CH 33 : UNDERWORLD PHYSIQUE
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Luotian turned to Wu Neng as he asked: "Is this how you treat a skill book, Village Head?"

Wu Neng could not find any words to reply: "This …"

Feng Luotian: "You know what? If you let me read this before the battle, it would have been much easier and I don't have to go through all that pain and trouble."

There was no pressure nor accusation within his tone, yet Wu Neng fell to his knees: "I'm deeply sorry about this, my lord. It's because no one in the village could use this skill even after they tried to practice it many times, so I left it here. Never would I have thought that such a book could be used in a time of peril such as this. That's why I didn't mention anything about this book when we plan to take out those bandits. If my lord is angry with me, please p…"

Feng Luotian casually pulled Wu Neng up before he went on and on without end: "I was just asking and complaining a little bit. Why do you have to be this serious?"

Wu Neng's body was soaked in a cold sweat: "I was just …"

Feng Luotian interjected Wu Neng's sentence again: "It's alright, Village Head. Since you don't want it, may I keep this then?"

Wu Neng answered stutteringly: "O-O-Of course, my lord"

Feng Luotian chuckled at Wu Neng's nervousness. He placed his hand on the skill book planning to open and try to learn it right here and now. Of course, Feng Luotian knew about this skill, since it was one of the basic skills in his clan. However, the last time when Feng Luotian first obtained his new bloodline, he could not even use the simplest skill in the universe that he knew from his past life. He was wondering how he could gain new skills and one method he would very much like to try was learning the skill directly from the skill book. That was why he was very expecting to learn this new skill. However, Kronos popped up.

====================

Underworld Physique (Rare)

Multiply the weight of the user's body upon activation.

Would you like to learn this skill? [Yes] or [No]

====================

Well, as Feng Luotian already promised to himself that he would not be surprised with Kronos anymore. He only smiled wryly at what he saw in front of him and tapped the word [Yes].

====================

Skill 2: Underworld Physique Level 1 (0/200)

Multiply the weight of the user's body by 10 upon activation.

====================

"!!" Feng Luotian's complexion froze.

Wu Neng asked: "What's wrong, my lord?"

Normally, to learn skills from the skill books, one had to read every detail and completely comprehend every single line recording within it, after that, they could start practicing it.

Even then, it was still unknown whether the cultivator would be able to practice and use the skills, and the difficulties of the skills normally depended on their ranks. Rare skills were more difficult than special skills, and special skills were harder to practice than normal skills

Now, however, Feng Luotian could learn a skill without reading one word from it. And it was already certain that he could use the skill because it was already on Kronos's status.

Feng Luotian handed the skill book back to Wu Neng: "On the second thought, this skill book should be passed down within your village. Even though there's no one in the village who can practice this skill, there may be one in the future. For example, Wu Xin might be able to practice this skill once she's awakened. However, you need to take more care of this book and give it to Wu Xin right after she's awakened."

Wu Neng heavily nodded: "Yes, my lord. As your command, my lord!!"

Wu Xin at the side tugged her mother's sleeve and asked: "Why does father have to act like he was very afraid of Big Brother?"

Wu Ya smiled at her daughter's innocence: "He was not acting, Xin'er. But your Big Brother came from somewhere very terrifying. Anyone from that clan could kill those bandits without even lifting a finger."

Wu Xin's eyes were sparkling at the story: "Wow!! Big Brother must be very powerful too then, right, mother?"

Wu Ya: "Yes, Xin'er. He's very strong. Even when he had two cultivation levels lower than your father, he could defeat someone whom your father would never hope to fight. But Xin'er, you can't blame your father for this. It's not that your father is not strong. It's your Big Brother that is too strong."

Wu Xin: "I got it, mother. I won't tell father that you said he's weaker than Big Brother."

Wu Ya gave a wry smile to her daughter. Her daughter probably did not get anything she was saying.

As they returned to the front room where Tu Lingxi was still recuperating, Feng Luotian said: "Okay, Village Head. Let's talk about the least important thing. May I sit down?"

Wu Neng: "Of course, my lord, please."

Wu Neng, Wu Ya, and Wu Xin also took their seats around the room.

Feng Luotian started: "How much did you know about Demon God Clan?"

Wu Neng: "About a thousand years ago, our ancestors moved out from the main branch of [Underworld Raven] clan and settled here. We don't know why our ancestors did that though. Even so, there was still teaching that we need to perform a ceremony on every dead body of both humans and monsters to send their soul to the underworld using our [Guide of Souls] ability. They said that it was our sworn responsibility to serve the Demon God Clan. We don't even know whether this so-called underworld actually exists or not. But, since it's our ancestors' teaching, we have no choice but to obey. At first, our ancestors were doing just fine because they had a strength far above those within this continent. However, a generation after generations, our power started to decline and finally to this point where the strongest one in the village was a Seven Fangs Fighter."

Wu Neng sighed as he was about to tell the next part of the story: "Forty years ago, when my grandfather died, my father succeeded him as this village's head, and I was just a child at that time, someone came. That someone was introducing himself as a disciple from Demon God Clan. He used the [Underworld Orb] to set up the monster repelling barrier around the village. I guess it's probably because my grandfather who was at Talon Warrior died, and my father who was only a Ten Fangs Fighter became the strongest person in the village. That's why we need more protection, otherwise, this village would not survive in this place until now."

Feng Luotian now had a clearer understanding of this village's situation. Their ancestors must make some mistake or commit some serious crime that they were assigned to this remote place as their punishment. It might not seem like a harsh punishment but it was an eternal banishment from the [Underworld Raven] clan, unless they had enough talents to cultivate without any support from the clan, and made it back with their own strength. However, with this environment and without supplements from the clan, it would be a nigh-impossible task to raise one's strength to such a level. That was why their ancestors refused to tell their descendants the reason for leaving, and told them to continue leaving in peace while still performing the clan's responsibility: [Guide of Souls].

Feng Luotian could only keep this to himself, then he asked another question: "How did you know that I'm from Demon God Clan?"

Wu Neng answered: "When you said that your surname was Feng, we suspected that you might be one from the clan, but you don't seem to come here with the clan's business. Also, you don't act arrogantly like that previous guy as we thought everyone from the Demon God Clan was arrogant and domineering. Later, when we saw you using your ability to rip Mao Quanzhou's head off, that appearance, it was the same as the one in our ancestors' record of the Demon God Clan. That's why we know that you're from the clan, my lord."

Afterward, it was Feng Luotian's turn to explain things. He described everything in detail about the underworld, the Demon God Clan and its purpose, their bloodline, clan, and duty with an exception of the reason why their ancestors needed to move out from the main branch.

With more understandings, Wu Neng finally realized that what they do was not just sending some souls to an unknown place, instead, it was something for the greater cause. That made him more motivated to become stronger and contribute more to the Demon God Clan.

3