CH 47 : FORMING A PARTY
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

====================

Positive Buff

Eagle Flight (Rare) Level 5

Cover the target's entire body with fierce wind for 10 minutes.

Attack +100%

Moving with the wind, Speed +200%

Moving against the wind, Speed +50%.

No wind, Speed +100%

====================

"Oh? When getting buffed from others, I can directly see their skill's detail!!"

Feng Luotian exclaimed in excitement as another ability of Kronos was discovered.

He was also astonished by Ying Lizhua's skill level: "Rare skill level 5?! And I thought I'm the only training maniac here."

Although the skill was just a Rare one, the required skill proficiency points to raise the skill to level 5 was about twice as much as upgrading the Legendary skill from level 1 to level 3. Even though Feng Luotian needed only one month to do it, he used his knowledge and Kronos to refine only monster cores that benefited his skill, while Ying Lizhua was one of the people who had no knowledge of monster cores' types.

More than that, this buffing skill of Ying Lizhua should use a lot more Theríon than Feng Luotian's [Pinnacle Flash Lightning]'s activation cost. This made Feng Luotian question whether Ying Lizhua actually used the skill more often than he breathed, or did he ever sleep at all? Outside of his sleeping time, Ying Lizhua should be activating his skill all day long as soon as the Theríon was up. Who in the right mind would do that?

Feng Luotian: "Anyway, I will rush to where Yue'er and Brother Sun are, gaining some points in the process. With the wind going east, I can get there even faster." With a whoosh, he vanished from where he stood.

With the double-attack boosted by [Eagle Flight], Feng Luotian could practically defeat every clone in his path at Seven Fangs or lower, in less than one second.

Within five minutes, after he defeated clones with only a few touches, with a score of 420 points, he rose from 10th Rank to 5th Rank under Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji's party, blowing everyone's mind once again.

"What?!"

Sun Wuji was a bit shocked before, but now he was completely flabbergasted at the sight of the score.

Mei Yue'er: "Wuji, what's wrong?"

Ever since she knew that Feng Luotian had passed the exam, she was not concerned herself with the scoreboard anymore, so she did not notice any change that happened on the scoreboard.

On the other hand, Sun Wuji, who was racing against time to beat Mei Hongli because he knew what was at stake, always looked at the score each time he defeated each clone. So, naturally, he would notice that Feng Luotian's score had skyrocketed and caught up to them.

Sun Wuji pointed at the scoreboard in the sky: "Sister Mei, look!! That guy can really get scores on his own!!"

"Who?" Mei Yue'er raised her head to look and saw a certain name under theirs.

"!!" Mei Yue'er was in a complete stun. No one knew how long she had been hoping for this day when her belov … her sworn brother had finally obtained the strength to fight. A streak of tears was also coming out due to an overflowing feeling. Several emotions invaded her mind until she became totally still and unaware of her surroundings.

At that moment, a Seven Fangs clone dashed out from the bush nearby to attack Mei Yue'er.

Sun Wuji: "Sister Mei, watch out!!" Upon notice, he knew that he could not save her in time, so he could only shout it out to wake her from the stupor. However, as if she had cut out all senses, Mei Yue'er did not react to Sun Wuji's call at all, standing still without moving.

As the clone's attack was about to reach her body, a figure flew by and gave the clone an aggressive kick to its stomach. Its body was blown into the forest, crashing several trees, and vanished into aurora light.

"Yue'er, shouldn't you be careful of your surroundings?"

Now, the voice from the newcomer immediately woke Mei Yue'er up as she cried: "Luotian!!"

Feng Luotian stood in front of her with his usual flame-lightning aura along with the covering wind of [Eagle Flight]: "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

Mei Yue'er quickly turned away and wiped away her tears: "I'm okay!! And I'm not crying!!"

Sun Wuji: "Wow, wow, wow!! Six Fangs, huh?! You could really keep secrets from us, Brother Feng?" After noticing his brother's surprising power, he would, of course, come to tease him a bit with three wows.

Mei Yue'er: "Six Fangs?!" With what happened earlier, she did not notice his aura, but after Sun Wuji said it, although she had not finished hiding her embarrassment, she could not help but turn around in shock to check it herself: "You're really at Six Fangs. How can that be? How did you do it? Did you have a fortunate encounter? Who did you meet this past month? Can he be trusted? …"

Before she went any further with her questions, Feng Luotian raised both hands telling her to stop: "Save it for later. We don't have much time to get to the first ranking and take that cheater down from there."

In Mei Yue'er's eyes, the matter of Feng Luotian meeting his fortunate encounter beyond the city was far more important than some ranking of this entrance exam: "What's with you guys? Why are you so anxious to take the first place that much?"

Sun Wuji looked at Feng Luotian. Now, he was with the cause of all this, he could throw the ball at Feng Luotian to answer this by himself. At the same time, Sun Wuji was nervous. Either Feng Luotian told the truth or said something not quite supportive of his previous reasoning, Mei Yue'er might not let it go. Luckily, it's neither of those as Feng Luotian was quick-witted enough.

Feng Luotian spread his hands: "It's our pride, Yue'er. We can't allow someone like that gets above us. It's men's stuff."

Sun Wuji made a huge sigh in his heart and shouted: "That's right!!"

Mei Yue'er: "…"

Feng Luotian continued with his objective, smoothly changing the topic and avoiding Mei Yue'er's previous question: "At this rate if we continue hunting normal clones, we won't be able to get to the top in time. We need to defeat the strongest clone with five thousand points. I already told Brother Ying about forming a party with us. He's waiting for us in the north area where that clone was."

Sun Wuji: "You invited Ying Lizhua to join us?! Wouldn't it result in him getting the first place after defeating that clone?"

Feng Luotian: "As long as Mei Hongli is not placed first, everything will be fine, won't it?"

Sun Wuji: "Uh, that's true."

Sensing a suspicious glare from Mei Yue'er, Feng Luotian added: "And of course, it is because we can't have someone cheating getting the first place, right? Instead, it would be the greatest genius of this city. And he's also our sworn brother. Why would we mind that? Furthermore, I don't think we can take down the Talon clone without his help." He then narrowed his eyes signaling Sun Wuji to agree.

Sun Wuji: "O-O-Oh … that's right!! If that's the case, then we should hurry there right away."

Feng Luotian: "First, let me into your party." He raised his hand and offered his Theríon to link with the party. Sun Wuji instantly accepted it and let Feng Luotian join their party. Following that, Kronos was acting up and added a [PARTY] tab next to the [STATUS] tab, causing him to raise his brows: "Umm?"

====================

PARTY

[Member 1]

Name: Mei Yue'er

Level: Eight Fangs

Bloodline: Thousand Illusion Aurora Peacock

Bloodline Ability: Illusion Clone Level 8

The user can create an illusion clone with the cost of Theríon. The higher level of the clone, the more Theríon it costs. Create an illusion clone at the same level as the user will cost their maximum Theríon capacity. And the overall status of the illusion clone is increased by 16% at this level.

[Member 2]

Name: Sun Wuji

Level: Seven Fangs

Bloodline: Blitz Stone Titan Monkey

Bloodline Ability: Stone Transformation Level 7

Transform the user's body to stone boosting attack and defense while the user's speed will be decreased according to how much the body was transformed. Trade speed X% to increase attack and defense 3.5X%.

====================

2