CH 30 : FIGHTING JIU HAO (1)
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiu Hao raised his hand to grab Feng Luotian's arm.

Feng Luotian's eyes flashed blue as he activated his [Momentum Eyes] to dodge the incoming grab and retreated safely beside Tu Lingxi. However, the next moment, a voice sounded from behind Feng Luotian and Tu Lingxi: "You think you're the only one who's fast?!"

It was Jiu Hao who manifested himself right behind them.

Feng Luotian felt an attack coming but did not know from which way it was, so he dashed forward to create some distance. Only, it was too late. Jiu Hao was quick-handed enough to catch his right leg.

After that, Jiu Hao repeatedly swung Feng Luotian down to the ground. Each swing made Feng Luotian cough off blood, and consequently, gave Jiu Hao more strength.

Tu Lingxi's mind was a bit slow, so she finally started to act after Feng Luotian was slammed quite a few times.

She retrieved a handful of cherry blossom petals from her bag and threw them upwards. Following that, she executed the same move as before.

Sensing Tu Lingxi, Jiu Hao had activated his [Stone Hide] skill.

Jiu Hao's defense forced Tu Lingxi's killing move to a useless one.

After receiving dozens of slashes from Tu Lingxi, Jiu Hao could somehow predict her movement. He then threw Feng Luotian away, and caught her head mid-air: "Let's see how you escape from my grasp this time, bitch!!"

Jiu Hao readied his [Bone Claw Gauntlet], preparing to stab Tu Lingxi with it. At the moment his weapon was about to sink its blades into her skin, Jiu Hao cried out in pain.

A spear was thrown by the village head, Wu Neng, and pierced Jiu Hao's shoulder, causing him to lose his grip and drop Tu Lingxi on the ground. She then withdrew from the battle with a pale face. Her entire body trembled with the thought of the dying moment just now. With her current condition, she could not participate in the fight any longer.

"!!" Feng Luotian frowned as he saw Jiu Hao was actually hurt.

Wu Ya took Tu Lingxi into the village while Wu Neng arrived at Feng Luotian's side: "Are you okay, my lord?"

Feng Luotian immediately turned to Wu Neng: "My lord? Why are you calling me that, Village Head?"

Wu Neng answered: "I'll explain it to you later, my lord. But are you alright?"

Feng Luotian asked while wiping away the blood that was trickling down from the corner of his lip: "I'm okay. By the way, Village Head, did you use any kind of skill with that spear just now?" He then took another ten of Moon Lotus Seeds to accelerate his Theríon regeneration.

Wu Neng answered: "No. It's a normal one. The situation didn't allow me to activate those sorts of things."

The village head's answer made Feng Luotian lost in thought: "How could a normal spear throw penetrate his stone skin? Is it really just because Village Head was at Seven Fangs? No."

Although his cultivation was just Five Fangs, Feng Luotian's current power was at the peak of Seven Fangs. Even so, his attack could not do anything to Jiu Hao.

"That must be it!! His stone skin must be a skill where one needed to spend Theríon over time upon activation. That's why he'll turn it off once he thinks there's no one to attack him. If that's the case, then there's some way to deal with this guy."

Before this, Feng Luotian tried to think of a way to deal some damage to Jiu Hao, but he knew that his damage was too low to overwhelm Jiu Hao's stony defense. Even Feng Luotian was to have more speed, if none of his attacks worked, nothing would matter.

That was why he did not bother attacking while using his utmost to protect himself from receiving too much damage from Jiu Hao's ground slams. Otherwise, with Jiu Hao's rising strength in every swing, Feng Luotian should be on his death door by now.

Right when Feng Luotian finished setting the plan in his head, Jiu Hao pulled the spear out of his shoulder as he groaned.

With Jiu Hao's ability: [Blood Sucker], his wound slowly healed from the life force he stole from Feng Luotian. Although not as fast as when Mao Quanzhou absorbed his five [Evil Cyclones], the healing was much faster than normal people.

Feng Luotian asked: "Village Head, how likely do you think we can defeat him?"

Wu Neng sighed: "Let's be frank. Less than five percent."

Feng Luotian smiled: "Then, how likely can we hold him down without letting him take any rest for five minutes?"

Wu Neng answered: "That's doable."

Feng Luotian: "Do you trust me, Village Head?"

Wu Neng: "Of course, my lord. More than that, you have led us this far and there's only one guy left. We will jump through fire if it was my lord's command."

Feng Luotian was still not used to being called like that but he saved it for later: "Let's do this, then!!"

Wu Neng heavily nodded.

Currently, Jiu Hao's wound was almost completely healed. Flame returned to his eyes as he uttered in rage: "Are you not done pissing me off, you, worthless trash?! From now on, there will be nothing but slaughter!!" He stomped and charged towards Feng Luotian and Wu Neng as they were also launching themselves towards their enemy.

Jiu Hao used [Bone Claw Gauntlets] equipped on both hands to repeatedly release series of slashes upon Feng Luotian and Wu Neng. Feng Luotian, who had deactivated his [Pinnacle Flash Lightning] ever since his leg was grabbed by Jiu Hao, chose not to reactivate the skill and used only his [Momentum Eyes] to survive the carnage.

Although Jiu Hao was fast and able to grab onto Feng Luotian earlier, it was because Jiu Hao caught him off guard. But now Feng Luotian was prepared for any attacks from his opponent, with his battle experience and reflexive capability, he could dodge all of them without a problem, that was if he was using [Pinnacle Flash Lightning].

However, Feng Luotian had planned for his skill later, so he was hoping that Wu Neng could fill the gap in strength and let him have an easier time avoiding Jiu Hao's onslaught.

Luckily, his hope came true. Wu Neng was performing much better than he thought as the village head had one of the blinding skills: [Illusion of Ravens].

[Illusion of Ravens]'s effect was done towards the target's mind, not their physical body. It could intensely lower the vision scope and only let the target see only ten percent of what they could normally see. Jiu Hao's attacks started to go all over the place and were missed at most times, creating many weak spots for Feng Luotian to exploit.

"Great!!" Feng Luotian exclaimed while thinking: "It would be much greater if you used it before I was caught, though, Village Head."

With Wu Neng's [Illusion of Ravens], Feng Luotian had a much easier time dodging Jiu Hao's attacks and could even land some hits, albeit not really effective under Jiu Hao's [Stone Hide].

The fight went on for two minutes without both sides dealing any damage to each other. That was when the effect of [Illusion of Ravens] wore off.

The first thing Jiu Hao did after he was free from the spell and regained his eyesight was to kill Wu Neng. Right now, he could not afford to take another [Illusion of Ravens] again after the skill was off its cooldown.

Jiu Hao turned blind eyes towards Feng Luotian as he was just an annoying brat who could not deal any damage to him anyway. But would Feng Luotian let Jiu Hao do as he pleased? The answer was hell no!!

2