CH 32 : UNDERWORLD ORB
34 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this due to chance by whether or not I can gain the ability of the soul I collected, or Mao Quanzhou's bloodline was really strong?"

This was somehow related to Kronos, if Feng Luotian did not know about it, he would not be able to request an answer from anyone else.

"Well, let's wait and see as we go along."

Following that, he collected every soul from every bandit lying lifeless in front of and at the center of the village. However, after he finished all that, he did not gain any other abilities nor skills.

After the tenth soul was collected, the [Last Dance Curse] was lifted. Feng Luotian's appearance returned to normal as his eyes became amethyst-color like before.

Additionally, Feng Luotian broke through to Six Fangs with all the energies he got from the soul collection.

Feng Luotian stood at the center of the village. He smiled as he looked at his stat.

====================

STATUS

Name: Feng Luotian

Level: Six Fangs (15%)

Skill 1: Pinnacle Flash Lightning Level 2 (851/1,000)

Wrap the user's body in lightning. Speed +300% (+38%). Lightning Resistance +30% (+13%). Attack +20% (+3%).

Ability 1: Last Dance Curse Level 6

Increase the user's power level by 1 for 10 (+2) minutes. However, the user has to collect 10 souls within 10 (+2) minutes, otherwise, the user's level will be decreased by 2.

Ability 2: Momentum Eyes Level 6

The user can see the momentum and projectile of every object within 45 (+20) meters.

Ability 3: Evil Cyclone Level 6

Every time the user's melee attack hits the target, one cyclone will be generated and can be used to either attack or heal the user's injury at a maximum of 6 Evil Cyclones at a time.

====================

Remark: Feng Luotian also got Lightning skill proficiency +15 | Speed skill proficiency +10 | Speed +3% | Attack +3% from benefits hidden within four squad leaders' souls.

Wu Neng approached Feng Luotian from behind. Previously, while Feng Luotian was collecting bandits' souls, Wu Neng had ordered his men to collect the spoils from the battle. Wu Neng retrieved the weapon from Jiu Hao's remains and presented it to Feng Luotian: "My lord, here is another piece of Jiu Hao's gauntlets. Would you like to receive all of their weapons?"

Feng Luotian accepted the gauntlet and put it into his spatial ring: "Only this piece is okay. Thank you, Village Head." He turned to Wu Neng and asked: "What's their aim? May I see it?"

The threats to the village were all gone, for now, so Feng Luotian was back to his clan's business.

Wu Neng heavily nodded and led the way: "Of course. This way, my lord."

When they arrived at a certain hut, Wu Neng stopped and invited Feng Luotian inside: "It's here in my hut, my lord. Please enter."

Feng Luotian: "Excuse me, then." He walked into the hut, but once he stepped inside, a little girl was leaping into his embrace.

Wu Xin: "Big Brother, are you okay? Thank you for helping us" She said as she started sobbing in gratitude.

Feng Luotian answered as he gently stroked her hair: "Wu Xin. I'm alright and it's alright."

Within the hut, there were two other people, Wu Ya and Tu Lingxi. Tu Lingxi was sitting on the couch while Wu Ya was standing to greet him. Although Tu Lingxi's face was still pale, there was a slight tinge of redness as she regained her mental strength.

Feng Luotian asked: "Are you alright, Sister Tu?"

Tu Lingxi: "I'll be completely fine within two hours at most."

Feng Luotian: "Don't force yourself too much. It should be the first time you're in the face of death. It's normal to suffer some mental breakdown after such a thing. After all, you're just a kid."

Tu Lingxi gave Feng Luotian a glare: "Hmph! Look at who's talking!"

Tu Lingxi was only one year younger than Feng Luotian. As someone who usually thought of herself as a fierce woman, Feng Luotian calling her a kid was quite an offense. Never would she know that his mind's age was fifty times older than hers.

Wu Ya literally pulled Wu Xin out of Feng Luotian as she refused to let go and attached to him like glue: "Xin'er, that's enough. Your Big Brother has some business to discuss with your father."

To the hindermost room of the hut, Wu Neng led Feng Luotian. Once its door was opened by Wu Neng, Feng Luotian saw a small altar with several decorations in the middle of the room. Floating above the altar was an egg-sized black bead. It constantly released energy onto the altar which was connecting with several magic circles on the floor within the room. This energy was invisible to naked eyes. One had to use their Theríon to enhance their vision to see it. Nevertheless, the pressure it unleashed could be perceived by anyone within its perimeter.

Others may not know about this bead, but not Feng Luotian: "Just an [Underworld Orb]!! Now I have an answer to that question."

There was one question popping up in Feng Luotian's mind ever since he came to the village. How could the village survive in this part of the Warland Thicket where monsters of Four Fangs or higher were swarming all around the place with their strongest fighter being at only Seven Fangs? There must be some treasure or formation provided by his clan.

However, normally, such protection should be able to protect the village from both monsters and humans. Then why was the village still attacked by humans? The answer was this [Underworld Orb].

[Underworld Orb] was specialized in repelling monsters but not humans. It was used to establish a barrier to fend off any monster that would be attacking it, but it did not have any effect on humans.

On the bright side, the [Underworld Orb] gave a much higher effect on monsters, therefore, it could guard the area against even high-level Wing Realm monsters. In other words, without any humans involved, this village was impregnable by any monsters.

Feng Luotian guessed that this should be the result of his clan's carelessness. The one in charge of this area probably thought that there were only monsters around here, so there was no need for any countermeasure for humans. As such, he felt an apologetic feeling towards the village because it was his clan's fault.

Despite all that feeling, he still had no means to alleviate this situation, as of now. He could only come back later when he reached a higher level in cultivation. This made him shake his head as he let out a huge sigh.

Then, Feng Luotian asked another question: "How did the Bandit Troupe know about this?"

Wu Neng answered: "Last month, there was a Talon Monster coming to attack the village out of the blue. Luckily, we have this treasure protecting us. The Troupe must have seen it when the monster failed to breach our village barrier and think that we have some valuable protective item within the village."

Feng Luotian furrowed his brows: "A Talon Monster in this area of Warland Thicket? What level? What type?"

Wu Neng: "It should be One Talon Diamond Fang Rock Panther, my lord. Is there anything wrong with the monster?"

"Another One Talon tamable monster in the green zone, huh?"

Feng Luotian continued asking: "How many attacks did the monster deliver at that time?"

Wu Neng: "Just three, my lord. Stronger with each blow. After those three blows, it left just like that."

"Heh … can you not make it any more obvious?"

Feng Luotian let out a small chuckle: "Okay. I'm done here." He turned his body and prepared to leave. However, his eyes caught a shabby-looking tome lying at the room corner beside the door. He walked towards it and picked it up.

As he wiped off the dust on its cover, his eyes lit up: "[Underworld Physique Skill Book]!!"

3