CH 40 : WALK WHILE WHISTLING
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the west side of the exam area.

Three men were blocking a party of ten from entering any further.

The leader of the party firmly voiced his complaint to the three in front of them: "Why are you not letting us pass? All of us should be able to explore any place on the exam site. Who are you to obstruct our entry?"

As it happened, these three were Mei Hongli's men. They had received an order to block anyone who wished to enter this area. As loyal underlings, they would of course do as they were ordered without any questions.

They looked similar to each other because they were actually siblings whose names were Cai Long, Cai Hu, and Cai Lang.

Cai Long: "Who are we? We are Young Master Hongli's henchmen. Young Master Hongli ordered us to keep out anyone from entering this area because it's very dangerous inside."

Cai Hu: "For your sake, Young Master Hongli is braving the strong clones by himself. You guys should go to other areas."

Cai Lang: "This is completely out of Young Master Hongli's charity and benevolence."

A blatant lie was made just like that, coupling with boot-licking phrases to increase their master's prestige.

One of the ten let out a disdainful chuckle, not believing them in the slightest: "Heh!! Braving the strong clones by himself? You are kidding, right? As we undertook the path towards here, the clones we fought kept getting weaker and weaker. There is no way there will be strong clones here."

The leader also scorned them: "You dogs are probably scamming us right now, and letting their young master have an easy meal all by himself."

The rest of the party then supported with 'Yeah!!' and 'That's right!!' in unison.

Shaking his head, Cai Long stated: "There really is no saving you guys."

Cai Hu: "Okay, then!! We are not that unreasonable. Because we are trying to keep you all from danger, yet you do not listen. Then defeat us and enter."

Cai Lang: "If you can defeat us, it means you are strong enough to face the strong clones without getting hurt. How about it? Do you all agree? The exam doesn't prohibit the fight among the participants, right?"

The party leader, who was a Four Fangs Fighter and the strongest one in the party, contemptuously declared: "Hmph!! You think you are stronger than us. Eat this fist and bite the dust after!!"

He activated his Theríon and charged straight at Cai Long's group.

Cai Long: "Oh? The one who just called us dogs a moment ago?"

Cai Hu: "Four Fangs Fighter, huh?"

Cai Lang: "Not bad. But unfortunately, you are not strong enough."

Three of them burst their Theríon at the same time.

"!!" After sensing their Theríon, the party leader became panic.

All three of them were Five Fangs Fighters.

Just their combined aura alone was able to blast the party leader away. Having his own attack disrupted and bounced back, he vomited blood as he knelt on the ground.

Cai Long flashed and appeared in front of the leader: "Now, tell me!! Who is the dog? Answer wrongly and I will send you straight back to the scoreboard."

Now the party leader knew that he was no match for these guys, and as he had still not yet collected enough points to pass the exam, he had no choice but to concede: "I am."

Cai Long grinned and satisfyingly said: "That's right!! You are the damn dog. And there is no need for a dog to be in a place like this." Following that, he thrust out a palm strike at the party leader's head.

After a loud explosion of the attack, the party leader vanished from the scene as he was teleported back outside.

One of the party members demanded justice for his friend: "You!! His answer should satisfy your ego, why would you do that to him?"

Cai Long casually replied: "I said if he answers wrongly, I will punish him. But I didn't say a single word about letting him go if he answers correctly."

"!!" The rest of the party had ugly expressions and balled their fists while gnashing their teeth.

Cai Hu: "What? Not satisfied? Come at us then, if you want revenge. HAHAHA!!"

All three of them loudly laughed as they disdainfully sneered at the group; however, the party of ten, no, now is the party of nine, they had to turn around and left with gritted teeth. If they wished to pass the exam, they could not continue to throw away their chance. They could only bear this humiliation within their hearts.

While they were walking away, there was a figure gradually appearing in their sight. The figure was walking very slowly towards them with his hands behind his head while whistling with a nonchalant attitude like he was walking in his own flower garden.

One of the party members recognized that figure and said: "Guys, isn't that GCS?"

