CH 28 : COMPATIBLE SKILLS
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite his vice-leader's warning, it was too late for Jiu Hao to dodge as he was too angry to listen at this point, ergo, he tried to catch the spear with his gauntlet hands.

When Jiu Hao caught it, the black spear turned to five abyssal chains slithered all over his arm and body, like snakes. Following that, the chains dove its fore-end into the ground, pinning Jiu Hao from executing any movement.

[Abyss Bind Formation]: the formation's magic circle needed to be written upon a pole-like object or weapon. Once being thrown, that object or weapon would transform into five abyssal chains to restrict the target's movement to the ground.

The ones who threw those two spears were Feng Luotian and Tu Lingxi who returned to the village once Feng Luotian was done collecting the third squad's souls.

Consistent with the previous two formations, Feng Luotian infused the [Abyss Bind Formation] with all the Six Fangs monster cores provided by the village to enhance the formation's effect. Otherwise, the [Abyss Bind Formation] alone would not be able to restrain an Eight Fangs Fighter such as Jiu Hao.

Immediately after Jiu Hao was being ensnared by the [Abyss Bind Formation], Feng Luotian and Tu Lingxi with each having a dagger in their hands darted towards Jiu Hao, intending to finish him off first.

Mao Quanzhou exclaimed: "Not good!!" He burst out his Theríon in full force, creating a dark-red wind barrier around Jiu Hao, preventing Feng Luotian and Tu Lingxi from approaching his leader.

Feng Luotian shouted: "Change of plan!! Get the vice-leader first!!"

Tu Lingxi acknowledged: "Got it!!" She immediately changed her course of action, then closely followed Feng Luotian.

As Feng Luotian focused on Mao Quanzhou, Kronos popped up the info, causing him to pause in his track.

Tu Lingxi also stopped her advance: "What's wrong?"

====================

Name: Mao Quanzhou

Level: Seven Fangs

Bloodline: Evil Wind Dusk Chasing Owl

Bloodline Ability: Evil Cyclone

Every time the user's melee attack hits the target, one cyclone will be generated and can be used to either attack or heal the user's injury.

====================

Feng Luotian said in low voice: "His ability?! This is troublesome. If we don't finish him fast, the fight will be much longer than we expected."

Tu Lingxi asked in surprise: "You know his ability?"

"Yes, I can identify people's ability if I want to."

"!!" The plain answer from Feng Luotian shocked Tu Lingxi's mind blank for a period of time until she recovered: "The more I know about you, the less I think I know you at all."

Feng Luotian let out a chuckle, then explained his plan: "Sister Tu, we can't let his melee attacks hit us. Avoid them at all costs. One hit can increase the difficulty and risk of this whole operation."

Tu Lingxi nodded as she proudly gave out a comment: "Okay. Speed had always been my strongest quirk."

Feng Luotian glanced at the prideful girl beside him and said: "Really? Then let's go."

Following that, he flashed towards Mao Quanzhou, followed by Tu Lingxi.

Noticing the incoming duo, Mao Quanzhou said: "You think a Six Fangs Fighter and a …"

The fact that he could not feel any Theríon from Feng Luotian made him surprise and pause mid-sentence. After a little bit of reflection, Mao Quanzhou chuckled: "Even though I can't sense your cultivation, but from your momentum, you can't be stronger than Six Fangs, right? Since that's the case, then come and meet your end!! [Evil Typhoon]!!"

Mao Quanzhou cried out as he activated his ultimate skill.

The surrounding wind turned fiery as its color became bloody. In just a few seconds, the atmosphere within 500 meters radius turned to crimson color. Everyone within it could feel their speed was being restricted. Their running speed right now was as fast as they crawled. Only Wu Neng, who was of the same cultivation level, could move without much difficulty, but he was busy fighting the first and second squad leaders.

Even more than that, five [Evil Cyclones] were presently dancing around Mao Quanzhou's figure.

The villagers, along with Tu Lingxi, dazedly stood there.

Feng Luotian howled: "Damn it!! I underestimated him!! Although he lacks cultivation, he trained a very high-ranked compatible skill!!"

It was very difficult to find a skill that was compatible with one's bloodline ability, much less a high-ranked one.

Not only did the [Evil Typhoon] slow down the user's enemies letting Mao Quanzhou be able to land more melee hits and generating more [Evil Cyclones] as a result, the skill could also produce five [Evil Cyclones] upon activation giving him even more advantage over others.

With all the unexpected, Feng Luotian had no choice but to advance now. That [Abyss Bind Formation] was not eternal. If he waited until their leader came out of the formation, all villagers' lives were as good as gone.

Lightning garbed around Feng Luotian's body as he rushed towards Mao Quanzhou and began his fight with him. Even though his speed was drastically plummeted down, Feng Luotian still had his [Pinnacle Flash Lightning] and [Momentum Eyes] to make up for it.

Right now, Feng Luotian was engaging in melee combat with Mao Quanzhou. He could even stand an equal ground when fighting Mao Quanzhou without getting hit, but he could not deal any damage to his opponent either.

The previous lightning clamor woke Tu Lingxi up from her stupefaction. She collected herself, then fetched a cherry blossom petal from her bag and placed it under her foot.

====================

Bloodline: White Bolt Floral Rabbit

Bloodline Ability 1: Void Jump

The user can jump from anything without ricocheting or impacting the jumping ground.

Bloodline Ability 2: Petal Prance

Increase the user's jump speed and jump force when jumping from a flower petal.

====================

Tu Lingxi soundlessly jumped high up in the air. Once she reached the highest point, she retrieved a seed from her bag: "[Thousand Cherry Blossoms]!!"

With the activation of the skill, a seed transformed into a thousand petals of cherry blossoms, scattering amongst the wind.

The skill to transform a seed into a thousand petals? Others would look down on such a useless skill, but not to the owner of [White Bolt Floral Rabbit Bloodline].

This was a perfectly compatible skill she could imagine because, with just one skill, she could have a thousand launching pads all around her enemies.

From one petal to another, Tu Lingxi incessantly hopped around the air, heading towards Mao Quanzhou.

On the ground, Feng Luotian and Mao Quanzhou were fiercely clashing with each other, but no one could land a clean hit on another. However, the longer they fought, the more disadvantageous Feng Luotian would be. It had been a while since Feng Luotian was activating his [Pinnacle Flash Lightning] and his Theríon was running low.

Feng Luotian had thought a lot of strategies to deal with his opponent quickly, but with his speed being drastically dwindled down under the [Evil Typhoon]'s effect, there were no other options to choose. Even more than that, even with his [Momentum Eyes], Feng Luotian needed to spend all of his focus in dodging Mao Quanzhou's attacks, because not only he must avoid the melee attacks from the front, but there were also five [Evil Cyclones] controlled by Mao Quanzhou that would occasionally attack him from the side and behind.

Feng Luotian knew full well of his ability's weak point; [Momentum Eyes] could see the path of projectile only within their vision range. Any projectile occurring behind him would render the ability useless. After calculating how to dodge the attack from the front, he would have to glance around from time to time.

Thankfully, with all the battle experiences he got from his past life, Feng Luotian could stay his focus for quite a long time, otherwise, he would already have made some mistakes causing his opponent to gain an advantage over him.

After exchanging dozens of moves against Mao Quanzhou and not being able to find a better way, Feng Luotian felt irritated: "Damn it!! This is troublesome!!" He had another trump card but he did not want to use it now.

But suddenly, a voice from heaven sounded: "Big Brother Feng, move out!!"

It was Tu Lingxi who was descending from the sky.

2