Vol 9: Prologue – To Slaughter
258 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure it is here?" An older man wearing white embroidered clothing asked.

"Yes, your Eminence." A middle-aged man said with a chuckle.

"Knock it off." The older man replied coldly.

In front of them was a cave which emanated the stench of burning flesh.

"Who goes there?" A cold and threatening voice asked.

"Dougal, I presume." The older man said to the cave.

A middle-aged man, who had patches of burn marks over his body, suddenly appeared at the cave entrance. "You have some nerve coming here knowing my name."

"I wish to make a deal with you."

"Deal? Are you worthy?" Dougal said before he suddenly rushed towards the two men. His arm transformed into a Dragon claw that slashed out towards the two of them.

The two men's bodies also changed and became monster-like, and they also attacked. Both sides withdrew several steps and gave each other a dignified look.

Dougal's expression became gloomy. He would be more than confident in fighting these two in his heyday, but now he was not so sure. Additionally, they possessed a strange aura similar to a curse, but different and not magic in origin. "What kind of deal do you want to make?"

"What do you think of the humans and their heroes?"

"The lot of them are better off dead."

The older man smiled. "Well, we may be able to help you with that."

Dougal sneered. "Do you take me for a fool? Even in my prime, I wouldn't dare attack humans openly. Enough ants can eventually take down a beast."

"Then, if you aren't alone? Had help from those of your race?"

"The world barriers won't allow that."

"Ah, but that's where we come in. We can lead others through the world's barriers. In return, you only need to kill off as many of their heroes as possible."

Dougal looked at the two of them and smiled. "In that case, it seems we have a deal."

6