Night guests (15. Shared universe)
486 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coruscant under the shadow of the night, thin silhouettes move through the darkness of an underground rarely visited alley. The strange figures, were moving silently, sneaking through the sidestreet, using the thick shadows before the hour of dawn's first light.

There was less than an hour before the break of dawn, but in this deep among the endless forest of skyscrapers that covered the entire surface of the city planet named Coruscant. To this depth, the first rays of the sun would only manage to pierce through at noon, when the sun is right above our heads. 

Even then, it would only stay like that for quite a limited time. To bathe in the original light of the sun, is a privilege that belongs to the wealthy and powerful in this world. 

The shadowy figures seemed to surround a battered building, it was a construction attached to the side of a giant skyscraper. It was standard procedure, buildings were built like that around here. Like moss growing on the side of a huge tree, it was like that, to live in the depths of Coruscant, the heart of the Republic. 

The strange figures that had completely surrounded the building seemed to froze for a moment, their crawling stopped. A shape of a woman clad in black clothes, stepped forward and walked up to the door, of the house. The lean figures from earlier were surrounding the entire place, hiding, filling every single shadow, that was large enough to hide them from sight. 

The woman, patted down her clothes, as if she was readying herself for a theatrical performance. She even cracked her neck left to right with a practiced ease that only showed a little bit of tension. In the end, she smiled sweetly to herself then knocked on the door exactly three times. 

With that done, she waited for a while. Soon enough, there were sounds of shuffling steps on the other side of the door. The slider on the thick steel plated door was pushed aside and the eyes of a Quarren man appeared in the tiny slit. The voice of the alien man was filled with annoyance seeing the dumbly smiling dathomirian woman. 

-I have no need for bald bitches at this hour! Get out of here, damn bastard!

The shine of a red light appeared, it was pointed at the door when it was activated. The laser blade pierced through the reinforced steel door, like a hot knife cutting into butter. The eyes, of the alien man, widened momentarily, his expression soon contorted in pain as the blade that pierced through the door, no doubt pierced through his chest as well.

The indeed bald woman continued to smile with sickening sweetness, as she said to the dying man. 

-That's good then, because I have no need for you either. 

With that she moved his still ignited lightsaber that was embedded into the door, and the man behind it, sideways cutting both the man and the door in half, then with a raw forcepush she sent the door into the house. With that, she stepped aside, and a squad of commando droids covered in dark cloaks standard blaster rifles and vibroswords marched into the house killing and massacring anyone standing in their path.  


-From the perspective of Mady-


There was a loud crash in the middle of the night, which was followed by a series of blaster gun bursts. A gunfight happening at this hour, in this particular place was not that strange actually. The Republic's hand had reached far in this galaxy, but they didn't seem to control the very slums hidden under their feet. It was like that in every civilization I know of. People, will sooner travel to the farthest place in the galaxy to deliver food supplies for some out of sight colony, then go into the slums of their own city and give out food for the people there. 

She grabbed onto her sidearm, and listened to the sounds for a while, trying to figure out if one of the drunken fools in one of the neighbors might had one more death stick then he should have... Unfortunately, it became crystal clear from the sounds of hurrying steps, and quickly broken out chaotic fire fight and screams that filled the entire building that it was not the case. 

-Boys... the Republic soldiers somehow managed to track us down. 

I shouted over to the others, who were already getting up to their feet. We were kind of expecting something like that to happen, but still were surprised by their efficiency. We only kidnapped the ex-princess of Nabo, wherever that is, about six hours ago, and they have already tracked us down. 

There was a death scream coming from the corridor then the sound of a grenade going off inside the house shook the entire building. 

-They are not taking kind to our approach, from those noises guys... I wonder if they don't care about the wellbeing of the senator? 

I thought loudly while throwing my rifle gun over my shoulder and preparing my new one handed blaster pistol. 

Zyl was standing next to me, looking at the door with a fierce gaze. 

I turned to him and asked. 

-Where is Rark? 

-He is escorting the princess to the hover car we prepared in case of necessary evacuation. 

I nodded. 

-Good, then we should follow them. 

With that, we run towards the backdoor, which leads to a wet and cold underground tunnel. 

-Can I go forward, I mean you have a shield, so it doesn't bother you that much if you got shot in the ass... While for me, it would be not just painful, but a waste of a nice ass. Don't you agree? 

Zyl looked at me with a strange expression, protoss didn't really have an eye pupil in a normal way. Their eyes were like burning plasma in various colors after all, but if he had one I would swear that it would look just like as if he rolled his eyes. Could it be? 

-Did you roll your eyes at me, did you do that just now? 

-Move your fat ass already, and shut your trap!

He pushed me with one hand into the tunnel and I almost fell on my face, as I tripped over something in the dark corridor. 

-Auch... don't push me like that you creep! 

-Then stop using me as a meat shield and I might think of you as more than a mere nuisance with a nice ass. 

-Uuuuhhh... so you think, that I have a nice ass after all. Hehe... but remember, no touch... 

-... Whatever you mean.

-Hej, it's not what I mean... your religion is the one that forbids creating hybrids, ain't that right? 

-... You? By the Khala... you are impossible... 

-Hah, it is my strong point, after all!  

A few moments later, we reached the end of the short tunnel, the other end was already open since Rark had come through here with the princess in toe. I stepped out of the tunnel, right into a small dusty hungar that was barely enough to hide a single hover car. It was however in a different building looking at it from the outside, therefore any intruder is unable to assume that it is connected in any way to it. 

