CH 34 : RACING
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Luotian talked with Wu Neng and his family for half a day and the sun almost set. He bid his farewell and prepared to leave. Wu Xin was told by her parents that her Big Brother could not stay here with us, so she exploded her tantrum and cried. After that, she ran into her room and shut her door tight. The rest of them could do nothing but smile wryly at her action.

Afterward, Feng Luotian was sent off by all the villagers, except Wu Xin, of course. When Feng was about to leave, waving his hands at the villagers, Tu Lingxi caught up to him and asked: "What are you going to do next?"

Feng Luotian: "I'll pay a visit to their hideout. There's still something that bothers me."

Tu Lingxi raised her eyebrows as it piqued her interest: "What is it?"

Feng Luotian plainly answered: "Why did Jiu Hao have to rush back to his base the moment he knew you were attacking it?"

Tu Lingxi realized what he meant: "Now that you said it out loud. His action was indeed a little fishy."

Feng Luotian invited: "Wanna come?"

"!!" Tu Lingxi's face grew a little red. She was not expecting him to invite her to travel together just by the two of them. Nevertheless, she was still acting indifferently as she said: "Okay. I'll tag along until we really finish this bandit's matter."

Feng Luotian said: "Okay. Aren't you going to bid some farewell to the village?"

Tu Lingxi: "Wait a minute, then."

After that, Tu Lingxi returned to the village and said that she would go and check the Bandit Troupe's hideout together with Feng Luotian, then she would continue her previous travel for her growth in cultivation. The village certainly would not stop her from doing anything she wanted. The bandits had been wiped out, so they had no reason to hold her down on her cultivation path.

Tu Lingxi ran back to Feng Luotian: "Okay, I'm ready."

Feng Luotian asked: "Which way to their hideout?"

Tu Lingxi pointed northward: "That way, in a couple miles."

Suddenly, Feng Luotian thought up an idea. He smiled then said Tu Lingxi: "I remember you said that speed had always been your strongest quirk, right? Let's race. Whoever reached their hideout faster will get to choose whatever was there first."

Tu Lingxi gave Feng Luotian a glance: "Hmph!! Are you challenging me in term of traveling speed? Then, you're on and get ready to lose."

Feng Luotian only smiled in respond.

Although she knew that Feng Luotian was also proficient in speed by observing from the battle with the bandits earlier, she also noticed that his speed used quite a lot of Theríon and could only be activated just for a few moments. If it was the competition of the battle speed, she might not have a chance at all, but this was a race where you needed to keep your speed at its maximum for a long time. In addition, she could 'fly', so she did not have to bother with monsters, trees, hills, or whatever on the ground. This race was completely her game.

As for Feng Luotian, since he had just become a Six Fangs Fighter, he wanted to see his maximum speed and how long his [Pinnacle Flash Lightning] could last, but testing the skill by himself was boring, so he suggested the bet out of fun.

Feng Luotian picked a pebble on the road, and threw it up. He said: "Let's start when the pebble touched the ground."

Tu Lingxi smiled and waved her hand. Her expression was of someone who had already won: "Whatever."

Feng Luotian activated his [Pinnacle Flash Lightning] as Tu Lingxi placed a cherry blossom petal under her foot.

The moment the pebble dropped; an explosive sound was heard. And their two figures vanished.

Wu Neng sighed lamenting at his lack of talent: "These youngsters will definitely become someone great in the future."

Half a minute later, Feng Luotian reached their hideout, soaking in sweat as his Theríon almost ran out. He was dropping on the ground trying to catch his breath. Meanwhile, Tu Lingxi proudly stood and laughed out loud: "Hahaha! I told you to get ready to lose, didn't I, Big Brother Feng?"

It was indeed her game. Tu Lingxi reached here about ten seconds before Feng Luotian with a completely fine condition.

Feng Luotian: "Aah, you're good. I'll give you that." He did not mind losing at all. He gave Tu Lingxi a thumbs up for a moment and continued with his panting breaths.

Tu Lingxi hopped up and down in joy after receiving a compliment, then she came and sat beside Feng Luotian waiting for him to recover and explore the place together.

After Feng Luotian recovered most of his Theríon, he and Tu Lingxi started to search for any clue or item within the Bandit Troupe's hideout to answer their question. However, after searching in most of the place, there were not many valuable items. Only low-grade weapons, armors, and food ingredients were found.

The only place left unsearched was Jiu Hao's room. And as they expected, once they entered the room, they got the answer to their question right away. The room was filled with monster cores, pills, and a couple of high-grade weapons.

Tu Lingxi jumped around the room in excitement: "Wow!! They must plunder a lot of people to gather all these!!"

Feng Luotian solemnly commented: "And there must be a lot of innocent lives that were lost because of them."

Noticing Feng Luotian's mood was not as good as hers, she became less energetic: "Yes. It's good that we got rid of these guys."

Feng Luotian nodded: "Mhm." He was not that interested in the pile of treasures around the room, so he walked towards Jiu Hao's desk. He wanted to find some clue to connect the dots in his mind.

First, the village got attacked by a Talon monster that showed the behavior like one of those tamed beasts.

Second, the Talon monster was at the same level as the Wight Wolf who was controlled to assassinate Mei Yue'er.

Third, right after the village got attacked by a Talon monster, the bandits came to the village to claim the protective treasure that could stand against a Talon monster.

These three points made Feng Luotian suspect that there was a possibility Jiu Hao was somehow related to the ones having planned an assassination on Mei Yue'er.

While Feng Luotian was busy looking through the documents on Jiu Hao's desk, Tu Lingxi called: "Look!! They even robbed one of your schools. See? These two chests of monster cores and pills have the Peacock School's sigil." As the most famous school of Divine Bird City, even though Tu Lingxi was an outsider, she could still tell that it was the Peacock School's sigil.

Feng Luotian raised his head and saw that it was really the Peacock School's sigil on those two chests: "Heh!! They even dare to rob our school's items. I don't know if they're brave or dumb to actually courting d…" He let out a small chuckle and continued skimming through the documents, suddenly he stopped mid-sentence.

Feng Luotian's expression immediately turned ugly as he hid one of the documents into his ring.

2