CH 46 : WHAT A TROUBLESOME FELLOW
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Yue'er exclaimed in shock: "Luotian already got 150 points?!"

Sun Wuji also had a frown on his face: "How did he do it? Did he party with someone?"

Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji noticed Feng Luotian's score and were shocked in the same manner. The guy himself said that he would lay low and wait until his friends came back to help him pass, yet he had cleared the test in 30 minutes.

Mei Yue'er: "I don't know. But it doesn't matter now that all of us passed." She beamed with joy, not caring for any other matters. It was already great that the three of them could enter the Peacock School together.

Sun Wuji, on the other hand, snarled at Mei Hongli's score and called Mei Yue'er to continue their mission: "Hmph!! Mei Hongli!! Who in the world would believe that you are not cheating? Sister Mei, we need to hurry and surpass that guy in the ranking board!!"

Mei Yue'er who did not want to bother with the exam anymore asked: "Why? I'm not interested in some Talon core. I can get it whenever I want. If you want it, I will ask my father about it. Furthermore, we were also already in the top three. What else do you want?"

Sun Wuji was stumbling in words, not knowing how to explain, so he found other reasons for them to go further: "I-It's not that … don't you feel bitter if Mei Hongli got a higher ranking than you?"

Mei Yue'er: "Not at all. Why would I bother with something insignificant? Wait! Is there something else I don't know?" Unfortunately, his reason was not only insufficient to motivate Mei Yue'er, but it also raised her suspicion about the conflict between Mei Hongli and him.

Seeing Mei Yue'er almost caught on to the secret bet, Sun Wuji started to get agitated and make excuses: "N-No. I just thought that if we can eventually get the first place, then Brother Feng will be very happy and proud of us, right?" Actually, he wanted to run off and left her there unanswered, but that would make it even more suspicious.

Mei Yue'er: "…"

The silence from Mei Yue'er gave Sun Wuji some pressure, so he finally pretended to be angry: "It's the truth!! I don't know about you but I would rather be dead than having that guy get above us!! If you don't want to do this anymore, then just unlink your Theríon, so I can do this by myself."

Mei Yue'er yielded, but not entirely: "Fine!! If you insist on it, I will help you. But you better give me an explanation after all of this is over!!"

Sun Wuji: "What explanation? Let's go!!"

Following that, Sun Wuji rushed out, wishing to flee from this conversation as fast as possible.

Mei Yue'er: "Wuji, wait!!"

Feng Luotian: "Wow!! Mei Hongli, ah, Mei Hongli!! Have you no shame at all? Why did you have to make it so obvious? Okay. Now that most of the low-level clones had already been defeated by that guy. We have about 30 minutes left, it's impossible to catch up to him by defeating the high-level clones. However, …"

He turned his gaze to the north: "It's not like we are out of options."

With an evil smile, Feng Luotian said: "Mei Hongli, if you're going to do this way, I will drop you down until you are out of the top three so that you can learn your lesson. But first, I need to find Yue'er and Brother Sun."

He charged toward the east where Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji were. While he was running and taking some of Moon Lotus Seeds, Feng Luotian calculated the Theríon he had left: "If I am to use [Pinnacle Flash Lightning], I will be able to activate it for less than half a minute. In that time, I might be able to barely get to the east area. But after that, I will be out of Theríon. That wouldn't be good. Hmm? Hehe. Just in time."

As he thought while moving, Feng Luotian noticed another figure heading from the south. It was Ying Lizhua. But even before Feng Luotian opened his mouth to greet the guy, a roar much louder than the thunder itself shook the air around him: "Feng Luotian!! Explain yourself!!"

As soon as he met Feng Luotian, Ying Lizhua demanded an answer. Ever since the scoreboard had been shown on the sky, he had been befuddled as to how Feng Luotian was able to get those 150 points. And after actually facing the guy, he became even more puzzled, because he did not sense any aura from Feng Luotian at all. So, he thought: "Is he still a cripple leeching points from others?"

But if he was leeching points, then the only ones who would let him leech their points would be Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji. However, their scores were not matched, and they were both nowhere to be seen. That was why he demanded the answer from the guy.

Feng Luotian: "You will know about it sooner or later. But Brother Ying, isn't there a more important issue?"