-Smugglers are creative, and ingenious with their resources in every galaxy after all. 

I stated this while straightening my spine with a small stretch. It was at that moment, when I felt something cold pushed between my shoulder blades.

I immediately stopped moving blindly guessing from the sensation what it could be. 

I felt an arm grab onto my neck from behind as I realized that it was exactly as I feared. 

-Ugh, Rark you fool... 

-Sorry, about that... 

Sounded Rark's voice from a corner. 

-She tricked me.

He added, with a flare of annoyance.

I turned my head, only to see Rark standing in the middle of the activated shield prison trap, that his friend had even shown to us previously to not get caught by it. It was put in place to capture his subordinates sneaking into his hangar to steal more than their share. 

I was pulled aside forcefully, by the senator, as she seemed extremely angry at me, I wonder why... 

She kicked me in the knee from behind and I fell on my knees. I could have stayed standing if I really wanted, but she was pushing her gun into my back and didn't seem to be in the right mindset to argue with... 

-Don't even try to move, or I will grill your girlfriend here, I swear! 

She shouted at Zyl who finally stepped into the hangar, seeing the enfolding situation. He wanted to close the door behind him, but the senator shouted again.

-DON'T MOVE! I swear I will fry this bitch if you move just one more step!

She breathed heavily, with flailing emotions. 

You know what, I believed what she said, and I didn't like it. 

-Zyl! Stop moving you piece of shit, she is really going to fry me!

-If I don't close the door, we will be swarmed by the enemy. 

Answered the ever so apathetic protoss. 

The senator didn't seem to agree with that notion however. 

-Yes, that is right! We will wait for the clones to come here, you will surrender nicely, and I will get back to my home! 

I decided to interrupt her lovely monologue. 

-Okay, okay... you win, we will let you go I promise, just don't force us to go into prison. I had enough of that already... We can go our separate ways, and have a happy ending! 

She grasped onto my hair and pulled my head backwards while pressing that gun even deeper into my back. 

-Aja-a-a-ajj! So-sorry, just forgot that I said anything!

-The people, like you are the worst, shameless criminals, without honor, no respect or decency. I feel bad even looking at you, ruining other people's lives, then asking them for forgiveness, mercy... Which you never showed towards them. 

My expression darkened considerably after hearing the lecturing tone, filled with a blind sense of righteousness. I couldn't help myself and said, while she was still grabbing onto my hair. 

-How funny, whichever world or galaxy I am in... The rich always find a way to spit on the efforts of the poor, all that with an arrogance that could only equal to their stupidity. 

She took my glare in without a blink and mirrored it with her own. 

-I was not the one, who sneaked into your house and kidnapped you. If you would know anything of my work as a senator, you wouldn't have said those words to me either... Which of us is the ignorant here, I wonder? 

-Then, do you suggest, that you would come with me if I asked you nicely, your guards would have chased me away.

-From what I have experienced until now in your warm company, they would have done me a favor. 

-... tsk!

-Clicking your tongue won't change anything... but you will have time to practice your debates in prison. 

We heard a sudden blast going off in the tunnel, likely blowing up the other entrance. There were heavy and quick mechanical sounds coming from the tunnel. Zyl was in a position to look into the tunnel, and after a single glance, he bolted to action and closed the steel door. 

The princess, and all of us were surprised by the sudden actions. His movements were enhanced by the zealot's armor, which he had repaired to a perfect condition since the battle at the gate, that we couldn't follow his movements. 

The senator was quite shocked by this, and after her initial surprise disappeared she began to shout. 

-... You! Stop, what are you doing, I said stop or I shoot her!

I felt her grasp on my hair tightening, and I felt my scalp pulled backwards as a result. 

-Z-z-zyl! I will go bald if she pulls my hair any harder, please!

Zyl looked at us, and said. 

-You said, you were waiting for clones, right? 

The senator blinked, but nodded quickly sensing the seriousness in Zyl's voice. Meanwhile sounds of metal hitting metal sounded on the other side of the door. 

-These ain't clones, more like battle droids. We need to get out of here!

Heavy silence fell upon us, as everyone was looking around in the small hanger, trying to figure out what to do and who to trust. 

Rark shouted acting like he didn't care, but the shake of his voice suggested otherwise.

-Decide it now, they will blow in the door in a minute. 

The senator looked at me, then Zyl, and to that stupid Rark, then she nodded. 

-Okay... but you girl, are coming with me. Release your friend, and prepare the craft. While we sit in the back seat, one wrong movement and I will roast her. Now move!

I felt her hand pull my hair once more... 

-Ugh, okay... okay! Relax... I so fucking hate you Rark... 

-Silence! And give me your guns, that rifle too!

-Uh-oh?! I am moving okay, you are the boss... just don't shoot! I have a family waiting at home! At least five children... 

-If I ever find out that you lie about your children, I will put a bounty on your head equal to the money they offered for kidnapping me... 

-W-e-well! I mean, I have a younger sister... and a lot of friends, that are similar to kids... 

-You are the worst... 

-Sorry... 

She pushed me by my hair, in front of her, while Zyl released Rark from the energy shield. I was quickly pushed down onto the backseat, while she set beside me finally letting go of my hair, and only pointing a gun in my face. 

The others quickly jumped into the ship taking the first two seats, the hangar door opened automatically and we swung out through the opened gate.

Unfortunately our escape did not go unnoticed, and we were quickly followed by our stubborn visitors. 

 

 

19