Another one in the party did not know this abbreviation: "GCS?"

The one earlier immediately rebuked with a low voice: "God's Crippled Son, you idiot!!"

Even though everyone in the city had used this title behind his back, only a few had the courage to say it out loud in front of him. He was God's son after all.

That dim-witted guy finally realized who he was: "But why is he here?"

But it was not only him that was confused, all others were also perplexed by this. So, one of them commented: "Not 'why' … but 'how'. How can he be here? A cripple like him walking alone in this exam site cannot survive longer than three minutes, much less being unharmed until now."

It was a setting that Mei Hongyi, the exam proctor, had prepared. If any participant was to be in the clone's line of sight, they would be attacked by that clone automatically. That was why the group was astonished. How could someone, who could not even activate Theríon to battle, travel around carefreely for so long?

Another one figured out something: "He must have closely followed us here, that's why he didn't have to fight any clones."

The one who started the conversation about GCS, who was also the current strongest cultivator in the party harshly lashed: "Another idiot is at work here. He? A cripple? Closely followed without us noticing?"

Upon realization, the group became even more confused. Even a party of ten, which ranged from Two Fangs to Four Fangs, was having a hard time fighting illusion clones in this weakest area of the exam site. A thought-to-be cripple was walking alone whistling harmlessly? That was unreachable by any common sense.

Soon, Feng Luotian walked past the party, heading towards Cai Long's group.

One of the party members commented: "Don't tell me he is planning to challenge those men?"

Another voiced their confusion and dissatisfaction: "If he has no intention of taking the exam seriously, why bothers coming here in the first place?"

One guy from the party stepped out and warned Feng Luotian: "Brother, those guys are blocking the path ahead. You can't cross unless you defeat them. And all three of them are Five Fang Fighters. You shouldn't provoke them."

Even if he was a cripple, he was still God's son. There was no harm in currying some favor when they had a chance.

Another one supported: "Yeah, it would be safer to find another place to hunt the clones, or rather, find yourself a party that will take you in, so you can leech their points."

From the side, another stated their disagreement: "Unfortunately, I think no one will be kind enough to take him anyway. Everyone is desperate right now."

And there were a few in the party who agreed with him: "This exam is despairingly difficult!! The weakest clone we found was Four Fangs. No one will have the time to carry a burden like you."

The first one who tried to curry a favor shouted: "Guys, that's rude!!"

"Who cares about being rude right now?"

The party started to quarrel among themselves until Feng Luotian voiced his mind: "Thank you all very much for showing such consideration." Then he continued his stroll.

Seeing that he had ignored their kind suggestion, some was displeased and did not wish to continue with this farce any longer: "Guys, ignore him!! It's already been 10 minutes since the exam started. We have to hurry and find clones we can takedown."

However, some were interested and suggested to his party: "Hold on!! Let's observe this event for a bit. I want to see what's going to happen. If it's like what we think would happen, then it will not take too long."

The party looked at each other, then nodded in unison.

"Okay. Let's see what will happen."

They turned around and kept their eyes on the upcoming event.

Feng Luotian looked at Cai Long's group.

His eyes flashed in purple glint, and a square of information appeared floating above each of them.

====================

Name: Cai Long

Level: Five Fangs

Bloodline: Armament Conjuring Robin

Bloodline Ability: Conjuration

Create any weapon out of Theríon that can deal more damage than a normal attack.

====================

Name: Cai Hu

====================

Name: Cai Lang

====================

Remark: As they were siblings, their bloodline and ability were the same.

When the Cai trio noticed Feng Luotian was coming their way, they greeted him with sarcastic commentary.

Cai Long: "Oh? Welcome, God's Cripple Son!! How may I be of service today?" He completely copied his master words by words, the exact sentence when it was spoken by Mei Hongli one month ago.

Feng Luotian waved his hand: "Cai Long, stop with your sarcasm. Why would you do this? What benefit would you get by following a guy like Mei Hongli? You guys standing guard here will not make you pass the exam."

2