Facing such a domineering tone from Ying Lizhua, Feng Luotian casually changed the topic just like that.

Ying Lizhua raised his brows: "More important issue?"

After thinking a bit, he looked at the scoreboard in the sky: "Heh!! Do you mean that at this rate Mei Hongli will really take the top in this exam? Once I get to that One Talon clone, he can kiss his top-ranking goodbye!!"

As expected from someone who had the highest cultivation level in this exam, he was extremely confident in himself that he could take on a Talon clone.

Feng Luotian: "Wow, how confident you are, Brother Ying!! But how do you know that the clone Second Elder mentioned was just a One Talon clone? He only said that it was a Talon clone."

Ying Lizhua: "!!" After being reminded by Feng Luotian, he became silent. Yes. With his trump card, Ying Lizhua was confident that he could defeat a One Talon clone. However, if the clone was stronger than that, he might not be able to. But would Second Elder be that heartless to put that level of a clone into a test for young cultivators? Well, it was not impossible.

Seeing Ying Lizhua's hesitating reaction, Feng Luotian smiled and invited: "Form a party with us and defeat the strongest clone together. Look at the scores, either way, you will still take the top."

Ying Lizhua pondered over it for a moment and agreed: "Fine!!"

Actually, he did not wish to join hands with Feng Luotian, he still had not sensed Feng Luotian's cultivation, therefore, the guy was still a cripple in his eyes. But, the word 'us' Feng Luotian mentioned definitely meant Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji. He knew their talent and strength really well. If he was to join them, the probability of success would increase.

Ying Lizhua asked: "Do you know where it is?" He thought that since Feng Luotian had suggested taking down the strongest clone together, then he might know something.

Feng Luotian replied: "It's at the center of a vast plateau in the north area. Very easy to notice. We have to hurry as we don't have that much time, but I have to get to Yue'er and Brother Sun in the east area first."

Ying Lizhua chuckled: "Heh, you wish to travel from here to the east area by yourself? You alone? Even if you are good at hiding from clones, by the time you reach the east area, the exam will already be over."

Feng Luotian smiled: "That's why I'd like to ask you for a favor."

Ying Lizhua frowned: "What favor?"

Feng Luotian: "As I remember, you have an incredible support skill [Eagle Flight] that would boost both speed and attack. Not only to yourself but it could also be used to buff other people. So, could you use that [Eagle Flight] on me?"

Ying Lizhua shook his head: "Why would I waste a large chunk of my Theríon for a cripple like you? Using that skill on you won't change anything."

Feng Luotian: "Yes, it will." He gave a huge smile and burst his purple-flame-golden-lightning aura: "With your skill, I will be able to get there within five minutes at most."

Ying Lizhua: "Six Fangs?!" As soon as he saw Feng Luotian's aura, Ying Lizhua was in complete shock. Now he knew how Feng Luotian got those 150 points. And some part deep in his heart was actually amazed and excited as he inwardly thought: "As expected from someone I used to respect."

Ying Lizhua: "I don't know whether you have been hiding your cultivation for so long and having fun fooling everyone, or you have just found yourself a fortunate encounter. It's good to have you back. But I won't go back and dilly-dally among your group anymore. I have my own way to keep that promise!!"

With an exception of his foul mouth, Ying Lizhua was actually a particularly open-minded person. Once Feng Luotian was strong enough, he acknowledged him right away.

Feng Luotian: "I know. Thank you for taking care of me all this time."

"…" Ying Lizhua stayed silent, acting like he did not know what Feng Luotian was talking about.

Feng Luotian outrightly explained: "I know why you have been bullying me with harsh words and telling Yue'er and Brother Sun to get away from me. It's all because you think that I'll be able to break through much faster being alone than surrounding in an easy-going environment. So, thank you."

Ying Lizhua: "Hmph!! What are you talking about? It's because you were trash so you deserved to be thrown away. I will go and wait for you guys in the north. But if that clone appears to be just a One Talon clone. I will finish it myself!!" He then executed [Eagle Flight] on Feng Luotian, and quietly left the scene, heading to the north with no more words.

Seeing the departing figure, Feng Luotian smiled while saying: "What a troublesome fellow." After receiving a supportive skill from Ying Lizhua, Feng Luotian spotted a series of purple light words materializing in front of him.

2