Chapter 43 – Make a Team
782 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(So, I am on the 96th chapter, and the story is becoming more complex. I do love writing this story, and it is on a transition point. For that, I need to know something. As I said, the story is becoming more complex, the characters are becoming more complex. So the smut part...is becoming harder. If someone could comment, and tell me. 1 to 10, how necessary is the smut part, and will you leave the novel if the smut lessens?)

 

"Jay...someone is calling you..." A sleepy voice and a soft hand shook him.

"Yeah...I heard...I don't want to pick it."

Another hand stroked his chest as a sultry voice entered his ear, "then mute it at least."

Jay raised his body, shiting towards his right, squeezing MJ's body under his as he picked up the cell, frowning after he got the look at the caller id.

MJ tried her best to push him back, "as much as I like getting crushed by you. Now is not the time. Let me sleep."

Jay leaned back, resting his back on the headboard, picking up the call, "Fury? What is it?"

"We need to talk. Come over."

"Is it serious?"

"There was another attack."

"Give me five minutes."

Jay put down the cell, lying back down, making Felicia curl her lips, kissing his neck, "didn't you just say five minutes?"

"Yes, four minutes and 59 seconds are for me to rest."

Felicia smiled, closing her eyes, whispering, "there are a lot of things I can do in four minutes 59 seconds."

Jay rolled his eyes, kissing her forehead, secretly putting a spell on MJ to make her fall asleep, "we worked the whole month for this. I need to take this seriously."

He jumped from over her, his clothes change in mid-air, his face became cleaner as if he had just bathed. By the time he landed on his feet, even the smell of his breath was fresh.

He kissed Felicia's forehead, "I'll see you soon."

"Show off."

Jay chuckled, entering the portal that appeared behind him. He turned, seeing Fury sit there, trying to look at the other side of the portal. But the portal closed before he could even get a clear view.

"Wow, you look haggard. Are you ok?"

Nick threw a digital file towards him, making Jay glance towards the cube, "should I be even seeing that?"

"No, you should not. That is why you aren't seeing it," Nick leaned back while Jay read the files, "it's the fifth time, and MO is always the same. One of the sites is razed, with nearly no one left alive. Those who are left alive have most of their memory missing. In the other facility, some are dead, some are erased, most are alive. But the thing common in two is that all our data and equipment has been taken. None of our protective measures have worked till now. Which is another proof that Primo is behind this."

"So, one side is taken out by Primo, and the other by Ghost and Captain?"

"That is what we believe, but they are good at covering their tracks. But the clear memory thing is your thing."

"Is that why you sent agents to watch me? And put Natasha into house arrest?" Jay sat down, reading the files.

"I sent agents to watch everyone. Every person that we know of and has powers. The ones that we can't find are Dr. Banner, Captain America, and Ghost."

Jay closed the files, shifting towards Fury, "why am I here? Fury?"

Fury turned his chair towards the side, tapping his finger on the chair, "I want you to create a team and find Primo and stop them."

Jay rolled his eyes, "I don't even know if that is possible."

Fury slammed the table, "make it possible!!!!"

Jay raised his eyebrow, making Fury take deep breaths, "do you know what will happen if SHIELD is destroyed? We are the final line between order and chaos. Especially in a time like this when people with superpowers are popping out? The world order as we know it will crumble. Of all the people...you should understand. You told me that sorcerers protect this world from threats from other dimensions. What do you think will happen if these sorcerers were killed by someone drunk on power?"

Jay stood up, "nice try. But no, thank you. I have no interest in coming back."

"You won't be back. It will be a unit, off the record, using facilities that are off the books. You will get to chose who you have in your team."

Jay hesitated, sitting back down, "that sounds interesting. Let me think...I want...Coulson."

"Coulson? Not Natasha?" Fury watched him with a surprised gaze.

"No, you benching her kinda makes it hard to have...whatever we were having..."

"You mean sex?"

"No, don't say that. It was more than that," Jay waved his hand.

"Although I didn't see it clearly, there were definitely one or more women on that bed."

