces who might become our enemies soon or later. If not for Uncle Mei and Mei Clan's strength, we might not be this peaceful until today."

Peacock Lord heavily nodded in approval: "Tian'er is right. Although we, the Mei Clan, are the lord of this untouchable city, we still have a lot of hidden enemies. It's not that strange if someone plans something in the dark."

"I see." Sun Wuji nodded and asked another one that was still unclear: "What about that strange behavior when it used suppressive force instead of [Ghost Walk]? A monster controlled by cultivators should all the more use the most efficient way to hunt the target."

Feng Luotian promptly commented: "Wrong. Exactly because it was controlled by a cultivator that it acted this way."

Sun Wuji: "I don't get it."

Feng Luotian explained: "They only wanted to kill Yue'er, not anyone else. The suppressive force was not there just to scare us, but to divide our group. They should know my identity as well as our relationship. In their eyes, I am a burden who always needs protection from you two. Upon sensing a threat, one of you would have to face that threat while the other would have to carry me away as far and as fast as possible. Whether Yue'er would choose to sacrifice herself or flee with me, either of that would be an easy task a Talon Monster to finish her."

Peacock Lord added: "It may not be the most efficient way, Sun Wuji, but it is the most planned out method that mindless beasts could never think of. They didn't want to risk you two fighting the beast together, because there might be a possibility of you defeating it, even though they have got themselves a warranty. Whoever they are, we have got ourselves a very cautious enemy."

Sun Wuji asked: "What kind of warranty, Peacock Lord?"

Peacock Lord answered: "The one you told us about it got back up with more strength and no injuries after being defeated. They must have used some kind of enhancement technique to make their monster stronger and recover from its wounds."

Sun Wuji started to see everything clearly now as anger roused from his stomach: "Damn them!! But why aren't you angry at all, Peacock Lord? Your daughter was targeted this time."

"Of course, I am angry, but it is better to stay calm in this kind of situation. This will smoke out the culprit."

Peacock Lord solemnly replied to Sun Wuji's question and gave out an order: "First Elder, please have someone investigate this matter! However, do it discreetly!"

"Understood, Clan Chief!!"

Following that, First Elder flashed and disappeared from the hall.

Peacock Lord waved his hand: "You two can return now. I will take care of this matter from here. If I have any update, I will send someone to inform you."

Sun Wuji: "Yes, Peacock Lord!!"

Feng Luotian: "Yes, Uncle Mei!!"

Both of them cupped their hands and gave another respectful bow to Peacock Lord and left the hall.

Once there was no one in the hall, Peacock Lord softly mumbled: "Tian'er has changed a lot after this encounter. And this feeling, the second God may come faster than all of us expected."

1