"That is different too. Anyway, Natasha won't do, and then I don't want to do this forever. This will be a one enemy thing, take care of Primo, and I'll beam out. So Coulson, whom you are training as you next in command, will do just fine. It will be a quick take-over."

"Who else?" Fury nodded, asking.

"Let's see. Monica Rambeau, has she awakened superpower?"

Fury frowned, "No."

"She might be the only chance we have against Primo."

"She's in training."

"I'll help her train. I have an eye on another one, a hacker. I am going to make contact. As for others, ask Coulson to pick. Tell him to call me when he is done," Jay raised his hand to open the portal, stopping, glancing back, "don't peek." 

He opened the portal outside the door of Felicia's bedroom, smiling as he closed the portal, "get a girl, Nick."

Fury rolled his one eye, watching the portal close. He dialed Coulson's number, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello, Boss?"

"Come back. I have a new mission for you."

"Yes, Boss."

New York,

A portal appeared in the alleys of New York, and Jay walked out, closing the portal behind him, "Echo, where is she?"

"Walk 50 meters and take a left," Echo talked like a GPS, making Jay chuckled, "Ah, I don't think I like that."

"I like it, Sir. Walk 50 meters and take a left."

Jay rolled his eyes at her, walking out the alley, taking a left, "Now walk 500 meters to the front."

He took a step forward and skipped the five hundred meters of land beneath his feet, "that's cheating. Sir."

"Hm, I can feel here."

"No, I want to tell," Echo whined.

"That's cute. I like that. Do that again." Jay hastened his steps, his eyes falling on the woman with black hair. From the side view, she seemed to be of mixed ethnicity.

"Echo? Don't tell me you are angry," Jay softly smiled, crossing through the crowd, taking a left on the green light.

The girl glanced back, seemingly having figured out that he was following after her. She hastened her steps, trying to disappear between the people. But Jay still kept up with her.

She took a left, walking inside an alley, running to the other side of the road. She took a right before taking another alley jumping over the fences.

She kept going until she was away from where she was before, looking back to see if anyone was following.

Suddenly, she felt like she collided against a wall, nearly falling down, when a strong hand held her, and a charming voice tickled her ears, "Now, be careful."

The young girl looked up with a bright yet nervous smile, "I know you, don't I? You are the co-owner of Stark Industries, aren't you?" She freed herself from his light grasp, walking back, "my friend would be so happy to see you. She might even give you her number. Let me call her."

She turned to run away when her body collided into Jay's body again, falling down, "what the hell! What are you even made of? And how did you get here so fast? You were just there."

She jumped on her feet, her eyes brightened, "I know." She snapped her fingers, pointing towards Jay, "you are an android that Iron Man created, aren't you?"

She came over, curiously touching his cheek, pulling it, "I always said that you couldn't be real."

Jay covered his face, pleasantly laughing, "thank you for that, I guess. But no, I am not an android."

He pointed towards the garbage bins, "so, you want to talk here? Or would you like to have coffee?"

"Here is fine," The young girl got on her feet when Jay opened a portal in front of her, "No, I think you'd like the coffee."

He stepped inside, leaving the young girl behind, causing her to curiously look at the portal.

She hastily took out her cell, taking a pic, and started running when the portal moved, chasing behind her, taking her in, disappearing after leaving behind orange sparks.

Stark Industries, Jay's Office,

"Always a fighter," Jay sat down on the sofa, using the landline to ask someone to bring coffee, "right, I didn't ask you what you want. Coffee? Soda? Beer?"

"Holy Shit!" The girl covered her face, looking around, pinching herself.

"Sorry, I doubt even here at Stark Industries you will find something like that."

The girl closed her eyes, pointing at him, "wow, you went there."

Jay closed the landline, "yeah...that was a bit much.

The girl sat down on the adjacent sofa chair, looking at him with interest, "what does Mr. Wizard want with me?"

"No, it's more about what I can do for you. Mary Sue Potts, or should I call you Skye?"

20